Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2006, 17:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

carcrazy: I wonder which are such 5 stars which do not allow porch parking... And why just a 5 star, i would like my car to be lowered when parked even if is in the middle of a market or in the lane behind my house!! Secondly, the ones which lower when parked can be lowered anytime as well. It all depends on how you want it to be set up.
Old 18th June 2006, 20:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Secondly, the ones which lower when parked can be lowered anytime as well. It all depends on how you want it to be set up.
Hey Arush.... can you control the hydraulics to make it go up or down to any level? As in... totally lower it when you driving on mirror like roads, raise it just a bit when you see a small bump and raise it to it's max level when you see a mother of a speedbreaker?
Or is it that it can only go up and down to preset levels?

Godspeed.

Alok
Old 19th June 2006, 00:20   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Aaaahh these are known as "lowriders"

Check out these links

www.lowrider-pimp.be

www.justcustomz.com
Old 19th June 2006, 01:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Does here in India any one does a this fine job I dont think so...........
here it is a very long way to reach there......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 19th June 2006 at 01:44.
Old 19th June 2006, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

LBM: nothing is impossible, you just need the moolah to do a job. The pic you've shown is nothing more than a chromalusion paintjob and a dust free environment. Have money, will do

ghostrider: the height can be adjusted to any level, however it would not be advisable to do it while running on the road. What you say is very much possible and exactly the same thing i have in mind, lower it on a mirror road and if you know that you have a bump coming up then raise it beforehand... however if you do not know the road and you see a bump ahead of you at that time... may the lord have mercy on the underbody!

Last edited by autopsyche : 19th June 2006 at 12:44.
Old 19th June 2006, 12:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
LBM: nothing is impossible, you just need the moolah to do a job. The pic you've shown is nothing more than a chromalusion paintjob and a dust free environment. Have money, will do
100 % agree with U.....

But till now I have not seen a single setup like that. And I dont think Indians are poor in any way.........
Old 19th June 2006, 13:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

LBM I think it's more a case of haven't seen it so don't know about it rather than money. For someone to put down money for that kind of work everyone likes to see, touch & feel what it's going to look like afterwards.

Once when somebody does something like it then you will see all the me-toos lining up to get it done on their rides. It's just our herd mentality you know.
Old 19th June 2006, 18:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

carcrazy: Peace first. What i mean to say is that i want my setup to be variable. I would not link it to my key switch directly. I would want an independent lower/raise button so that i can vertically move my car whenever i want.
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:30   #24
BHPian

The hummer is sitting on its bump stops, there's no way in hell that machine can move without doing substansial damage to everything underbody!!! Not even on a mirror finish road [Not like there are many of those around!!!!]

That's merely a showcase position!!!

Now, Arush i know you already knew that, im just stating it here for everyone else!!!

Cheers!~

PS: However, it's a killer look........ waiting to see your car bagged man!!!

Last edited by Edmund : 23rd June 2006 at 10:32.
Old 25th July 2006, 13:33   #25
evoVIII

hey arush.. .i was looking for something hydraulic kit like this for my honda city 1.5 exi... it has a body kit n stuff n really want it lowerd.. any idea who can import these kits?

Old 25th July 2006, 15:47   #26
BHPian

Hey i have also heard that these Hydraulics are very heavy and not really for performance based cars.. Experts..How true is this ??
Old 20th October 2006, 14:40   #27
BANNED

exactly the topic i was looking fr....
anyways.......whats the cost of getting the whole setup done???
n if its quite expensive,then is there any other cheap alternative as well???

and my last question......how cud one lower the height of a car permanently,(without any hydraulic lift kit)??? like ppl get rides height increased,can they lower it as well.??
Old 20th October 2006, 14:45   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
exactly the topic i was looking fr....
anyways.......whats the cost of getting the whole setup done???
n if its quite expensive,then is there any other cheap alternative as well???

and my last question......how cud one lower the height of a car permanently,(without any hydraulic lift kit)??? like ppl get rides height increased,can they lower it as well.??
Hi,

you get suspension lowering kits(imported) which will help you in doing the same. There the adjustable types as well so in the event you need to increase the height at a later time its possible. I think a set of 4 sells in the 40k++ range.

Viper
Old 20th October 2006, 14:49   #29
BANNED

hey
thanx viper,that was quick.
the 40k+ u talkin about is for the regular permanent lowering or the electronic adjustable ones??
n where can i get them from if i kinda makeup my mind for that?
Old 20th October 2006, 14:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hydraulic Kits vary from $1500-$3000 in the US, so add transport and customs to that...

To lower the height permanently you'll need lowered springs (sometimes with shorter shocks) or you can go in for a complete coilover setup.

Here is a pic of a Mitsubishi Lancer coilover setup from TEIN that im putting in one of my next project lancers, it offers upto 3 inches of lowering. Basically i can make my fender come down to the weel edge! It takes about 10 minutes to manually lower or raise all four shocks.

Arush

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks