Team-BHP - Esteem performance Problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Esteem performance Problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14334-esteem-performance-problem.html)

hi guys ,
i just had my new esteem mpfi(done 500Kms only) LXi fitted with automechs free flow system (5zigen muffler from N-1) along with stock K&N filters and NGK Iridium plugs.
While coming from mumbai back to nashik i realised the car performance had degraded considerably till it reached nashik.
i think its bcz of the plugs?
getting it changed to original tomorrow and aganin gng for a test run.

please advice as to what may have gone wrong. Headers or mufflers or plugs or k&N filter...

Is the muffler in the free flow system responsible for the power or just the sound effect.

please PM or reply ASAP.

as the car is new the automech guys suggested that the free flow system will give performance after it has done 2000kms or so....
i am not blaming anyone! i am happy with the Automech work...
Jst why has the performance gone down....
please:
regards vikram

say bye bye to warranty. you could haev waited till the run-in was done atleast:(

What do you mean by degrade in performace? In pickup/acceleration ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
say bye bye to warranty. you could haev waited till the run-in was done atleast:(

What do you mean by degrade in performace? In pickup/acceleration ???

the pick up of the car is not upto the mark!

as i said the pick up was fine when i left mumbai... as i reached nashik it decreased!

is muffler responsible for power or mainly sound!
i am not worried abt the cars warranty!

Firstly, i can see that the engine has hardly clocked any kms .. If u did tend to push the engine during the run there are all possibilites of the engine straining out .. I remember once it happened to my baleno after track day .. Just give it a good days rest , get her some good fuel from a reputed bunk , reset the ECU and ul see her back in the thick of action yet again ..

As ur car is almost new , the engine needs a breather every now and then .. Take it easy on the long drives ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Firstly, i can see that the engine has hardly clocked any kms .. If u did tend to push the engine during the run there are all possibilites of the engine straining out .. I remember once it happened to my baleno after track day .. Just give it a good days rest , get her some good fuel from a reputed bunk , reset the ECU and ul see her back in the thick of action yet again ..

As ur car is almost new , the engine needs a breather every now and then .. Take it easy on the long drives ..

thats very true.
so what do you suggest should i replace the NGK plugs with stock ones and K&N filter also or remove the free flow?or just drive the car for around 1000Kms more...
does muffler improve performance?

I think that u should have waited for ATLEAST the run in period to get over before getting into the modifications part.A properly run in engine will give u years of maitaince free working and good fe too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viky_s
hi guys ,
i just had my new esteem mpfi(done 500Kms only) LXi fitted with automechs free flow system (5zigen muffler from N-1) along with stock K&N filters and NGK Iridium plugs.
While coming from mumbai back to nashik i realised the car performance had degraded considerably till it reached nashik.
i think its bcz of the plugs?
getting it changed to original tomorrow and aganin gng for a test run.

please advice as to what may have gone wrong. Headers or mufflers or plugs or k&N filter...

Is the muffler in the free flow system responsible for the power or just the sound effect.

please PM or reply ASAP.

as the car is new the automech guys suggested that the free flow system will give performance after it has done 2000kms or so....
i am not blaming anyone! i am happy with the Automech work...
Jst why has the performance gone down....
please:
regards vikram

Hi,

Reset your ECM and then tell us if your problem is solved. No need to change anything. As far as the Automech telling you that the free flow will perform only after 2000kms is a load of bull. Cannot really comment on anything else till I see the car in person. Give me a buzz if you want me to check the car out for you. I know Maruti's/Suzuki's inside out.

Viper

Viper

are you sure that fuel used in car was not adulterated?!

refill it fully again from some good pump and then check it once again before going for anything big!

Just reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 15mins. Also please let your engine run in a bit, dont push it too much for the first 1000 kms and you will be fine.

thnx viper and psycho,
i have changed my sprk plugs from NGK to stock as well as K&N filter to stock; the car has returned to its original performance (Thank GOD!!). Free flow has added some power but not what i had expected. Automech and N-1 have agreed to replace the muffler (as it emitts a buzzing sound inside the car )and also the NGK plugs.
Now should i go install the k&N stock replacement filter Yes/NO?
Does K&N stock filter deceases the low end torque?
I really appreciate the service of Automech and N-1 as they are delivering me the parts at Nashik and are also ready for refund!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by viky_s
thnx viper and psycho,
i have changed my sprk plugs from NGK to stock as well as K&N filter to stock; the car has returned to its original performance (Thank GOD!!). Free flow has added some power but not what i had expected. Automech and N-1 have agreed to replace the muffler (as it emitts a buzzing sound inside the car )and also the NGK plugs.
Now should i go install the k&N stock replacement filter Yes/NO?
Does K&N stock filter deceases the low end torque?
I really appreciate the service of Automech and N-1 as they are delivering me the parts at Nashik and are also ready for refund!!!

Hey,
Glad to know you got your problem sorted out. As far as K&N is concerned I would recommend the conical only.

Viper

hi guys,
after getting the new muffler from automech , the car is performing grt!
the free flow really kicks in after 2500rpm. the exhaust sound is pure music after 3000r.pm.
going to get the conical filter shortly!!!

vikram

good to hear that your car is back to normal....if you are opting for a k&n filter,go for the conical universal filter since warranty is not an issue anymore.but still wonder why u did all these mods so soon.the car has hardly done 500kms.

hi hellspawn,
got the conical k&n filter.
Installed it myself using a simple extension pipe.
car is performing great know. the performance has improved!
car has now clocked over 1500kms!.
hey will the OCW iridium plugs improve performance(low end torque).
planning to install a external rev gauge!

thnx viper,
took ur suggestion and installed the conical filter . it really helps!