Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 17:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Bilstein B6 shock absorbers for Vento TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
As for the lowering springs, buy it only if you need a lowered stance. VW sells the OEM lowering springs from Eibach. Depending on the car’s front axle load, you have 3 different sets you can purchase. For the 105 hp TDI, the front axle load is 940 kg.

Attachment 1441302
(Source: VW)

And the relevant part number is 6R0071677B as per Partsbase (link).

Amazon France has the kit for 245 Euros (17k INR) shipped to India inclusive of customs duties. Sweet deal IMO.

Attachment 1441331

Hi Gannu,

Do the Indian Polos also ride at the same height compared to EU polos?
The coil springs for the 'sport chassis' says 25mm lowering. I would imagine that to be 25mm lowering from the standard european spec of the Polos. My querry is since some of the Skoda models sold in India were with standard rough road package which equated to 25mm extra GC over the euro spec counterparts. This meant buying a 10mm lowering spring from a euro vendor actually meant 35mm drop for those Indian Skoda cars (Laura,Superb etc). Thus if Indian & Euro versions of the Polo are not riding at the same height, we are looking at more than 25mm drop in GC with these springs. I am tempted to sourcing these springs along with set of B6s and if you have some inputs, it would be quite helpful

- Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:28   #32
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
Guys,

Hence I have searched online and found out below Bilstein part numbers based on Euro spec Vento TDI - POLO (6R, 6C):

Front: 35-168560, BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
Rear : 24-067898, BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT

Please let me know whether the above part numbers are correct.
I am planning to buy Bilstein B6 for my Polo 1.5 GT TDi from ebay, Germany. Does Bilstein has different shocks for various Polo models or do they have the same B6 for all Polo models? Shall I order Bilstein B6 with the same part number?

Last edited by anb : 12th July 2016 at 10:29.
Old 19th July 2016, 18:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I am planning to buy Bilstein B6 for my Polo 1.5 GT TDi from ebay, Germany. Does Bilstein has different shocks for various Polo models or do they have the same B6 for all Polo models? Shall I order Bilstein B6 with the same part number?
B14 coil overs from eBay UK seller are better and cheaper. Buy those instead.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bilstein-B...NdCv#vi-ilComp
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 19:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
For Polo, Bilstein lists the same part number for their B6 dampers (both front and rear), irrespective of engine size, 3 door / 5 door models etc (Except for the Polo GTI ). This was the case prior to 1.5 TDI launch and I would presume it still is the same. However the springs are different between the variants based on axle load, ground clearance required etc.

Also do note that our cars ride on a higher stock ground clearance (thus longer springs) than the Euro versions. Bilstein B6 is originally intended for the shorter Euro springs. It would be wise to pick up stock springs of the Euro spec car (do take axle weight requirements into consideration) to use along with the B6s.
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 10:42   #35
BHPian

Re: Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
I'm thinking of fitting the B6 in Polo GT TSI instead of Vento TDI(1.6) as I'm driving my Polo GT more than my Vento.

- Prabhu
Did you fit the B6 on your GT? I was looking for an online source for B6. Pete's is now charging 78K for B6 which looks like pretty steep.
Old 26th November 2016, 02:04   #36
BHPian

Hi any review on the eibach springs?
I am planning to install them on my Fiesta 1.6.
I am confused between them and H&R.

Thank you.
Old 29th November 2016, 14:53   #37
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

Need help in buying and deciding the correct part number of the front and rear shock absorbers for my SKODA LAURA 1.9PD 2008 model.
I do not want to lower the GC of my car. After doing some search in the internet i have these two following part numbers for front rear shocks

1> FRONT - https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/co...ucts/35-113751

2> REAR - https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/co...ucts/24-172936

3> Little cheaper here - http://www.ebay.de/

Need your suggestion in purchasing these and are they compatible with my Skoda Laura? Anything else that needs to be bought with this for the upgradation?

Thanks,
MAdhusudan
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:50   #38
BHPian

Hello all. I have been looking for new rear shock absorbers for my polo and since vw or any other parts store can not find me the German made ones that came fitted on my car from the factory I have decided to go aftermarket. A shop in Mumbai claims to have authentic bilstein B4 shocks for 8500rs and claims they are the official bilstein dealer for non perfomance oriented shocks. Are bilstein B4 shocks really this cheap? Or could these be non genuine duplicate parts? I will be going to see the shock absorbers myself tomorrow is there any thing I should look out for in particular?
Old 2nd April 2017, 15:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hello all. I have been looking for new rear shock absorbers for my polo and since vw or any other parts store can not find me the German made ones that came fitted on my car from the factory I have decided to go aftermarket. A shop in Mumbai claims to have authentic bilstein B4 shocks for 8500rs and claims they are the official bilstein dealer for non perfomance oriented shocks. Are bilstein B4 shocks really this cheap? Or could these be non genuine duplicate parts? I will be going to see the shock absorbers myself tomorrow is there any thing I should look out for in particular?
Hello Ferrariwell, a good decision to go for aftermarket shocks. Bilstein has several versions of shocks, B4 is the closest to OEM specs but sportier. They aren't very expensive, these are rates from a U.K. website.

http://bilstein.suspensiondirect.co....6R-1.6_TDi.jsp

I am not sure how to make sure if they are genuine or not, when you are buying from a dealer you are pretty much trusting him to give you an authentic product.
As you are changing the rear I will recommend changing front shocks as well to ensure you notice the improvement.

B6, B8 and B14 are expensive and provide a firmer ride. B8 and B14 would need lowered springs as well.
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 13:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how to make sure if they are genuine or not, when you are buying from a dealer you are pretty much trusting him to give you an authentic product.
As you are changing the rear I will recommend changing front shocks as well to ensure you notice the improvement.

B6, B8 and B14 are expensive and provide a firmer ride. B8 and B14 would need lowered springs as well.
I just inquired with Shetty Motor Stores at Opera House he quoted me 7900 for the set of 2 B4s for rear and 22000 for a set of B6s. Makes me wonder if these are original parts! Also are B4's good enough? Obviously looking to restore some of the car's original ride quality.

Last edited by Annibaddh : 5th May 2017 at 13:56. Reason: Error in quoting
Old 6th May 2017, 09:02   #41
BHPian

I enquired from deamon tweeks UK about the Bilstein 4x B6 Full Kit Car Dampers Shock Absorbers 35-16856024-067898 for my 2015 polo gt Tsi 1.2.
Got a quote with UPS shipping £327=Rs27000 approx. With the 42 % duty this works out to almost Rs 37500.
Searching for cheaper prices from other vendors. Any leads?
Old 6th May 2017, 10:05   #42
BHPian

Hi all,
I am very keen on the B12 Pro kit which comes with Eibach lowering springs with matched b8 dampers. I am told that this is the best way forward to have a lowered ride with good handling and retain reasonably comfortable ride quality as well. The coilovers on the other hand are said to ride very hard even at their softest setup. Don't know how true the above is. Would love to hear your views on the same.

Cheers
Old 6th May 2017, 17:52   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hi all,
I am very keen on the B12 Pro kit which comes with Eibach lowering springs with matched b8 dampers. I am told that this is the best way forward to have a lowered ride with good handling and retain reasonably comfortable ride quality as well. The coilovers on the other hand are said to ride very hard even at their softest setup. Don't know how true the above is. Would love to hear your views on the same.

Cheers
Depends on which coilovers you choose. The KW street comfort has a fantastic balance between stiffness and comfort.

I feel the street comfort coilovers are not very stiff. Except for speed breakers and very deep pits (the ones they dig across the road for water pipes), where I have to slow down to a crawl, I feel that they are more comfortable than the stock suspensions.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 00:40   #44
VFM

Hi Gannu and Others,

Can anyone help me locate the right part number for Bilstein B6 for Skoda Laura (2012-2.0TDI). Website links for the products will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 03:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hi all,

Cheers
Hi Prince,

Just noticed your post today, I've been busy for the past year and not able to keep up with the rapid posts here on team bhp.

I've been using the Bilstein B12 Pro Kit on my Polo GT TSI for the past 9 months and its been a wonderful experience, just love the kit! The lowering is perfect and its really comfortable on good tarmac and things do get a bit harsh on bad patches as the ride is stiff (overall not anywhere as comfortable as the KW Street Comfort) but when it comes to the handling department, the B12 Pro Kit has been the best setup I've driven on a Polo by far. Coupling the B12 Pro Kit with the Whiteline 3-Point adjustable rear sway bar and its magical, the car is literally on rails - true gokart like handling!

Why I picked the B12 over the coilovers is basically as it is a "fit it and forget it" setup and you got nothing to adjust and don't have bother trying to get the perfect setup like in the case of coilovers.

If you want that perfect balance between handling and good comfort - the KW Street Comfort should be your pick, else for a good improvement in handling keeping stock ride height and comfort - the Bilstein B6. The Bilstein B12 and B14 are more on the stiffer side and the B12's got no adjustments while the B14's only got ride height adjustment.

Here's my Polo with the B12 Pro Kit:

Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-fullsizeoutput_25f9.jpeg
Name:  Image1.png
Views: 6381
Size:  1.30 MB
Philip.Mathew is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed