Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 22:44   #46
blr
BHPian

Re: Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
I enquired from deamon tweeks UK about the Bilstein 4x B6 Full Kit Car Dampers Shock Absorbers 35-16856024-067898 for my 2015 polo gt Tsi 1.2.
Got a quote with UPS shipping £327=Rs27000 approx. With the 42 % duty this works out to almost Rs 37500.
Searching for cheaper prices from other vendors. Any leads?
Hi,

Did you buy these yet? Managed to get a better price or got them from the same vendor?

Thanks!

blr
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired from deamon tweeks UK about the Bilstein 4x B6 Full Kit Car Dampers Shock Absorbers 35-16856024-067898 for my 2015 polo gt Tsi 1.2.
Got a quote with UPS shipping £327=Rs27000 approx. With the 42 % duty this works out to almost Rs 37500.
Searching for cheaper prices from other vendors. Any leads?
Hi Happy,

Were you able to find cheaper prices anywhere? Can you send the link for the quote you did find? I'm headed to Germany in May and might as well carry the kit back on return.

Thanks!
Old 2nd March 2018, 20:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Hi Happy,

Were you able to find cheaper prices anywhere? Can you send the link for the quote you did find? I'm headed to Germany in May and might as well carry the kit back on return.

Thanks!

TDC automotive UK have the best rates. Unfortunately they will receive stock only in April.
Bhpian blr had suggested https://www.fahrwerke-stossdaempfer.de/en/index.php
They are based in Germany.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 00:01   #49
BHPian

I am looking to get Blistein B6 for Polo Tsi. Let me if anyone wants to order as we can combine orders and should get a better price. Those interested please PM me.
Old 4th May 2018, 23:29   #50
BHPian

Finally, after patiently waiting and regular follow up for almost 1.5 yrs, got a mail from Tdc Automotive UK that the Bilstein B6 is back in stock.

Placed my order which was delivered by FedEx in 5 days.
Cost £365 + £120(FedEx)
Custom duty was extra, paid on delivery.

Yesterday got it installed at The Mechanix, Pune. Installation was fairly straightforward with both the partners (one is a bhpian) supervising the job.

End result, is that ride quality and handling vastly improved. What a great difference from the stock suspensions.
In City traffic the car feels much better, especially over rough tarmac and speed breakers.
Worthy upgrade.
Waiting to go for a highway drive.
Few pictures of the installation.

Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1525456354.609436.jpg
Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1525456417.585089.jpg
Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1525456438.036740.jpg
Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1525456465.488978.jpg
Happysmiles is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 00:00   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, after patiently waiting and regular follow up for almost 1.5 yrs, got a mail from Tdc Automotive UK that the Bilstein B6 is back in stock.

Cost £365 + £120(FedEx)
Hi, could you please share some details on why B6 was selected and also please share the part number or how it has to be ordered. Any link will be great plus whom to contact, etc. Also why TDC and is there any good buying option in USA, as my friend is coming from USA, so that I can save on customs and transportation costs? You can PM me the details if its not allowed to share details here. Also should we buy any accessories along with it?

Last edited by petrol_power : 7th June 2018 at 00:10.
Old 8th June 2018, 07:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, could you please share some details on why B6 was selected and also please share the part number or how it has to be ordered. Any link will be great plus whom to contact, etc. Also why TDC and is there any good buying option in USA, as my friend is coming from USA, so that I can save on customs and transportation costs? You can PM me the details if its not allowed to share details here. Also should we buy any accessories along with it?

The B6 is a great upgrade from the stock.
General Handling and Cornering greatly improved. Bounce on potholed roads more controlled than OEM. The car does not Squat during hard accelerating.

Stock springs were retained with the B6, so comfort was not compromised.

TDC automotive UK, was my choice since couple of Bhpians had previously ordered from them. Moreover, great communication and fast shipping by the seller.
The package which came by FedEx was 12 kg.
You need to communicate the VIN number with the seller for the B6.
The part number is-
Bilstein 4x B6 Full Kit Car Dampers Shock Absorbers 35-168560 24-067898.
No accessories need to be ordered.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 07:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The part number is-
Bilstein 4x B6 Full Kit Car Dampers Shock Absorbers 35-168560 24-067898.
No accessories need to be ordered.

I contacted TDC automotive regarding bilstein for Vento/Rapid TDI.For the rear, they have recommended me to buy part number 24-231312.

However, as per the information provided here, the rear part number is
24-067898 with original polo rear springs.

Please advise.

[COLOR=#1f497d][/COLOR]
Old 11th March 2019, 08:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I contacted TDC automotive regarding bilstein for Vento/Rapid TDI.For the rear, they have recommended me to buy part number 24-231312.

However, as per the information provided here, the rear part number is
24-067898 with original polo rear springs.

Please advise.

If you have provided the VIN number of your car, TDC will suggest the correct part number.
Please reconfirm.
Old 11th March 2019, 08:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
If you have provided the VIN number of your car, TDC will suggest the correct part number.
Please reconfirm.
Yeah, I shared the VIN number. Here is the response(from multiple emails) from TDC automotive:

Since we last spoke I have looked into this further. The front shock absorbers are the same for the Polo 6R, Vento and Skoda Rapid however the rear shock absorbers are different for the Vento and Rapid.

The 24-231312 will work with the original Vento springs, we can sell you the Polo rears if you prefer however the Polo springs will need to be used and they are not the correct spring rate for the slightly heavier rear on the Vento.
Old 11th March 2019, 08:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Yeah, I shared the VIN number. Here is the response(from multiple emails) from TDC automotive:

Since we last spoke I have looked into this further. The front shock absorbers are the same for the Polo 6R, Vento and Skoda Rapid however the rear shock absorbers are different for the Vento and Rapid.

The 24-231312 will work with the original Vento springs, we can sell you the Polo rears if you prefer however the Polo springs will need to be used and they are not the correct spring rate for the slightly heavier rear on the Vento.

TDC Automotive has great experience and will point you in the right direction.

Bilstein B6 is perfect for Indian roads. Go for it.
Old 26th October 2019, 15:40   #57
BHPian

@Happysmiles , I am planning to go with the B8 with lowering springs for my Rapid 1.6 TDi.

Could you please help me with the Bilistein part number/model number for the B8.

There are many and they confuse me a lot.

If anybody else have any information, please chip in.
Old 14th January 2020, 20:46   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Cost £365 + £120(FedEx)
Hi Happysmiles,

If you don't mind me asking, how much custom duty did you have to pay for this?

I'm in contact with Ross at TDC Automotive for the past couple of weeks regarding purchase of the B12 kit for my Laura TSI. He's quoted me approximately 700 GBP for the kit including shipping but I'm not sure how much custom would this attract.

Can you help me understand how is custom duty calculated for these parts and if there is a way to get it reduced?
Old 15th January 2020, 02:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
@Happysmiles , I am planning to go with the B8 with lowering springs for my Rapid 1.6 TDi.

Could you please help me with the Bilistein part number/model number for the B8.

There are many and they confuse me a lot.

If anybody else have any information, please chip in.
Hi,

The Bilstein B12 pro kit comes with the B8 struts and Eibach lowering springs. This is what even I'm planning to import from the UK for my Laura TSI. Not sure if it will fit on the Rapid though. Your best bet would be to connect with Pete's or TDC Automotive (I'm in contact with them) and they can help you figure out if this kit will work for your car.

If you decide to import, please let me know and maybe we can both buy them together and try getting a better deal.

Cheers!!
TheMileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 07:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMileCruncher View Post
Hi Happysmiles,

If you don't mind me asking, how much custom duty did you have to pay for this?

I'm in contact with Ross at TDC Automotive for the past couple of weeks regarding purchase of the B12 kit for my Laura TSI. He's quoted me approximately 700 GBP for the kit including shipping but I'm not sure how much custom would this attract.

Can you help me understand how is custom duty calculated for these parts and if there is a way to get it reduced?
I have sent you a PM regarding Duty.
Also, make sure to send Ross your VIN number. He will suggest you options with the correct part number.
Happy shopping

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks