Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 22:23   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW 3 Series (F30) - Suspension Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Hey bro, I did upgrade the suspension but since I had 19" wheels plans as well I settled for something in the middle. I got the EU spec shocks and front M Sport anti roll sway bars... The result is ride height being slightly lower (around 15-17mm than standard) and a tad less body roll thanks to the new anti roll bars. Here's how the current stance looks like...
Attachment 1322162

Attachment 1322163
There's still a small wheel gap but I have a set of 19" rims coming from the US and I'll be putting in 245/40/19 square tires hence the overall diameter will be increased by about 2.86% so I'm expecting the gap to reduce further.

All the suspension parts were sourced by Navnit Motors, Mumbai. I gave them the part number and they arranged it for me. The work done by them was top notch. Let me know if you want the part numbers and the contact @ Navnit. Cheers!
Hey thanks for sharing the pics and your view on the mods, for me more than the stance I am also looking at handling, I had a e-90 earlier so I am so spoilt as I loved the handling of that car, I am unsettled the way f30 suspension operate and always keep comparing the e 90 suspension. I know many people don't like it therefore bmw took a conscious decision of making it soft.

After lot of research and study I have selected kW street comfort line full coil over kit and it will exactly give me what I am looking for. Will be ordering next week. It will take 7-21 days so I guess should be installed by 3rd or 4th week of jan. Just can't wait

Will share the pics and experience once it's done.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 00:22   #47
BHPian

Re: BMW 3 Series (F30) - Suspension Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hey thanks for sharing the pics and your view on the mods, for me more than the stance I am also looking at handling, I had a e-90 earlier so I am so spoilt as I loved the handling of that car, I am unsettled the way f30 suspension operate and always keep comparing the e 90 suspension. I know many people don't like it therefore bmw took a conscious decision of making it soft.

After lot of research and study I have selected kW street comfort line full coil over kit and it will exactly give me what I am looking for. Will be ordering next week. It will take 7-21 days so I guess should be installed by 3rd or 4th week of jan. Just can't wait

Will share the pics and experience once it's done.

Thanks
I can understand buddy! I had an E60 at home which was my daily drive until I got the F30. I love this car there's just a lot more body roll in comparison... Though a fair amount has been taken care by the M Sport anti roll bars but still its not as sharp as the E60. Would have loved a full fledged suspension upgrade like yours but low profile tires and coilovers would be a pain to maintain...

PS: Are you ordering the coilovers yourself? How much is it costing you? Would be great if you can PM me more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks