Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 15:18   #271
BHPian

re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

IIRC K2.110 does not have self priming function , K3.550 has that and i am using the same for last 7 months and absolutely satisfied ,now i can wash my scoprio twice with just around 2 bucket waters. Also all spares are available at local karcher distribution offices.
Old 19th February 2013, 16:18   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Came across this one in a marketing flyer from citibank. Any ownership experiences/opinions here ?

Black & Decker High Pressure Car Washer PW1370TD
(Price Rs.6300)
Have one from B&D and working well, close to an year now. Broke the inlet pipe once thanks to some abuse and but got that repaired from the service center. With 5 cars at home, this unit has been a life saver for us.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 17:41   #273
BHPian

Need help in choosing a pressure washer.

I will be sourcing the water from a bucket or at the most a mid sized drum (I stay in an apartment and don't want my fellow residents to think that I am wasting water).

Can I use aquatak 100 for the above purpose ? Or is it possible only with Karcher .

Has anyone here tried it before ?
Old 19th February 2013, 18:44   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post

I will be sourcing the water from a bucket or at the most a mid sized drum (I stay in an apartment and don't want my fellow residents to think that I am wasting water).

Can I use aquatak 100 for the above purpose ? Or is it possible only with Karcher .

Couple of months ago saw some pressure washers for sale in big bazaar on old madras road. Wasn't either of the two mentioned brands (can't remember what though) and it was the type that runs from a drum.

So I guess the best thing to do is check the specific model you intend go buy and verify if it can be used with a drum. Most brands should have a model with that option.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 19:55   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK the very expensive Bosch units alone can source water from a drum or a bucket.
On the other hand the Karcher 3.550 which costs 14k can easily source water from a bucket or tank. I have one, and apart from the foam lance I got all accessories with the unit.

I'm very happy with the product for the 2 months ive had it,and I recommend it to anyone looking for a Pressure washer.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 20:42   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Planning to buy a portable high pressure cleaner. I guess, it would be equally useful for the home too. Cant decide between the two:

1. Karcher K 2.110 High Pressure Cleaner (Available online for 5990/-)
2. Bosch Skil High Pressure Washer (Available online for 5879/-)

Which would be better in terms of performance and value for money?
Karcher anyday. KArcher is well built and and can take abuse. Karcher Quality is better than Bosch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Thanks everyone! As most of the people here voted for the KARCHER, i would go for the same. I think this model would be enough for a usage pattern of washing a car and a bike once in a week.

Does it come with the detergent bottle/attachment? Do I need to install a 15amp socket in the garage or a regular two pin socket would be enough? Also, it is available for Rs. 5990/- @ snapdeal. Is it the lowest price? Where can I get a better deal?
No - There is no Wash bottle with K 2.110. In fact wash/foam bottle does not come even with K3 or K5 series. You can buy a .5litre one for around 1000/- online. (Machpowertools.com). 15 amps socket is needed. It is not a 2 pin socket plug.

Quote:

Can I use aquatak 100 for the above purpose ? Or is it possible only with Karcher . Has anyone here tried it before ?
Karcher K3.550 is the only cheapest model to have water suction. Bosch Aquatak cannot suck water from Stagnant sources to the best of my knowledge.

Dont worry about Uninformed Residents. Use Pressure washer as it is more laborious to wash a car manually. Anyday, Machine finish is much better than hand finish.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 20:57   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Bosch Aquatak 100: it needs a tap. It does not function as a pump, and cannot draw its water from an open source.

I don't know what the minimum supply pressure is: if you had a big drum with a tap at the bottom it might work. Not a practical idea for portable cleaning.

It wouldn't surprise me if the pressure washer is more water-economical than keeping a hose on for the same time, but it wouldn't look that way. The jet looks impressive, but it's concentrated (but always use the fan setting, point jet is dangerous to your car) and, with the trigger (mine's broken) obviously better controlled.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 19th February 2013 at 21:00.
Old 19th February 2013, 23:15   #278
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have one from B&D and working well, close to an year now. Broke the inlet pipe once thanks to some abuse and but got that repaired from the service center.
Thanks! Do you have the model # handy ? Would also like to know how much it cost.
I'm still confused if I should buy one and which one - Black&Decker / Karcher / Bosch, there are so many different models
Quote:
With 5 cars at home, this unit has been a life saver for us.
How do you manage parking space ?
Old 20th February 2013, 09:47   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Couple of months ago saw some pressure washers for sale in big bazaar on old madras road. Wasn't either of the two mentioned brands (can't remember what though) and it was the type that runs from a drum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I'm very happy with the product for the 2 months ive had it,and I recommend it to anyone looking for a Pressure washer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Karcher anyday. KArcher is well built and and can take abuse. Karcher Quality is better than Bosch.

Thanks a lot for your feedback , I think I will buy karcher . 14k is a bit expensive for me . Will check out the prices at metro shortly . I heard that both bosch and karcher are available at a very low price in metro .
Old 20th February 2013, 10:36   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks! Do you have the model # handy ? Would also like to know how much it cost.
I'm still confused if I should buy one and which one - Black&Decker / Karcher / Bosch, there are so many different models

How do you manage parking space ?
All the details you need here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2718857 Though i dont remember the exact model number.

Parking! Have a long drive way that runs on the side of the house, which fits 4, one stays on road in front of the gate.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 11:55   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please help me with the below info. Let me try an idea. Which floor of the apartment are you living in? If it is a reasonable floor (upto say 3 floors) & you are living with Parents/spouse/friends (assuming not living alone), you can buy a hose pipe that connects your kitchen tap of your apartment and the inlet to the Pressure washer on the ground floor. When done, call the person who is inside the house and request them to turn off the tap.

I might move to a rented apartment soon(renovating my house) and was planing to do this when i buy a pressure washer.
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your feedback , I think I will buy karcher . 14k is a bit expensive for me . Will check out the prices at metro shortly . I heard that both bosch and karcher are available at a very low price in metro .
BHPian RM_Arjuna has purchased K3.550 for 12K at Hyderbad Metro(couple of pages before). Snapdeal sells at 14K incl shipping as of today, so Metro Prices will be 12K or lesser.

RM Arjuna's Post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2905214

If money is a constraint, I would suggest to buy K2 Series for 5.5K online (Not sure about Metro Price) and buy a hose from your kitchen to the Unit as suggested above. The Best Quality Hose + coupler should cost you 1000/- Max at the nearest hardware/plumbing store.

- If you happen to go to Bangalore Metro, Please check the current price of K3.550 and let me know. I am in Chennai and have a friend in Bangalore with a Metro Card. If the price difference is substantial, I will buy from Bangalore Metro, else order online at Snapdeal.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 20th February 2013 at 11:59. Reason: added arjuna's buying experience post
Old 20th February 2013, 12:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Please help me with the below info.

- If you happen to go to Bangalore Metro, Please check the current .
I stay on the 4th floor . I think I will be visiting metro this week end . As far as the pipe and power supply arrangement , I was thinking something on the same lines. But its difficult to keep such a long pipe since it weighs a lot and takes a lot of space. The best thing would be to do is source water from a bucket.

Will let you know the metro price by this sunday. As far as I remember , aquatak 10 was around 5.5 k and aquatak 100 was around 7.5k . Don't remember Karcher prices though
girimajiananth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 12:06   #283
Senior - BHPian

I purchased the Karcher 3.550 from Bangalore metro at 13k in December. Seeing that the prices have been revised now,I expect it to be priced close to 12k now.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 01:37   #284
BHPian

Hi,

Could someone who has bought Karcher 3.550 in Bangalore recently (2013) share the price. I believe its cheaper in Metro cash&carry (Bangalore).

Is it possible to source power from car (battery or alternator) for people like me living in apartments.

Regards.
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:47   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Could someone who has bought Karcher 3.550 in Bangalore recently (2013) share the price. I believe its cheaper in Metro cash&carry (Bangalore).

Is it possible to source power from car (battery or alternator) for people like me living in apartments.

Regards.
I have this and don't think car battery can handle the need. Get an extension cord for 15A plug.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks