Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
The problems we faced were leakage and pressure drops and failure of rubber parts. This was within a year of use.
What was your frequency of use ?? Bosch Aquatek 100 is a domestic use product and not reccomended for continuous running of more than 15 odd mins. I know of some people who bought it as an cheap alternate to commercial washers and ended up having problems that you faced.

For others I would rate the product as a good quality reliable machine which is very very good at it's job. Have been using one for over a year now,excellent machine.
Old 24th August 2009, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Love to have one of these from Bosch but 10 grand! The ones which Peter posted seems to be much more affordable.
Its not 10 grand. The Kolkata retailer is offering one for 7K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Metro in Bangalore is selling Black & Decker. You can have a live demo too... i have seen in kanakpura road Metro
Can you tell me what the B&D model is called? They're after all a reputed brand, and I'd like a bit of feature comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I'm planning on buying this machine in a few weeks and any inputs will be of great help.
Good good. maybe I should wait for a few more weeks and take your initial observations into record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
I have been using the Bosch Aquatek 100 for the last few months. I bought it in Bangalore Metro for about 6K. Usage is about 1-2 times weekly and I have had no issues with it so far. Only thing one needs to make sure is that you have sufficient pressure and continuous flow from your tap source. Also make sure the piping into the machine is firmly clamped and having a flexible piping helps.

Its good for getting out the dirt/muck however you will still need a wipe for a clean finish.On my washes, I initially rinse the car with the aquatak pressure wash, then use the shampoo attachment to spray the shampoo, wipe the car with a soft moist cloth, finally rinse the shampoo off with a final pressure wash. The pressure it generates is good enough to clean off any dirt/muck.

With the aquatek pressure wash , I use less water compared to regular washing. With 3 cars in our household, I feel it was worth the 6K I paid for it.
Thank you, an excellent review. I too have 2 cars and a bike, so will be able to put the machine to good use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I have been using the Aquatak for the last 6 months or so. Always works perfect.

The pressure is enough to get rid of all the dried mud, but does not harm the car...
Lovely. Can we meet up, so I can get a demo of the machine live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
What was your frequency of use ?? Bosch Aquatek 100 is a domestic use product and not reccomended for continuous running of more than 15 odd mins. I know of some people who bought it as an cheap alternate to commercial washers and ended up having problems that you faced.

For others I would rate the product as a good quality reliable machine which is very very good at it's job. Have been using one for over a year now,excellent machine.
15 odd mins? What if one needs to wash multiple cars in one day? Mine sure wont see commercial use, but 3 automobiles in a day can be hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
If u dont need to carry the pressure washer any where and need to wash at home only u can take a connection from your shower pressure booster with a thinner pipe and a good hose and u can get decent pressure. apart from that as suggested by others you can use a connection from your regular monoblock pumps with proper pipeline and a good hose to wash your car. the options are inexpensive and useful for other applications as well.
I'm aware of this. But the pressure from an ingenious device is not strong enough to wash off dried muck. Also I'm looking for portability.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2009, 15:25   #33
BHPian

Hey guys,
just a question,
do these pressure washing units have water storage capabilities?
or do i have to connect the unit via a LONG hose to a tap somewhere accessible?

There is a water outlet where my car is parked, but its like 20 - 30 meters away.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:27   #34
srinivas9446

Hi predator,

THE Black & decker have three models, which has different pressure ratings starting from 100 bar to 130 bar, the rates too varies with the models.

The other probelm with Black & Decker is that , they offer only one attachments with the 100 bar model and just 2 attachments with the 130 bar model.

I checked with BOSCH, the kit comes with 3 attachments. The most interesting attachment being the MUDGUARD CLEANER ATTACHMENT.

Since we have two cars, couple of two wheelers and my children cycles, i have bought it.

I am really impressed with kit and very impressed with the MUDGUARD cleaning attachment, the pressure in this really nice.

i would have bought the B & D, since the quality of finish is very nice & the noise is low compared to BOSCH, but opted for BOSCH since it is also a well known company and also has 3 attachments, most important being the MUDGUARD cleaning attachment.

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 31st August 2009 at 11:31.

Old 31st August 2009, 11:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Hey guys,
just a question,
do these pressure washing units have water storage capabilities?
or do i have to connect the unit via a LONG hose to a tap somewhere accessible?

There is a water outlet where my car is parked, but its like 20 - 30 meters away.
Hi, the Aquatak does have water storage capability, thats what gives it portability. Check the brochure I've posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Hi predator,

THE Black & decker have three models, which has different pressure ratings starting from 100 bar to 130 bar, the rates too varies with the models.

The other probelm with Black & Decker is that , they offer only one attachments with the 100 bar model and just 2 attachments with the 130 bar model.

I checked with BOSCH, the kit comes with 3 attachments. The most interesting attachment being the MUDGUARD CLEANER ATTACHMENT.

Since we have two cars, couple of two wheelers and my children cycles, i have bought it.

I am really impressed with kit and very impressed with the MUDGUARD cleaning attachment, the pressure in this really nice.

i would have bought the B & D, since the quality of finish is very nice & the noise is low compared to BOSCH, but opted for BOSCH since it is also a well known company and also has 3 attachments, most important being the MUDGUARD cleaning attachment.
Hi Srini, good comparo, thank you so much. I'm not bothered about noise levels in particular, and the Bosch unit does have good build quality. So will probably go for the Aquatak.

@gpa - Dude, any reviews of your new aquatak?
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 16:23   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I have seen the Karcher in Europe. It's awesome, can be used to clean your car, your patio, etc. I too wanted to buy one in India, where can one get it here?
I have a Karcher which I bought in the UK in 1990. Still going strong. Only you must change the oil say once every three - four years. They say annually, but then .... Karcher are there in India, but seem to be mostly in the commercial segment. Seem asvts in ACI.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:13   #37
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
We have found the Bosch Aquatek unreliable and prone to breakdowns in our use. This is probably the only Bosch product that I will not recommend.

hi,

what are the breakdowns ? would you mind mentioning in detail....i have bought an Aquatek, want to be prepared , just in case.

Old 31st August 2009, 20:26   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The only trouble I have had so far is the trigger is jammed, so I have to use the on/off switch to stop it.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hi, the Aquatak does have water storage capability.
Mine does not ...

Demo? Anytime!
Old 31st August 2009, 23:57   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Mine does not either.

One could always fill up one of those black water tanks and put it on top of the car!
Old 1st September 2009, 04:06   #41
BHPian

quote=Thad E Ginathom;1459526]The only trouble I have had so far is the trigger is jammed, so I have to use the on/off switch to stop it.[/quote]

You may have a trigger lock.( I do have a lock on my unit)

Have seen a demo of the pressure washer below foodworld in Sanjaynagar, Bangalore. I have a small K-Archer unit since last 3 years. No storage tank. Have to connect to a water line. I found that its better to have a positive head on the water inlet for trouble free working. Also needs to clean the inlet filter often. Can suck soap/detergent solution only for normal washing (Lance removed.)

Last edited by sudharma : 1st September 2009 at 04:08. Reason: Additional info added.[
Old 1st September 2009, 07:59   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
Can suck soap/detergent solution only for normal washing (Lance removed.)
I have no problems like that. Remember the lance has two settings : High pressure for washing, and Low pressure for detergent. You switch by rotating the front end of the lance.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:50   #43
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Love to have one of these from Bosch but 10 grand! The ones which Peter posted seems to be much more affordable.
Hi Jaggu,

I did make a comparison with the peter, bosch and the black & decker.

Bosch turned out to be the best among the three though expensive.

I see that the pressure ratings of the peter and black & decker is low....though black offers a high pressure rating at higher end models , which is again expensive.

Many other features in BOSCH is better than the other two.

Peter does not offer the attachments like BOSCH.

I checked with the after sales service, they have service centres all over Bangalore.

I paid Rs.6499/- at kanakpura road METRO.The BOSCH sales guy there said that once in while they give special offer of Rs.6000/-.

My friend had bought this at Rs.6135/- at OASIS mall.

Old 1st September 2009, 12:37   #44
BANNED

Slightly off topic.

Anyone aware of Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaners in India? Also their prices?
Old 1st September 2009, 12:42   #45
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I have the Black & Decker rated for 130 bar. It works fantastic. Accidentally I used the focused pressure on a Alto rim and it blasted the paint off. It works brilliantly to clear all the muck off my Jeep following a offroad trip. Also the pressure is high enough to actually turn a dirty tyre wall black as it seems to blast out all the muck. I paid only Rs 8000 for the washer and would highly recommend to anyone. The Bosch at 20+ is a waste of money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks