Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 11:07   #796
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I don't think we have a Metro store in Mumbai. The only Metro I do know of is a shoe store in Bandra.

I already ordered it for 19.5k with an additional 1800 for the foam lance. It should be reaching my address in a couple hours. I'll test it out as soon as it comes. I'm hoping the extra bucks is well worth it.

I also wanted to ask about the induction motor. The dealer mentioned that the induction motor's longevity would be hurt if I use it to pull water from a stagnant source like a bucket too much. He said using the tap is best and I should stick to it as much as possible. Have you used yours to pull water from a stagnant source like a drum or a bucket or do you always stick to a tap too?

I went for the K3.550 over the K2.110 mainly because of the fact that it can pull water from a bucket. Any clarification on this would be much appreciated!
I've not used the Water pulling feature yet but will try it in the coming months, preferably before rainy season when the temp is not so high.. I will try it with my overhead tank cleaning & then only can answer this..

Also any motor pulling water will have little less life than if its fed, less friction & all but no way to seriously determine this..

I am sure you would be satisfied by the quality & robustness of Karcher.. Though only gripe is the plastic wheels, Quite noisy when pulling the machine & feels flimsy..
Old 9th May 2015, 11:10   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I don't think we have a Metro store in Mumbai. The only Metro I do know of is a shoe store in Bandra.
We have two METRO stores in Mumbai - One at Borivali on W.E Highway and the other at Bhandup on LBS Road.
Old 11th May 2015, 14:06   #798
BHPian

Resqtech Portable Rechargeable 28 L Electric Car Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I bought it online from their website- www.resqtech.in
I bought this product.

Brand: Resqtech is an Indian company marketing portable car wash products manufactured by CBS, which I gather is a Chinese company. There are Chinese characters on the parts.

Shipping: I bought the product from the seller's website www.resqtech.in. They sent it in a carboard box without a shred of a thermocol! I received the bucket in a broken condition - it came with a large crack on a side. Luckily, it was replaced quickly when I contacted. I lost some money in returning the broken unit though.

Build quality:

The build quality is good enough. The plastic body of the bucket looks durable enough, but certainly don't get carried away by the advert video and try standing on it! The hose pipe is also a sturdy one, one that won't coil up or kink easily. The other attachments - esp. the pistol spray - look rather solid.

Function:
  • Water pressure: The pressure of the water jet is adequate. I could wash off the mud sitting on the lower panels on either side in seconds.
  • Noise: The noise of the pump is quite low.
  • Automatic: On turning the unit on, the pump is ready for action but not operational yet. It automatically becomes operational every time I press the trigger (of pistol spray or water release trigger), and stops when I release it. Tip: don't keep the unit turned on when not using for a prolonged time.

Components:
  • Bucket: The bucket holds 28 L of water, with volume markings in L on the inside.
  • Hose: The hose is long enough to complete a full circle around my Alto K10. It has to be fitted to the outlet of the bucket with pressure until you hear a click. Then there is a washer to be tightened. I have decided to keep it permanently fitted to the bucket so that the locking mechanism holds good in the long run.
  • Spray pistol: This pistol spray is fitted to the hose. The power of the jet can be varied with pressure on the trigger. A gentle press will result in a fine mist spray. On pressing the trigger fully, I get a powerful jet which is great to wash the tyres.
  • Water release with trigger assembly: One end to be fitted to the hose. The other end connects the white brush assembly or the gardening nozzle.
  • White brush with black assembly: This is a brush with soft bristles. Used for brushing the car e.g. when rinsing off shampoo from the car.
  • White cleaning brush: This is an extra white brush provided. You can take the old one out from the black assembly and replace with this one.
  • Gardening nozzle: Great to water plants in the garden.
  • Micro fiber cloth
  • Washer (green): A spare washer. Goes inside the water release trigger assembly.
  • Coin: This is supposed to be helpful if the water doesn't come out properly from the white brush assembly.
  • Electric charger: This charges the battery. The red indicator light on the charger turns green once the battery has been fully charged.
  • 12 V charging cable: This cable powers the unit tapping into the car battery. I am not using it.

My method:
  1. Wash the tyres and other areas with heavy dirt with a strong jet.
  2. Wash the car with a fine mist spray to get loose dirt off.
  3. Use two-bucket system to shampoo the car with a wash mitt.
  4. Wash off the shampoo with the white cleaning brush.
  5. Towel dry.

Verdict: Somewhat overpriced. Otherwise a very good car wash device to own. Bad packaging during shipping is a downer. Availability of spare parts online is a plus. Cash on delivery is a win.
wishnipon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 21:11   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This would be wonderful except that I need 3/4-inch hose connector, and these are half-inch.
This should work.. Now available..

http://www.amazon.in/Vertex-VXG-HC12...VV2A1MRPEFJG4C
Old 4th July 2015, 10:50   #800

FYI!!! Karcher K3.500 is available today on Amazon for Rs 17,450/-
Old 4th July 2015, 12:54   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJoe View Post
FYI!!! Karcher K3.500 is available today on Amazon for Rs 17,450/-
Same available on PayTM for 13,499 after cashback

https://paytm.com/shop/p/karcher-k-3...L_YELLOW&BLACK
Old 4th July 2015, 13:18   #802
Senior - BHPian

can someone explain to me what Air conditioned pressure washer mean?

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-acpw.png
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 19:08   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
can someone explain to me what Air conditioned pressure washer mean?

It should probably read air cooled.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 21:07   #804
BHPian

Got the Black and Decker PW1300C for Rs. 8300 from ToolMax in Pune. After having read every post in this thread, and going back and forth between B & D, Bosch and Karcher finally zeroed in on B & D. Jaggu's review and my friend's recommendation (he does professional water proofing jobs for many developers in pune) nailed it!! Have just tried it in the home for now and its just amazing. I think washing the car is probably the most basic work for this machine. Will try it out on my Harley and the car tomorrow.

Last edited by raghuvir : 6th July 2015 at 21:07. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Old 7th July 2015, 10:35   #805
BHPian

Just ordered a Bosch AQT 45-14X, should get it in a day or two, will update my feedback
Old 7th July 2015, 11:19   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Got the Black and Decker PW1300C for Rs. 8300 from ToolMax in Pune. After having read every post in this thread, and going back and forth between B & D, Bosch and Karcher finally zeroed in on B & D. Jaggu's review and my friend's recommendation (he does professional water proofing jobs for many developers in pune) nailed it!! Have just tried it in the home for now and its just amazing. I think washing the car is probably the most basic work for this machine. Will try it out on my Harley and the car tomorrow.
Can you please share the address of the shop.I think it is located in Budhwarpeth?
Old 7th July 2015, 11:31   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Can you please share the address of the shop.I think it is located in Budhwarpeth?
Toolmax.in
Its on the same road as Lal Mahal chowk, 500 feet ahead of lal mahal on the opposite side. He will quote you 8500/-. I could bargain upto 8300 only.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 18:14   #808
BHPian

The Karcher K3.500 model is available at an effective price of Rs.12999/- in PayTM today. I was waiting to strike a deal. Is this a great price to grab this or should I go for the K3.550 model which is for 16999/-.

I stay in an apartment and do not have access to tap water near my parking, hence this model.

PayTM Link : https://paytm.com/shop/p/karcher-k-3...OW&BLACK_20811

Last edited by saikatmandal04 : 8th July 2015 at 18:19. Reason: Added the link
Old 8th July 2015, 18:26   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
The Karcher K3.500 model is available at an effective price of Rs.12999/- in PayTM today. I was waiting to strike a deal. Is this a great price to grab this or should I go for the K3.550 model which is for 16999/-.
The only difference between the K3.500 and K3.550 is the detergent bottle in the K3.550 which is missing in K3.500. Since the K3.500 comes with a foam lance, that feature is somewhat redundant.

I chose a K3.500 for the same reason and I haven't been disappointed!
Old 8th July 2015, 18:31   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The only difference between the K3.500 and K3.550 is the detergent bottle in the K3.550 which is missing in K3.500. Since the K3.500 comes with a foam lance, that feature is somewhat redundant.

I chose a K3.500 for the same reason and I haven't been disappointed!
Thanks SunnyBoi for simplifying it for me. So you are saying that if I go with K3.500, I do not need the detergent bottle for doing a foam wash for my car or do I need to purchase some other attachment to achieve that?

Most Viewed