Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 18:38   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Thanks SunnyBoi for simplifying it for me. So you are saying that if I go with K3.500, I do not need the detergent bottle for doing a foam wash for my car or do I need to purchase some other attachment to achieve that?
The foam sprayer comes with the pressure washer so you don't need to buy anything extra for it. That's why I mentioned the extra feature on the K3.550 is redundant since that too comes with a foam lance apart from the built in detergent bottle dispenser.
Old 9th July 2015, 20:13   #812
Senior - BHPian

Bosch is giving away a 50%discount to its employees on the Aquatek range of pressure washer. If someone in the forum is planning to buy a Bosch pressure washer and knows any employee in Bosch can utilize this offer.

Mods: I am not involved directly /indirectly in this deal. This is for the benefit of the bhpians . .
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 20:34   #813
vdm
BHPian

I just wanted to know from the users of the pressure washers users that using this washers on regular basis does any harm to the paint of the vehicle?
Old 9th July 2015, 22:04   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
I just wanted to know from the users of the pressure washers users that using this washers on regular basis does any harm to the paint of the vehicle?
No - if the gentle pressure option is used. Using the extreme pressure or the dirt-blaster lance is highly dangerous to paint and tyre. there are cases, where the tyre has even exploded (google it).

You basically get two lances or a rotary lance. The Fan Jet / Spray jet can be safely used unlimited times, where the pencli jet / dirtblaster jet / rotary jet should NOT be used for day to day cleaning.
Old 10th July 2015, 18:15   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quoting the above comment made by me, find the literature from the Bosch corporate. The offer is on 2 models of the Aquatech.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-mail.google.com.jpg
Old 14th July 2015, 06:37   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013 View Post
Just ordered a Bosch AQT 45-14X, should get it in a day or two, will update my feedback

How much you paid for this pressure washer & can you confirm if this is indeed an INDUCTION motor..

Now that Karcher K 3.550 prices has increased & K4 is @ ~ 23.5k, I think this is a better alternative since the accessories included & also increase in pressure justifies it..
Old 14th July 2015, 08:27   #817
BHPian

Hi, I bought it for ₹ 26000/- ( I guess without the bill it would have been 24K, however did not think of if while placing the order).

Yes this has an induction motor

The washer comes with all the possible attachements (barring snow foam lance and a brush washer).

I've already ordered brush from a website and it costed me INR 550

Snow foam lance is available but quite expensive at around INR 5500/- hence for the time being will managed with the supplied detergent bottle attachment

Pressure is quite adequate and during the car wash on Sunday I always had to use both the hands as it was back firing if I used one hand

A quick spray on the floor removed the algae formation on the corner beneath the pot

So far I will highly recommend the product

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2016 at 08:08. Reason: Back to Back posts merged
Old 15th July 2015, 07:13   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this has an induction motor

The washer comes with all the possible attachements (barring snow foam lance and a brush washer).

I've already ordered brush from a website and it costed me INR 550

Snow foam lance is available but quite expensive at around INR 5500/- hence for the time being will managed with the supplied detergent bottle attachment

Pressure is quite adequate and during the car wash on Sunday I always had to use both the hands as it was back firing if I used one hand

A quick spray on the floor removed the algae formation on the corner beneath the pot

So far I will highly recommend the product
That is a very good price considering the accessories included & Power.. BOSCH should now think something about the 6 months warranty. Apart from this I guess Karcher has a nice competition after its price rise..

I thought SnowFoam lance is included in the standard package..

http://www.ecotechsolutions.in/bosch...her-range.html

Bosch accessories are not that expensive, why 5.5k for snow foam ??

http://www.ecotechsolutions.in/bosch...cessories.html

Post some pictures please..
Old 15th July 2015, 11:42   #819
BHPian

I agree, Bosch should do something about the 6 months warranty, with a quality product why should worry about warranty period and give a measly 6 months

It does come with Foam Nozzle with detergent bottle and it just sprays the washer on the car however what would have been exciting if the thick snow/foam would be sprayed and cover the car with white think layer hence thinking of the Lance (may drop it because of the cost)

I will post the pictures over the weekend
Old 15th July 2015, 11:43   #820
Senior - BHPian

Very recently I brought Karcher K2 110 Soccer edition with car care kit from Metro Yeshwanthpur.
Searched in Metro Kanakpura rd, but was not available over there.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-karcher.jpg
It's 110bar pressure washer, kit includes
*Spray lance
*Dirt blaster
*4M hose with Trigger gun
*0.3L Foam nozzle
*Universal brush
*500ml wash concentrate

Price I paid, Rs.10999
Old 16th July 2015, 14:41   #821
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, Bosch should do something about the 6 months warranty, with a quality product why should worry about warranty period and give a measly 6 months

It does come with Foam Nozzle with detergent bottle and it just sprays the washer on the car however what would have been exciting if the thick snow/foam would be sprayed and cover the car with white think layer hence thinking of the Lance (may drop it because of the cost)

I will post the pictures over the weekend

That would have been nice but I think its extremely hard to get that kind of foam especially in India where we mostly get HARD water which inhibits foam production..

I've Karcher Foam nozzle & it also fails to put out thick foam but I know I've hard water supply anyway.. If you get a good deal then definitely you can consider the foam lance in future..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Very recently I brought Karcher K2 110 Soccer edition with car care kit from Metro Yeshwanthpur.
Searched in Metro Kanakpura rd, but was not available over there.
Attachment 1392382
It's 110bar pressure washer, kit includes
*Spray lance
*Dirt blaster
*4M hose with Trigger gun
*0.3L Foam nozzle
*Universal brush
*500ml wash concentrate

Price I paid, Rs.10999
Congrats on your purchase. What was the current price of Karcher K 3.500 & K 3.550 at Metro.
Old 16th July 2015, 19:23   #822
BANNED

From the foregoing posts it is clear that most of the pressure sprayers (Bosch, Karcher, Kew, B & D etc) all have WP in the range of 100 - 150 bar. Since a 75 bar water lance is enough to penetrate human skin at close range (less than 10 mm) and cause serious injury, it is clear what damage 150 bar can cause.
Karcher and Kew are popular equipment on board ships over the past 20 years and more, and I've seen several instances of injuries due to carelessness & negligence.
Earlier Bosch type diesel injection pumps (with WP 250 -350 bar) often resulted in injuries due to operator negligence on the test rig.
This is not to discourage the use of high pr. cleaners - just use normal caution and specially keep children out of range.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:32   #823
BHPian

Price Alert for Karcher K3.550 @ Rs. 17999/- at AMAZON

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00337POYO/r...A3U0I4P0&psc=1

But I would recommend BOSCH 45 -14X with all its accessories & extra power...
wolf_lone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 20:36   #824
BHPian

I agree, have been using BOSCH 45 -14X for a while now and no complaints what so ever. Highly recommend.
Old 1st September 2015, 11:14   #825
Senior - BHPian

Which of the Bosch washers have the siphoning feature?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks