Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 00:28   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
thanks.

on a budget so the 37-13 is definitely out.

between the 33 and 35 ? isnt the pressure of the 33 enough to clean the car/bike ?

Rev
What's your budget and how much you gonna use it for home and vehicles? Any specific requirement?
Old 27th September 2018, 09:24   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks.

on a budget so the 37-13 is definitely out.

between the 33 and 35 ? isnt the pressure of the 33 enough to clean the car/bike ?

Rev
Absolutely. 33 is sufficient for most car and bikes with daily urban usage and rain grime and dirt cleaning.

If you have a hardcore 4x4 with snorkels and heavy lift suspension then you. We'd at least 120 bar to clean.

I use 37-13 plus to clean my nexon
Old 27th September 2018, 10:41   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Absolutely. 33 is sufficient for most car and bikes with daily urban usage and rain grime and dirt cleaning.

If you have a hardcore 4x4 with snorkels and heavy lift suspension then you. We'd at least 120 bar to clean.

How is the noise level of the 37-13 under use? Does it come with a Drain cleaner attachment?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th September 2018 at 10:45.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:01   #1024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Question - Does it need the 16A source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source safely? Thanks
I use it on a 5A socket sometimes with an adapter, works fine. Since, you don't keep the machine on for more than 4-5 minutes at a time, the wires get time to cool down. Though not recommended, once in a while for short burst it's fine i guess.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 13:24   #1025
Team-BHP Support

Guys, can you suggest something good if budget is not a consideration. Want to use on larger SUV's and also office commercial pickups.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th September 2018 at 13:26.
Old 27th September 2018, 14:10   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
What's your budget and how much you gonna use it for home and vehicles? Any specific requirement?
around 10k and mostly for vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by revtech : 27th September 2018 at 14:11.
Old 27th September 2018, 14:20   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys, can you suggest something good if budget is not a consideration. Want to use on larger SUV's and also office commercial pickups.
If you want a Robust machine then look at the Karcher K3 and K4 series pressure washer. They have a water-cooled motor and last long without troubles if they are taken care of.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 18:56   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If you want a Robust machine then look at the Karcher K3 and K4 series pressure washer. They have a water-cooled motor and last long without troubles if they are taken care of.
Thanks, bought K4 it from neighbourhood shop
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-whatsapp-image-20180927-5.05.21-pm-1.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 19:46   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:

Wow! That was fast. It's a good machine. Just take care that it is moved around with care without sudden impacts. Also verify that the water is flowing out of the gun when the trigger is pressed before turning on the motor. This will ensure that there is no air in the system and the motor will not run dry. This is for the main thing that you have to ensure every time you connect the pipes and stuff. Nothing conks off the motor faster than running it dry

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th September 2018 at 19:48.
sagarpadaki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 00:20   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
around 10k and mostly for vehicles
My personal preference is Karcher and Bosch simply because they have their service centres every where. Easy to get parts and service when required.

You can get Karcher K2 for 7-8K and if you can stretch your budget then you can go for K3 premium which has a water cooled motor. I have used my K3 for 6hrs straight and the motor was not even warm during that usage. All Karcher products are made in Germany and only thing which is Indian is the power cable. Karcher does not send the unit with Indian power plug size so the original one is removed in India and fitted with the Indian power cable.

Quote:
Sir, do let me know how the FJ6 performs. I am a bit apprehensive about it's ability to get the thick foam.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 12:07   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

Sir, do let me know how the FJ6 performs. I am a bit apprehensive about it's ability to get the thick foam.
It is very average. I have purchased a dedicated foam lance and it is far better than the FJ6
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 22:55   #1032

Guys,

I am looking to buy a pressure washer for my Rapid. Zeroed in on Bosch. What is the difference between Bosch AQT 35-12 and Aquatek 130?

Veera
Old 25th November 2018, 09:13   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_veera View Post
I am looking to buy a pressure washer for my Rapid. Zeroed in on Bosch. What is the difference between Bosch AQT 35-12 and Aquatek 130?
Between these 2 models you should go in for the Aquatek 130. The 130 is the newer model. Bosch's new naming convention is a 3 digit code instead of a 2 digit hyphen 2 digit model # for e.g. 35-12.

Some of their older models that are still being manufactured and sold. But these will eventually be replaced with newer models.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 14:18   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_veera View Post
Guys,

Veera
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Between these 2 models you should go in for the Aquatek 130. The 130 is the newer model. Bosch's new naming convention is a 3 digit code instead of a 2 digit hyphen 2 digit model # for e.g. 35-12.

Some of their older models that are still being manufactured and sold. But these will eventually be replaced with newer models.
To add to what R2D2 Sir has already posted, AQT 130 is a 130 bar machine compared to 120 bar for 35-12. Comparable machine to 35-12 would be AQT 120. Also, in addition to the nomenclature, the units on the newer models sound much more refined compared to the older machines.

My friend purchased 37-13+ a week before I got my AQT 130. There is a significant difference in the way both sound.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 15:55   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Also verify that the water is flowing out of the gun when the trigger is pressed before turning on the motor. This will ensure that there is no air in the system and the motor will not run dry. This is for the main thing that you have to ensure every time you connect the pipes and stuff. Nothing conks off the motor faster than running it dry
Thanks for sharing this info. Comes in handy for my Karcher K2

I was under an impression that the machine was faulty when water started to come out of the gun even before the machine was turned on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks