Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 12:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

@ss-traveller,
How long did you use the machine continously ? I believe you are satisfied with the product.
Can you give more details or reviews about the product.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:21   #92
BHPian

The best ones are from Karcher. They are world famous.!
Old 10th February 2010, 14:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
The best ones are from Karcher. They are world famous.!
Karcher used to be very good but the quality is not as good on the low end models anymore. Get one with an induction motor if you want it to last a while.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:04   #94
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I have a Black and Decker car washer and use it to wash all the muck that gets onto my Jeep or 207 truck post offroading. In a few words, its brilliant. The 130 bar is enough to blast paint off the rims of your car. In practice you don't ever run a washer continously for 10 minutes. That is absurd. You wash a car in bursts and its more than happy washing all the grime off your car that way.

At Rs 8000 (bought at Metro) its a steal. The Bosch washers are a rip off in my opinion

Last edited by DKG : 10th February 2010 at 15:05.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The 130 bar is enough to blast paint off the rims of your car. In practice you don't ever run a washer continously for 10 minutes.
I hope you are using a variable lance to limit the pressure. If not you will damage your paintwork. I have found the pressure from my RS2500 tullu pump is more than enough to wash a car or jeep.

Last edited by bigman : 10th February 2010 at 16:43.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:32   #96
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I hope you are using a variable lance to limit the pressure. If not you will damage your paintwork.
Yes I did realise only after carelessly blasting the paint off the rim on my Alto! Now I tone it down just to do the job without any damage
Old 10th February 2010, 23:15   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@ss-traveller,
How long did you use the machine continously ? I believe you are satisfied with the product.
Can you give more details or reviews about the product.
The total machine operation time may have been around 20 min., but not on a continuous basis. I haven't really timed things, but I don't think there has been more than 1-2 min. of continuous use before the motor got a break of 1-2 min.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I hope you are using a variable lance to limit the pressure. If not you will damage your paintwork. I have found the pressure from my RS2500 tullu pump is more than enough to wash a car or jeep.
Oh yes, it is easy to cause damage if the jet is not fanned out - I managed to take off little bits of the number plate lettering (tape), even with the jet fanned out and held at a distance of 2 feet.

However, I found water consumption is not as high as when using a small water pump like Tullu. I used to do it this way for some time, and soon realised I was using up nearly a tank (500 l.) of water to wash a dirty sedan. With the pessure washer, I didn't need more than a quarter tank (approx. 125 l.). The water delivery for the machine is stated to be 350 lph.
Quote:
You wash a car in bursts and its more than happy washing all the grime off your car that way.
Quite true.
Quote:
At Rs 8000 (bought at Metro) its a steal. The Bosch washers are a rip off in my opinion
So I thought too, because the original price quoted for the Aquatak 100+ was over 12k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...a special discounted price of Rs.7500 + 4% VAT
It actually cost me Rs.7800 net, and I thought it was VFM at that price point.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 10th February 2010 at 23:20.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:42   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

I keep my Bosch running for far longer than 10 minutes at a time.

Mind you... I haven't used it for months (yes: the car's filthy) and I hope it hasn't jammed up.

I think I'll give it a go tomorrow!
Old 11th February 2010, 17:14   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

...And yes, it is working fine and the car is clean again.

At least it is until it spends this evening parked by The Hole in RK Mutt Road.

I had forgotten that the reason that my washer gets run for longer periods rather than short bursts is that the trigger is jammed open. I can only stop it by the off switch. Must try and get that serviced sometime.
Old 12th February 2010, 11:00   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
A series of pics of the washer in action after today's rainy and slushy 140-km run to work and back. It took less than half an hour to complete the job.

The Scorpio has too many nooks and crannies for easy cleaning, and manual cleaning takes over an hour, that too excluding the insides of the mudguards.
Thanks a ton for the image depicted report mate. Any idea where I can source it from in Mumbai.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:49   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Thanks a ton for the image depicted report mate. Any idea where I can source it from in Mumbai.
Bosch power Tools Division Mumbai telephone numbers are 022-24932071/72/73/74; Fax: 022-24973924; Mobile: 9820403002. Their all-India helpline number is 1800-425-8665. Check www.bosch-pt.co.in.
Old 31st August 2010, 20:59   #102
BHPian

Hi guys!
Just an update. I bought the BOSCH Aquatak 100 Plus here in Faridabad.
Alongwith me, SumitB was also on the lookout for two GSB13RE drill sets as he was impressed with my drill set after I posted here on the forum long time back and 2 Aquatak 100 Pluses as well. So, we bought our units together here.
The Bosch GSB13 RE kit costed him Rs. 3600
and the Aquatak 100 Plus costed us Rs. 7400.
We took all this with bill and warranty.
I kind of test started the Aquatak 100 Plus today.
When I started it for the first time, the motor started running even though I had not triggered the Unit to ON from the Gun. When I triggered it to ON, for some time nothing came out and after 30-35 seconds only some whitish liquid trickled out. Then, finally, it started gaining pressure in a few seconds and ultimately it gained full pressure. And now, the motor switches ON only when triggered by the High Pressure Gun.
Was this episode normal?

I find it a bit noisy as well, although, it is nicely built just like my other Bosch product (The GSB 13RE drill kit).
Old 31st August 2010, 22:18   #103
AWD
BHPian

I saw this Bosch model at an exhibition in Town, tried it during live demo. Seemed impressive, water pressure was good.

What some othe member suggested about "Tullu" pump, is also a good & cheap idea. If one already has a pump installed at home.

Interestingly saw Eureka forbes Vacuum cleaner also that comes with an attachment, which if attached to a hose pipe & Vaccum, gives high pressure. Now, how high it actually turns out to be, I don't know! The Vacuum cleaner was Euroclean ACE, priced ~ 7k.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:26   #104
BHPian

^^^ I have the Euroclean with me. Trust me, do NOT fall for it. That attachment is good for SPRAYING water on plants, it is not "high" pressure at all. Plus, our unit has lost it's suction after we gave it for repair to the Aquaguard people. I suggest you to refrain buying it. Try a better brand with good service like LG, Philips.

And regarding "Tullu" pump, I have a very good quality Crompton Greaves Pump at home rated 1.5HP. I don't know if it's the connection or what, but, yes the water pressure is quite good but still not good enough to clean the brake dust from the alloys and wheel wells. Man! How much I love squeaky clean wheels and wheel wells!
Old 31st August 2010, 22:45   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
and the Aquatak 100 Plus costed us Rs. 7400.

Was this episode normal?
Oh good! You got a better price than I did (7800 INR).

Before switching on the power, turn on the water tap and let the water trickle out of the hose first. Else, in the initial starting phase, the motor runs dry, and can burn out. The switching on on its own is probably because someone didn't turn off the main unit switch (behind the handle) before giving it to you.

Most Viewed