Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2019, 21:52   #1081
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
I have been using it for 2 months now, so this can be considered as an initial usage experience. Need to say for this price the product is very good. I have also bought foam canon from them as well. Initially I was a bit skeptical on foam canon but not on the pressure washer. But the foam canon coming with this price tag has really impressed.
P.S: If anyone looking forward to buy one I would suggest to contact directly through whatsapp, there is a scope for negotiation. I got a slight discount on Resqtech pressure washer from the price listed on thier site. Just did the bank transfer and they shipped the product.
Hi sir,

How is your Resqtech pressure washer holding up?
Is there any after sales support/service centre for them in any part of Kerala?

Users of Resqtech, please share your long-term review. Are these reliable? Or should i go for other big brands for their ease of serviceability?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th June 2019, 08:57   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Hi sir,

How is your Resqtech pressure washer holding up?
Is there any after sales support/service centre for them in any part of Kerala?

Users of Resqtech, please share your long-term review. Are these reliable? Or should i go for other big brands for their ease of serviceability?

Thanks in advance.
I even used it yesterday, it's going great. I brought it directly after contacting them through whatsapp, even I was a bit skeptical on the after sales support, but after the conversation I felt confident and I eventually went with the product.

If you wish to talk to them send me a DM, I can share you their contacts.
Old 10th June 2019, 10:06   #1083
BHPian

I am looking for a pressure washer that can do the below.
1. a max pressure of 10 bar, for purpose of home and air-con maintenance.
2. Compact that can be carried around easlily
3. Come with a self-priming motor
4. Lances that swivel head to handle tight spaces.
5. Reliable and spare part accessibility
Have anyone come across any washers that can meet the needs above?

I found one on Amazon Totaline Self Priming AC Cleaner but it doesn't have pictures of lance yet and no idea of how reliable it is.
Old 5th August 2019, 23:56   #1084
BHPian

I am planning to buy a car washer for my Honda BRV. I stay in an apartment, so no electrical connections at the basement. Only electrical input could be the car's 12V DC socket. I am in dilemma between the ReqTech 8 liters or 14 liters manual hand pump car washer vs he 25 liters / 28 liters 12 V DC car washer to go for. My main problem are the tyres, wheels and the associated area covering the wheels, where the mud gets accumulated. So, a decent jet of water would be preferred. Also, if possible please let me know how much water would be required to wash the entire car.
Old 20th August 2019, 16:28   #1085
BANNED

Hi Experts,

Please do suggest a foam bottle for a 150 Bar commercial use pressure washer.

A friend and fellow enthusiast from Mumbai has reached out to me and I lack the expertise with such components as I myself stick to a Bosch AQT 35.

Currently the ones he's able to procure locally are the following;

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img20190820wa0002.jpg

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img20190820wa0003.jpg

Here's a picture of the Gun he uses.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img20190820wa0004.jpg

Thanks in advance,
A.P.
Old 1st November 2019, 10:11   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
I am planning to buy a car washer for my Honda BRV. I stay in an apartment, so no electrical connections at the basement. Only electrical input could be the car's 12V DC socket. I am in dilemma between the ReqTech 8 liters or 14 liters manual hand pump car washer vs he 25 liters / 28 liters 12 V DC car washer to go for. My main problem are the tyres, wheels and the associated area covering the wheels, where the mud gets accumulated. So, a decent jet of water would be preferred. Also, if possible please let me know how much water would be required to wash the entire car.
Hi,
I just got the 12v/25 litre pressure washer from ResQTech for exactly the same purpose as you. I have a two month old Ciaz and with the rains in Chennai I wanted something to take care of the wheels and the areas around them.
This does a decent job of cleaning caked on dirt. On the highest pressure setting (which is a thin, pencil like spray). Please do note that this is just about adequate for a maintenance wash and any heavily caked on dirt is best taken care of with a real pressure washer! (Incidentally, I had first gotten the 135 Bar pressure washer from the same company but ended up returning it because it was overkill in a way for me. I live in an apartment and although I have a long enough extension cord, I could not see myself using this full size pressure washer on a regular basis).

Also, another thing to note is that sometimes, especially on the running boards, I had to gently rub the painted surface with my fingers while directing the water at the same place to get rid of some of the more caked on dirt. Does this do the job for me? Yes it does. Will I be using it regularly? Yes. I've used this unit twice so far. With a three day gap inbetween. One full tub of water (25 litres) is enough for the Ciaz. Maybe, just maybe another half tub if you feel it necessary (although I don't think this will be the case).

Just to give you some background, I maintain my car myself. Dusting, waterless wash, "pressure washing" is all done by me and I take pretty good care of my car.

Hope this helps you! Sorry for the Mahabharath of a reply!
avis4398 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 13:03   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avis4398 View Post
Hi,
I just got the 12v/25 litre pressure washer from ResQTech for exactly the same purpose as you. I have a two month old Ciaz and with the rains in Chennai I wanted something to take care of the wheels and the areas around them.
This does a decent job of cleaning caked on dirt. On the highest pressure setting (which is a thin, pencil like spray). Please do note that this is just about adequate for a maintenance wash and any heavily caked on dirt is best taken care of with a real pressure washer! (Incidentally, I had first gotten the 135 Bar pressure washer from the same company but ended up returning it because it was overkill in a way for me. I live in an apartment and although I have a long enough extension cord, I could not see myself using this full size pressure washer on a regular basis).

Also, another thing to note is that sometimes, especially on the running boards, I had to gently rub the painted surface with my fingers while directing the water at the same place to get rid of some of the more caked on dirt. Does this do the job for me? Yes it does. Will I be using it regularly? Yes. I've used this unit twice so far. With a three day gap inbetween. One full tub of water (25 litres) is enough for the Ciaz. Maybe, just maybe another half tub if you feel it necessary (although I don't think this will be the case).

Just to give you some background, I maintain my car myself. Dusting, waterless wash, "pressure washing" is all done by me and I take pretty good care of my car.

Hope this helps you! Sorry for the Mahabharath of a reply!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I had purchased the same Resqtech 25 liter pressure washer. I had actually purchased the 28 list model directly from the company. Not because of the extra 3 litres, but because that it also has an additional battery backup which would allow it to be used anywhere apart from my car. The company said that the 28 litres was not available, so they can provide the 25 litres after fitting the battery in it but at the same cost. I negotiated for an additional micro fibre cloth which they did provide. Coming back to the usage, I have used it about 4 to 5 times. It does the job pretty decently as you said. I have a Honda BRV and I use approximately 2 buckets of water. If heavily soiled then another bucket more. I found that the brush provided works pretty well, only problem is it frequently comes out of the fitting and drops on the floor. Otherwise the gun is also excellent and does it's job decently. With a little aid with a gentle rub off the hand, just as you said the extra mud can be removed from the car. I also clean my car myself. Dusting, dry cleaning most of the times, except for the rainy days when I have to wash and I use the washer. Infact I carry it along when I travel to places. Very convenient equipment indeed.
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 00:38   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hi Experts,

Please do suggest a foam bottle for a 150 Bar commercial use pressure washer.

A friend and fellow enthusiast from Mumbai has reached out to me and I lack the expertise with such components as I myself stick to a Bosch AQT 35.

Currently the ones he's able to procure locally are the following;

Attachment 1906938

Attachment 1906939

Here's a picture of the Gun he uses.

Attachment 1906940

Thanks in advance,
A.P.
Get the MJJC, you won't regret it, I am using it with my Karcher K3 premium and loving it.https://mjjc.com/collections/foam-cannon

Last edited by Randhawa : 2nd November 2019 at 00:40.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 18:20   #1089
BHPian

Got the Bosch Aquatak 120 from Amazon last week and got a chance to test it today. It does not come with a inlet hose. Used a 0.75" hose which was leaking at the inlet. Changed the inlet to 0.5" hose and the inlet leak stopped. Facing one major issue where the motor is continuously running even if I release the trigger. From videos I watched, the motor completely shuts off when the trigger is released. I checked all the connections and there are no leaks but still the autoshutoff is not happening. Anyone else faced similar issue? I am not sure what to do now.
Another issue is it has a big 16A 3-pin socket and cant connect to existing sockets near the garage.
Old 30th November 2019, 18:44   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Facing one major issue where the motor is continuously running even if I release the trigger. From videos I watched, the motor completely shuts off when the trigger is released.
Do you get good pressure when you open the trigger? The motor should cut off based on the pressure in the pipe and restart when the pressure drops, ie when you open the trigger. If not then there could be air in the pipe which is causing less pressure and hence the motor isnt shutting off. In my Karcher, I make it a point to first open the trigger and let go of all the air in the pipe and then switch on the washer. Somehow it doesnt like even small bubbles of air and the machine noise and vibration goes up when this happens. Once I let go of air in the pipe things come back to normal.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 19:32   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Do you get good pressure when you open the trigger? The motor should cut off based on the pressure in the pipe and restart when the pressure drops, ie when you open the trigger. If not then there could be air in the pipe which is causing less pressure and hence the motor isnt shutting off. In my Karcher, I make it a point to first open the trigger and let go of all the air in the pipe and then switch on the washer. Somehow it doesnt like even small bubbles of air and the machine noise and vibration goes up when this happens. Once I let go of air in the pipe things come back to normal.
Yes. There is good,cosntant pressure when I press the trigger. Also the inlet pipe I used is transparent and I could not see any bubbles. If I release the trigger, the water stops coming out from the gun but motor keeps running and no leaks at the inlet/outlet and gun.

I tried with half a bucket of water and the used up almost till the inlet level pressing the trigger on and off but the motor keeps running. I am scared to let the motor run like this and not sure if it will get damaged. I did try to open the trigger with the unit switched off to let out air but nothing happened probably because I was using the inlet from a bucket. I dont know if the problem is with the unit or something else.
Old 30th November 2019, 20:40   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
From videos I watched, the motor completely shuts off when the trigger is released. I checked all the connections and there are no leaks but still the autoshutoff is not happening. Anyone else faced similar issue? I am not sure what to do now. Another issue is it has a big 16A 3-pin socket and cant connect to existing sockets near the garage.
In my Aquatak..an older phased out model the 42-13..the motor always shuts off when it detects the trigger is released. Make sure you don't run the motor dry because it will get damaged if its run dry repeatedly.

I would recommended you get the machine replaced via Amazon. Also, do not change the plug. Use a proper 15A socket to connect the machine using its factory fitted wire.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 13:26   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
In my Aquatak..an older phased out model the 42-13..the motor always shuts off when it detects the trigger is released. Make sure you don't run the motor dry because it will get damaged if its run dry repeatedly.

I would recommended you get the machine replaced via Amazon. Also, do not change the plug. Use a proper 15A socket to connect the machine using its factory fitted wire.
Yes. I dont want to take any risks and tinker with the 15A socket. None of the places I wanted to use the washer have a 15A socket nearby. Hence I have returned the machine to Amazon and thinking of trying the other Resqtech washer that few people have got and updated in this thread. Talking to them via Whatsapp and they are responding to all queries reasonably and promising 2yr warranty and availability of spares. Also confirmed the ResQtech uses a smaller plug compatible with regular socket. Will order this and see how it performs.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 22:06   #1094
Senior - BHPian

I have been using ResQtech 28 litre rechargeable power washer since the past 4 years.

I had charged the power washer last night and while I put it for operation this morning the unit just wouldn't work. There was no noise from the motor even after switching the on/off switch multiple times. I am sure I had charged it fully as there is a small LED indicator on the charger which turns from red to green when the unit is fully charged.

Owing to this I tried reaching ResQtech's customer care but the line was perennially busy. Then I sent a whatsapp message on the numbers listed on their website describing the issue and asked them for instructions to troubleshoot the unit. I haven't heard back from them as yet.

Did any of you guys using this product face a similar issue. If yes how was it resolved?

Appreciate your responses.
Old 21st December 2019, 07:18   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
I have been using ResQtech 28 litre rechargeable power washer since the past 4 years.
Did any of you guys using this product face a similar issue. If yes how was it resolved?
Did you try to charge it again?

Their contact numbers should be available online. Try calling them again.

I have a manual car washer from Resqtech and my experience with their telephonic support was satisfactory. But this was years ago.

Also it is a small setup and just about one or two people handling customer calls. At least that's how it was then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks