Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:05   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Motor: 5.5HP/4000W
Wow, that's substantial power: you are able to use it with 15-amp plug? Or do you need something more like the supply/wiring/sockets for AC? I don't think many domestic ACs even use that much power. And the start-up rush must be quite something!

That aside, this is a beast of a machine and it looks good too. Plainly you keep it looking nice
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:44   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Wow, that's substantial power: you are able to use it with 15-amp plug? Or do you need something more like the supply/wiring/sockets for AC? I don't think many domestic ACs even use that much power. And the start-up rush must be quite something!

That aside, this is a beast of a machine and it looks good too. Plainly you keep it looking nice
I’m using a 22 amp plug that goes into a 32 amp wall outlet with its own 32A MCB, never had issues and we use it everyday. Standard 220V supply (I have a 3 phase connection with 440V capability) but given water related work I don’t want the added risk that comes with 440V machines.

Domestic AC’s can certainly cross 4kW, specially larger homes with central air conditioning. Regular split AC’s simply plug into a 16A wall socket with a power plug.

Yes the gun does have a lot of recoil when you hit the trigger, will knock a child over definitely.

Thank you, I try and maintain my machines as best I can, I did ceramic coat the stainless steel body, makes cleaning very easy.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:19   #1353
BHPian

Quick clip showing the recoil, (in hindsight I should’ve filmed with my left arm and held the gun in the stronger right arm but you get a fair idea).

(Mods: kindly merge with my last message, couldn’t do it as 30 mins expired.)
AJ56 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:33   #1354
Distinguished - BHPian

I was thinking of the electrical start-up surge. I'm useless at remembering numbers, but I think my 2.5hp drainage motor goes to something like 20-plus amps. But the pressure surge recoil is interesting to see too. Again, a beast of a machine!

Quote:
I did ceramic coat the stainless steel body
haha, I half-jokingly thought you might have done. But no joke: having kit that looks like that is advantageous when customers might be seeing it. It's really eye-catching.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:25   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was thinking of the electrical start-up surge. I'm useless at remembering numbers, but I think my 2.5hp drainage motor goes to something like 20-plus amps. But the pressure surge recoil is interesting to see too. Again, a beast of a machine!

haha, I half-jokingly thought you might have done. But no joke: having kit that looks like that is advantageous when customers might be seeing it. It's really eye-catching.
Yes I’ve received many compliments from people, initially I was waiting for my quick connectors so had placed the machine in the lounge area as it wasn’t being used and many thought it’s for sale

Plus, as it’s a 220V and not a 440, it can be used easily at home as well. In fact I’m looking at a 7.5hp unit to replace this one and take this home.

To be honest, that’s the plug head it shipped with. I haven’t changed it, I just plugged into my existing 32A sockets and have had no issues with tripping any breakers.

I forgot to add the snow foam clips-

(Note: the foam is slipping off very fast as my car is coated, on untreated paint it’ll stick for longer)

Last edited by AJ56 : 22nd April 2024 at 20:33.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks