Team-BHP - Buying & Using a Pressure Washer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Buying & Using a Pressure Washer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14492-buying-using-pressure-washer.html)

Hi guys
Anybody aware of portable pressure washer (looks similar to a vaccum cleaner) available in stores India?

There is one model sold by Bosch. It was shown at the Auto Expo and the price was around 6.5k. Check with your local Bosch dealer/distributor he would be having it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava
There is one model sold by Bosch. It was shown at the Auto Expo and the price was around 6.5k. Check with your local Bosch dealer/distributor he would be having it.

Thanks iraghava, let me check it out with bosch dealers in blr

Quote:

There is one model sold by Bosch.
Yes, if you go to any Bosch service station you can see it being used (live demo :)).

My 2 cents:
But I dont think its worth that money. A better option would be to buy a local pressure nossile attachment which fits the regular hose pipe and gives a decent pressure. It costs just Rs150-200.

If its for a professional use, go for the bosch one. For domestic purpose just stick to the local one. The decision is upto you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar
My 2 cents:
But I dont think its worth that money. A better option would be to buy a local pressure nossile attachment which fits the regular hose pipe and gives a decent pressure. It costs just Rs150-200.

Hi Jaguar, It is not for professional use, it is for personal use, yah, the price seems to be too steep, BTW I am already having the nozzle you mentioned. But that cannot remove the dirt which is getting stuck due to bad roads and rain, thanks to blr roads which are in a mess. If you try to wipe it with a cloth, it scratches the paint. So I thought pressure washer could help.

Are there no generic Chinese made pressure washers available. In the UK you can pick them up for as little as £20 (RS1,700).

The best brand to go for is Karchar. I have had one for 6 years and it still works very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigman
Are there no generic Chinese made pressure washers available. In the UK you can pick them up for as little as £20 (RS1,700).

The best brand to go for is Karchar. I have had one for 6 years and it still works very well.

Karcher is good but very expensive. The cheapest washer they have is about 13-14k. For personal use I can't recommend spending so much money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava
Karcher is good but very expensive. The cheapest washer they have is about 13-14k. For personal use I can't recommend spending so much money.

Boy that is expensive.

My Karcher cost about £60 (RS 5,040). It is still going strong after 6 years of good use. A friend is on his second chinese made pressure washer.

There is one company situated in Pune which manufactures such attachments. It was shown at Auto Expo.
For those interested the company is situated opposite City Pride on Pune-Satara Road.
It is located in Parvati Industrial Estate

Quote:

A better option would be to buy a local pressure nossile attachment which fits the regular hose pipe and gives a decent pressure. It costs just Rs150-200.
I've searched for the water gun at almost all the 2 & 4 wheeler spare parts shops, but in vain.

So where should I search it for ? Is it from the hardware or sanitary shops ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun
So where should I search it for ? Is it from the hardware or sanitary shops ?

Exactly :). I bought it from a hardware shop in tvpm.

I have seen the Karcher in Europe. It's awesome, can be used to clean your car, your patio, etc. I too wanted to buy one in India, where can one get it here?

Anyone have more specific info on the Bosch?

There is a cheaper and very good option available in Cochin. I dont know whether they haev dealers elsewhere. You guys can check their site
http://www.woodpeckerindia.com/products.htm

jp1 - wonder if this will be of any help. Its not a portable option, that would depend on the length of hose used!

If you have a water tank with a pump (also called tullu pumps etc - the kinds used to pump up water to the overhead tank.) just take a connection off the pump discharge line. I've put a recirculation line back to the tank too to adjust pressure ( by bleeding off) . All connections need to be tight ( with hose bands) and the pressure is then up to you! works good in getting grime and muck out!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Pings
jp1 - wonder if this will be of any help. Its not a portable option, that would depend on the length of hose used!

Hi captain pings, That is a wonderful idea and hardly cost anything to set up. Thanks
jp1