Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:00   #1

modifying my scorpio

hi im new to this forums,i have about 70k with me and a black mahindra scorpio (not the new one).
now with the money i have decided to change the looks of this car , so to all you experts here goes
1)should i do any external body modification for the car.
2)i have decided on doing the interiors should i go for the sporty or luxurious ones
3) should i do a custom paintjob or put on lots of vinyl and will it look good
4) i dont have alloys so putting them is certain are there any specific designs i should look into
5)what would you do if you had 70k
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapchap
hi im new to this forums,i have about 70k with me and a black mahindra scorpio (not the new one).
now with the money i have decided to change the looks of this car , so to all you experts here goes
1)should i do any external body modification for the car.
2)i have decided on doing the interiors should i go for the sporty or luxurious ones
3) should i do a custom paintjob or put on lots of vinyl and will it look good
4) i dont have alloys so putting them is certain are there any specific designs i should look into
5)what would you do if you had 70k
Dude u sure are new and frm ur questions it shows that u gotta learn loads ......... WELCOME TO T-BHP , we guarantee u that we will transform u into a Car Guru soon, right guys? Ok now to ur query...

1. Thats according to you if u wanna modify ur jeep. If i were u, i wud put my cash on performance moddin more than cosmetic. Am not sure if ur scorpio is turbocharged, if it isnt , get it turbocharged. Add a K&N air flter, free-flow exhausts and i donno if u will still have cash for Chippin ur engine.

2. the sporty or luxurious Interiors is also a personal taste so u gotta decide upon it brother.

3. A Lot of anything spoils the show. So "NO" over vinyl'in. Well i like the Scorpio as it is.... it luks gud, leave it as it is yaar.

4. Dude forget vinyls and GO for the alloys ASAP, brands... depends on how much money u can put in. If u are ready to put more, go for imported set of alloys, if no, stick with the locals. Go about many shops and check different alloys and pick the one that best suits ur liking. Dont give much priority for brands, ok?

5. If had 70k...... I wud go for the performance upgrades i mentioned above, and go for a swanky ICE with any leftover cash. But i bet that u will never have enuf cash coz we guys always...Dil Maange More!!!!

If u are so into cosmetic moddin, u cud add a scooped bonnet, and some nice fancy modded bumpers (I feel its a waste though!)

Decide wisely coz 70k is a big thing.....do tell us what u decide! All the best.

Sagar.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:21   #3

actually im not much into perfomance mods, alloys will be done right away , and interiors will be done sooner than later
about over vinyl'ing' a couple of stripes on the side and on the bonnet wont i hurt i guess?????
also i think i have good enuff ICE to upgrade it too soon
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for cosmetic changes, I will write a check to Autophyche for 70,000 and ask him to do whatever he can to my ride for that money.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:38   #5
BHPian

hey ok if u dont wanna do performance mods, just my options. Ok so u into cosmetic. Hmm...gud thing first go for alloys, next interiors, select ur taste, sporty or luxurious, i think black leather wud be cool but depends on the colour of ur jeep. Ok so no ICE too. Bonnet Scoop, ok. coming to vinyls.... am not sure how it cud look on a scorpio never seen any, actually never seen any jeep ever with vinyls frankly. Am not talking about those dirty vinyls on TATA Sumos with that splashing water or tiger jumping etc. Why dont u try photoshopping and put all ur ideas and see if it suits ur jeep. Yes a little vinyls might do the work but as u said earlier dont fill up with vinyls. U cud put in Xenon while headlights.... and damn! Cant think of anything else. I think the scorpio looks very neat and i donno what else cud u think of moddin?

Hey i just remembered....there was a yellow Scorpio, sports edition i guess which was exhibited by Mahindra at the AutoExpo. I lost the links and pics, u cud have a look at it, it had black vinyl stripes. gelled well. Ill try to get those links.

Last edited by furioussphinx : 23rd June 2006 at 19:44.
Old 23rd June 2006, 22:47   #6
BHPian

Dude this thread will be a lot of help to you : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...light=autoexpo its all about customised Scorpios and also has the AutoExpo Scorpio, look at all the decals and vinyls and other cosmetics mods done and then decide.
Old 24th June 2006, 11:16   #7

hi guys thx for the replies
no hummy kit for me that looks to ancient for my taste
my biggest fear is that should i go for vinyls or no because , i dont have a damn frickin idea of how theyll look
Old 25th June 2006, 05:00   #8
BHPian

@furiousphinx
1. Thats according to you if u wanna modify ur jeep. If i were u, i wud put my cash on performance moddin more than cosmetic. Am not sure if ur scorpio is turbocharged, if it isnt , get it turbocharged. Add a K&N air flter, free-flow exhausts and i donno if u will still have cash for Chippin ur engine.

Hey buddy FYI scorpio was alwayas turbocharged. Not a blunder but still just after boasting of about our knowledge or being car gurus to a newbie it was not a very knowledge boasting statement.
Just a corrections. No offence intended.
Old 25th June 2006, 17:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha
@furiousphinx

Hey buddy FYI scorpio was alwayas turbocharged. Not a blunder but still just after boasting of about our knowledge or being car gurus to a newbie it was not a very knowledge boasting statement.
Just a corrections. No offence intended.
Yea man i know that the FYI Scorpio is turbocharged, but the guy here never mentioned the model of his scorpio!!!! So thats y i mentioned, "Am not sure if ur scorpio is turbocharged, if it isnt , get it turbocharged"....and besides am not boasting, am givin my opinions and suggestions frm my side. What boastng actually means going ga ga about ur ride or acting like a know-all, which i never did. I just suggested what i know, and i dont find anything wrong in that.
Old 25th June 2006, 20:12   #10
BHPian

Sorry furiousphinx if by any means I offended you. I was just in lighter mood. About boasting I was not pointing at you I was just mentionaing us as a team of car lovers. It was to us not to you. Anyway I am a stupid in communicating in correct way. So maaf kar do bhai.
Old 25th June 2006, 21:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha
Sorry furiousphinx if by any means I offended you. I was just in lighter mood. About boasting I was not pointing at you I was just mentionaing us as a team of car lovers. It was to us not to you. Anyway I am a stupid in communicating in correct way. So maaf kar do bhai.
Heehee Maaf kiya
Old 6th November 2009, 10:26   #12
BHPian

Booked Scorpio VLX - Please suggest a new Audio system package

i have just booked a Scorpio VLX which comes with a Music system with controls on the steering . The issue now is that if we change the headset , we can't use the controls on the steering well . Has any one changed just the speakers in this system and have had any test results ?

Most Viewed