Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 15:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I dont know where to post this but I recently heard from a Birdie that Petes has been sold to the Bangalore franchisee - Shibin
The Bangalore franchisee was completely owned by Shibhin. When i met him up for remapping my duster he was in discussion with a person who was interested to take up the Bangalore operations since he wanted to concentrate on Kochi. From what I understood, he had some serious investment in the Petes.

Last edited by psmenon : 1st March 2019 at 15:34.
Old 8th August 2019, 00:12   #47
BHPian

Lately I have seen a couple of ads regarding an offer from Petes which includes Bilstien B6 + Eibach springs + Petes remap offered together at 90k (for VW/ Skoda cars).

Does that sound like a good offer/ worth the money?

PS: Not in any way associated with Petes nor have I used their services in the past..
Old 14th August 2019, 03:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, their price for diesel VAG cars are much lesser. For 1.8 TSI, 2.0 TSI the maps are from Custom Code UK. Petes do charge more for them.
Do you mean to say the maps petes has for the TDI engines are not from custom-code Uk . Is it inhouse ?
Old 14th August 2019, 10:30   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Do you mean to say the maps petes has for the TDI engines are not from custom-code Uk . Is it inhouse ?
I suggest you to get it clarified from Petes. They get files from many suppliers.
Old 14th August 2019, 17:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you to get it clarified from Petes. They get files from many suppliers.
I spoke with Mr. Peter yesterday regarding tuning of my GT TSI and came to know they are running an offer in mumbai and delhi only. Total 16K for ecu remap for latest version. This offer is only for this month and only in Mumbai and Delhi.

I also got in touch with KS Motorsports for Revo remap. No offers there and cost is around 39K quoted with GST. They suggest that their map for GT TSI is the best in market and comes with max power and torque numbers.

Now i am confused as to whom to select. I am an existing satisfied customer of petes tuned jetta, however it was TDI and manual so performance was noticeably improved. No problems whatsoever for 2 years now. I want to be loyal to them, however there is this element of doubt created when it comes to GT TSI.

Also i inquired for DSG remap for improving the reliability and sorting out the D3>D2 jerk issues from DSG doctor, TVS engineering. The price by petes is 56K and that by KSM is 59K. Thats almost half the cost of new DSG. I am not sure weather its worth or should i just get the ecu remap and wait for some offer to trickle down for DSG tuning. Any experienced bhpian on this issue?

I have to take this decision this month only and that would mean in a week.
Old 14th August 2019, 17:41   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I spoke with Mr. Peter yesterday regarding tuning of my GT TSI and came to know they are running an offer in mumbai and delhi only. Total 16K for ecu remap for latest version. This offer is only for this month and only in Mumbai and Delhi.
I have heard that the latest map from Petes (V3) is very good for GT TSI. 16k vs 39k is a lot of difference, Petes deal is better
Old 14th August 2019, 17:43   #52
BHPian

Thank you Dr. Naren for your inputs. I also feel that the price difference is more than double, which may not be justifiable.

Whats your opinion on DSG remap?

Quote:
I have heard that the latest map from Petes (V3) is very good for GT TSI. 16k vs 39k is a lot of difference, Petes deal is better
Old 14th August 2019, 17:52   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whats your opinion on DSG remap?
Better reliability claims sound good. They have different stages. Which one is for 56/59k ?
Attached Thumbnails
Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-dq200_v2.jpg  

Old 14th August 2019, 21:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:

I believe those days are over. Maps given these days are their own. Petes refused to tell whose maps they would use on 2.0 tdi. Apparently it is known as petes map.

I've read your posts on remaps and tuners on the forum. infact no one has put in so much information on tbhp like you have.thanks a lot for that. My friend at a reputable tuning name says, casualties are about 50% in the cars remapped. one in two cars would have some turbo,IC or injectors issue. its a serious claim. how would you react to that ?
Old 14th August 2019, 21:29   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
I've read your posts on remaps and tuners on the forum. infact no one has put in so much information on tbhp like you have.thanks a lot for that.
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
My friend at a reputable tuning name says, casualties are about 50% in the cars remapped. one in two cars would have some turbo,IC or injectors issue. its a serious claim. how would you react to that ?
50 percent ?

I have 4 remapped cars , didn't face any issues with turbo or injectors. We also have around 100 S-Cross tuned by Wolf Moto in our WA group, not a single failure .

But, there are some cars which are prone to failures after tuning. For example, Mini Cooper S..I have heard at least 3 tuned cars got new engine under warranty in Kerala!!
Old 16th August 2019, 11:50   #56
BHPian

Yeah prices are different for different stages. 56K is for stage 2+ upgrade, which i feel not required for GT TSI.

Life extender + Drivability map (stock car) = Rs.39500/-
Stage 1(350NM) = Rs.24000/-
Stage 2(400NM) = Rs. 32000/-
Stage 2+ life extender + Drivability (400Nm) = Rs. 56000/-
Stage 3 (all features + life extender + drivability (400NM) = Rs. 79500/-.

surprisingly stage 1 doesnt include life extender + drivability map. All i want is more durability of GB on a longer run at a reasonable price. But iven 39500 sounds steep for GT TSI. if it would have been Octavia 1.8 TSI, i would have gone without second thought.

Quote:
Better reliability claims sound good. They have different stages. Which one is for 56/59k ?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 19:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah prices are different for different stages. 56K is for stage 2+ upgrade, which i feel not required for GT TSI.

surprisingly stage 1 doesnt include life extender + drivability map. All i want is more durability of GB on a longer run at a reasonable price. But iven 39500 sounds steep for GT TSI. if it would have been Octavia 1.8 TSI, i would have gone without second thought.
Looking at the torque figures post remaps, I have a query, the DQ200 DSG in GT TSI is rated for max 250nm torque rating.
How can a simple software tweak / update for DSG by TVS engineering increase the torque rating of the DSG? I mean how can the DSG handle 350-400 nm torque without any physical / mechanical changes in DSG ?
Brigadier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 23:40   #58

Quote:

Can i know where did you get your ride tuned in Ahmedabad. I have a Vento 1.2 TSI. Looking for reliable tuners in Ahmedabad but finding none.
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achalchoukhany View Post
Can i know where did you get your ride tuned in Ahmedabad. I have a Vento 1.2 TSI. Looking for reliable tuners in
Ahmedabad but finding none.
Hey, I drove all the way to petes Mumbai in my GT TSI and get it remapped. I did the same with my Jetta TDI as well. There are no reliable tuners in Ahmedabad, full stop. Having used 2 cars with petes remap, I vouch for the reliability and performance. Shipping ecu to kochi is also an option, but for 1.2 TSI, it doesnt work. You have to take the car to them.

Karan from KS motorsports, mumbai visits Ahmedabad when they have many cars to tune but would prove to be expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks