Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 16:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Remapped Fiat Linea. With switchable maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am not able to find a single reason not to buy the Zest if one is looking for a new car in that segment. Yes, the only slight letdown could be not the most exciting drive. It's 90hp engine will fall easily behind compared with a diesel Amaze. A remap can however change this and if I buy one, I am going for this option day 1.
Dont think you should go just by whats written in paper, the MJD is very revv happy and any day better than the Honda. Reliability has also been proved. In the real world, the performance of MJD cars can be vastly different than what the figures say on paper. In fact in stock form 90 bhp is pretty good with less weight of the Zest.

So Amit how is the remap treating your car now after a year. Any changes noticed in terms of drivability or mileage?

Last edited by motomaverick : 26th August 2014 at 16:36.
Old 26th August 2014, 20:14   #32
BHPian

First the projector lamp setup. And now this. You will just not give up on the Linea, is it??

Very good review. I am following your thread closely and will love to see the car in person when in Pune.

2 questions though -

1. How many KMS had the car done when you made the switch?
2. How many KMS has the car run on the remap?

This is truly, in the proverbial sense - A WOLF in a Sheep's clothing!!
Old 22nd April 2017, 03:43   #33
BANNED

Hey Amit, just went through this thread. I am planning to get my Swift ZDi remapped. The car is a 2013 one that's done 1.13L kms. Have a few questions for you:

How is the car doing?

How many kms done since the remap?!

Any reliability issues?

How is the support, just in case in you need them?!
Old 6th April 2018, 13:40   #34
BHPian

Mods : Please post this in the right thread if this is not correct.

Dear All

I and 3 other people are getting our Lineas mapped tomorrow 7th April 2018 - from Rajiv - Wolfmoto
It would be nice and really help if anyone else is looking out for the same to join us.

Please PM me on this asap for more details.
Old 7th April 2018, 09:57   #35
BHPian

Hey do let us know about how your experience goes. Would definetly like to hear from you regarding the same, as i am considering to go the remap way,i am in talks with rajiv via email,he is yet to revert to me regarding any visits to goa.
Please do keep this thread updated.
Old 8th April 2018, 11:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Please do keep this thread updated.

Will do
From my side you will have to wait a bit
Weekdays are in city traffic and weekends are at home or with friends

I am on Map 4 as default as of now.
Unable to find a difference
I am told that in this map - once it settles - will do around 112 - 113 BHP & 240 NM Torque

And this is the stable map
I am told that anything more aggressive than this on the current MJD - in inexperienced hands - can lead to the turbo packing up.

So which led to the next thought - how do I rejuvenate an existing car - at hopefully a very very low price - and still have it be safe.

So here is the wishlist

1 Try and source a bigger more reliable turbo - (MGP has the 1.6 MJD Turbo at INR 52K) - this may not be a direct bolt on - some flange and pipe diameter changes may / would be required (labour I am told can come for easily 15K)! And even if done successfully, Rajiv feels that currently there is no map for this and it would take a lot of doing and even then it could have a flat or empty low end (~ 2500 RPM)

2. Assuming the fit and map come through for the above.
Then look for a larger IC - there is another thread for this - A DIY has been documented.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...nea-t-jet.html

3. Reroute via ducting the air intake to a cooler part of the bay.

If the above 3 come through cleanly - maybe one can look at a 140 HP, 320 Nm out of the 1248 cc MJD.

4. If need be - try and see if the Linea Cruise control can be implemented on my early 2009 Emotion MJD ( Idea is to take the steering housing from the newer Lineas - and the Cruise Control lever can sit natively)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...iat-linea.html

All in all - (Lots of ifs here) - one potentially could have a new driving experience for around or at a lakh of rupees on a stable platform.

Way cheaper than buying a new car !!
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 15:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
Will do

I am on Map 4 as default as of now.
Unable to find a difference
I am told that in this map - once it settles - will do around 112 - 113 BHP & 240 NM Torque
!!
Hi
Could you please share your experience on remapping. I'm thinking of doing it in my Linea mjd.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th September 2019 at 16:14. Reason: shortning quoted text
Old 14th October 2019, 22:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladRagu View Post
Hi
Could you please share your experience on remapping. I'm thinking of doing it in my Linea mjd.
My apologies, I have never changed it from Map 4 from the first day. City or highway use.

Whatever this is, has become regular
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks