Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 20:50   #1531
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Have anyone tried the Blaupunkt Wipers?
Hi, yes. I am using them on my 2017 Elantra. Works flawless & neat. Recommended .

Note from Support. Post fixed. Typos, spacing, grammar

Last edited by aah78 : 28th September 2021 at 00:33. Reason: Please proof read before posting. Quote trimmed.
Old 17th September 2021, 23:27   #1532
BHPian

Had an odd experience with my Boodmo wiper blade order. I had ordered Bosch 26" Clear Advantage with P/N 3397006510, and this is what the order confirmation email also showed. Surprisingly the item I received is P/N 3397008587 which is another variant and the order page on the site also shows this.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-wiper_blade-6744368/ - What I ordered
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-wiper_blade-1369813/ - What I got

Anyway the item I got appeared to be really old, and even the product packaging was tied together with cello tape. Might be a really old piece. When I tried to fit the wiper blade, I realised the included connector doesn't even let you use it with a J hook type arm. Not sure if the extra connectors were missing since this was not a sealed product and got lost?

Ended up initiating a return, hope I get a full refund.

So the question I had is, does all wiper blades of a given size say 26" from the different manufacturers include the various connectors needed or does it include only a specific commonly used connector?
Old 20th September 2021, 09:25   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
How long lasting are silicon blades?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SpdgahDp2Wg

Just saw this scotty Kilmer video and am curious. Have been using Bosch Eco for years but now they don't even last 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
I bought a pair of frameless wipers for my Manza for 300, so far works really good. Tested it on 2 airport runs. I will keep the thread posted on their quality in a month or two. These are Recaro brand.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07G2DVR1Y/...VMZY4DK8W9DTNM
They look like silicon, any idea if they are?

I am searchinfg for silicon blades since I am fed up with bosch Eco which don't even last 1 season.
Surprisingly, bosch ECO were pretty good a couple of years back.
Old 20th September 2021, 09:43   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
They look like silicon, any idea if they are?

I am searchinfg for silicon blades since I am fed up with bosch Eco which don't even last 1 season.
Surprisingly, bosch ECO were pretty good a couple of years back.
I don't know if there are silicon, how to check that? But are much softer than the usual wiper blades, no streaks etc
Old 20th September 2021, 16:56   #1535
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Hello Friends,

Have anyone tried the Blaupunkt Wipers?

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...gle)-Left/189/

Need some honest reviews for the frameless ones.
Just stay away from blaupunkt auto accessories, they are all rebranded chinese low quality product. I have blaupunkt wiper, which I brought for my jetta. But makes lot of noise/jerk when it changes the direction of swipe due to movement near the hinge. Also the rubber quality is below the mark. This forced me to switch to Bosch within 6 days and 6-8 drives in medium rains. Avoid flexi wiper, unless you don't have an option.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 17:46   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Yes, currently using these in our Swift. The packaging was decent but the quality of the rubber blades was poor. They couldn't wipe off something as trivial as a fresh tree sap, ultimately leaving streaks on the windscreen. Also, they are made in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Just stay away from blaupunkt auto accessories, they are all rebranded chinese low quality product. I have blaupunkt wiper, which I brought for my jetta. But makes lot of noise/jerk when it changes the direction of swipe due to movement near the hinge. Also the rubber quality is below the mark.
Thanks for sharing! And I thought I was the only one to have witnessed this poor quality junk. Rubber was eroding from day one, begun leaving streaks after a week and ultimately useless after a month.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 18:33   #1537
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Yes, currently using these in our Swift. The packaging was decent but the quality of the rubber blades was poor. They couldn't wipe off something as trivial as a fresh tree sap, ultimately leaving streaks on the windscreen. Also, they are made in China.

Since I parallelly use a Civic, I felt the OE Wiper Blades (Mitsuba) to be effective, smooth and silent in operation. My suggestion would be to try the below,

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-blad...350mm-6356990/

Make sure to check the compatibility/orientation before placing an order. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Just stay away from blaupunkt auto accessories, they are all rebranded chinese low quality product. I have blaupunkt wiper, which I brought for my jetta. But makes lot of noise/jerk when it changes the direction of swipe due to movement near the hinge. Also the rubber quality is below the mark. This forced me to switch to Bosch within 6 days and 6-8 drives in medium rains. Avoid flexi wiper, unless you don't have an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hi, yes. I am using them on my 2017 Elantra. works flawless. neat. Recommended
Very interesting take within this forum itself.
2 negatives and 1 positive but I also had my doubts.

Thanks all for clarifying it
Old 28th September 2021, 00:16   #1538

Try from here. I have a pretty good experience with these guys

https://www.autofolk.in/wiper-blades-listing-page
Old 30th September 2021, 13:14   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The wiper is holding up well during the last two weeks of Bangalore showers.
The myTVS wiper lasted 2 years, though not much runs through rains due to the lockdown. I wanted to order again, but they ran out of 26" blades in Amazon.

Ordered Mahindra OEM rubber element for both the wiper arms. These are separate part numbers and can be bought off Boodmo.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rubb...o_dr-40578113/
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rubb...t_dr-33070257/

Installed on my old wiper arms. Yet to try it out on rains.
Old 30th September 2021, 17:09   #1540
BHPian

I recently purchased Michelin wiper blades thinking they would be good given the the state of art rubber tyres they produce. My experience with those was extremely horrible and had to revert back to VW OEMs within a month, which I believe are the best wipers I have used, yes the basic framed one. Are the OEM wipers for VW Bosch - which product name in bosh lineup specifically ?
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:21   #1541
BHPian

I would suggest getting bladeless wipers. I have been using mine (3M bladeless) for 2 years now and still going strong. I've noticed that bladeless wipers last way longer than conventional, so you should make your money back over time.
Old 5th October 2021, 19:16   #1542
Team-BHP Support

Just ordered a pair of Bosch Clear advantage wipers from the below link:

https://www.autofolk.in/wiper-blades-listing-page

They seem to stock even the imported blades for BMW, Mercedes, Skoda with the multi pin adapter for cars that don't use the normal U clamp.

Delivery was quick and they have a bunch of other car related products as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:33   #1543
BHPian

For 1st Gen Creta, the rear wiper is I guess 12". Any idea where to buy it from
I checked Autofolk and they don't have it from a reputed brand. Appreciate the suggestions.
Old 5th October 2021, 20:39   #1544
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any recommendation for Hybrid wiper blades for my XL6, size is 22/16. Crysta uses similar type of blades and I loved their looks and wipe.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 7th October 2021, 15:58   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Purchased valeo wiper blades for my Ford Figo from boodmo.
Hi blackbandit, how are you finding the performance of these wiper blades? I too purchased the same set from Boodmo recently for my Ecosport and got a chance to test them on last Sunday.

Experienced heavy juddering of the wipers when it was under heavy rain but got silent when I applied the windshield washer. At one point, I managed some shelter and lifted and dropped the wipers on the windshield but to no avail.

I was using Bosch frameless wipers earlier which were decent but had aged (bought during Ali Express days).

I am considering to give one more chance to these Valeo wipers before deciding to dump them for Ford OE ones or Bosch.

Last edited by srinath34 : 7th October 2021 at 16:00.

Most Viewed