Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 22:08   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
No wiper brand has been able to wipe without juddering after the initial couple of months. I think the problem is to do with the glass itself.
My Nano needed a change of wiper. I bought a Bosch and the juddering started after few days, I got the wiper changed to Hella, juddering has become less, but it has not gone away completely.

I believe , after more than 5 years the windshield is at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My problems with wiper blades doesn't seem to end.
Yeah same with me, after changing 2 new wipers, the juddering and squeaking does not go away.
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:33   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Won't the wiping effectiveness come down if the pressure on the wiper arm is reduced?!

AFAIK, the shuddering happens when the friction between the blades and the windscreen is more (Correct me if I am wrong). May be the coating on the blades are wearing off?

Got myself a pair of Bosch Conventional wipers for my Swift from local accessory store as the Hella Curvo was becoming irritating to drive around with in rain as it was streaking at my line of sight no matter what technique I try. The blades were 10 months on my car.

Happy to get the conventional type. They wipe super clean and smooth in action too. IMO the conventional types are the best for the Swift in all the R&D I have done.
I purchased Curvo for my i20 after reading your review

Looks like i will switch over to conventional BOSCH onces like you. Not worth spending thousands on Wiper blades if the damn thing cannot wipe without jumping all over the glass! After trying out 4-5 options available in the market , these Bosch ones look like complete VFM
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:48   #1143
BHPian

Friends - Please suggest good wiper blades for Punto. Very difficult to source them. Need to drive to FASS to get this. Else any better alternative. Roamed around JC Road. None of them have one that fits correctly.
Old 21st September 2016, 11:07   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Looking for suggestions on a good set of Wiper blades for my Fortuner

I am considering F8 series and Hella from Amazon

http://www.amazon.in/Autofurnish-Pre...r+wiper+blades

http://www.amazon.in/Hella-Blades-2-...r+blades+hella

I had purchased Bosch from Amazon (around 400 INR), it was good for first few weeks, but started laving rubber marks in a month and needs replacement now.
Old 21st September 2016, 12:11   #1145
Senior - BHPian

If you are suffering with wiper juddering even after switching to a new pair, please get the windshield cleaned and polished professionally.
Also check if the wiper you bought is of the correct length for your car, and it has been installed correctly.
Every weekend, please wipe the edge of the wiper blade with a mf towel moistened using quick detailer.
Wipers last longer this way.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:59   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you are suffering with wiper juddering even after switching to a new pair, please get the windshield cleaned and polished professionally.
Also check if the wiper you bought is of the correct length for your car, and it has been installed correctly.
Every weekend, please wipe the edge of the wiper blade with a mf towel moistened using quick detailer.
Wipers last longer this way.
Thanks, it is not juddering, but it started leaving rubber marks after 1 month. Ito clean the wiper blade tip with a towel or hand tissue once in a while, but had never tried the way you suggested and will try it soon.
Old 22nd September 2016, 00:14   #1147
BHPian

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My Nano needed a change of wiper. I bought a Bosch and the juddering started after few days, I got the wiper changed to Hella, juddering has become less, but it has not gone away completely.

Yeah same with me, after changing 2 new wipers, the juddering and squeaking does not go away.

I guess you guys should check the wiper linkage before the motor goes kaput! Just get to a local garage and ask him to check the wiper linkage. A little oil and service will do the trick. Replacing wouldn't be required until the linkage is totally jammed in which case you can opt for a linkage change which is cheaper than an entire change. Garage guys won't take more than 400 bucks and you'll realize the problem is with the linkage (probably) and not the wipers!
Also found that the white weird residue is geese and other particulate matter and I've added a few drops of Pril in the water compartment. I've never had such a clear glass with all these rains

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 22nd September 2016 at 00:17.
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:08   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Bosch Clear Advantage, one for Fortuner was available only in Rediff. Hope I get it right this time

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/b...3314-/19018953
Old 13th October 2016, 16:34   #1149
Team-BHP Support

For my Chevy Sail, I prefer the original stuff they sell at the service center. Costs about 630 for a pair and last a little over year.

Takes less than a a minute to swap them and anyone can do it with just a small screw driver.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 16:43   #1150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
For my Chevy Sail, I prefer the original stuff they sell at the service center. Costs about 630 for a pair and last a little over year.

Takes less than a a minute to swap them and anyone can do it with just a small screw driver.
I guess it is the conventional type wipers that are there on your car, right?

Have you tried Bosch Conventional Wipers that cost 330 a pair?

I am using them on my Swift over the past month or so. Brilliant ones over OEM (₹770) that cost double with life of almost a same.

Do try when the current ones go bad.
Old 13th October 2016, 16:46   #1151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess it is the conventional type wipers that are there on your car, right?

Have you tried Bosch Conventional Wipers that cost 330 a pair?

I am using them on my Swift over the past month or so. Brilliant ones over OEM (₹770) that cost double with life of almost a same.

Do try when the current ones go bad.
Conventional types: Yes.

I just replaced mine today. So there is a year to go before I need to swap them out.
Old 16th October 2016, 16:55   #1152
BHPian

I had ordered Bosch Conventional wiper blades for my Swift (21"x19") from ebay. I have received Bosch ECO (21"x19") [pic attached].
Are these 2 the same? Or am I taken for a ride?
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-bosch-eco.jpg  

Old 16th October 2016, 22:12   #1153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
Are these 2 the same? Or am I taken for a ride?
They are the same. Look at my post that I made when I purchased the wipers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4047909
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 22:24   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
I guess you guys should check the wiper linkage before the motor goes kaput! Just get to a local garage and ask him to check the wiper linkage. A little oil and service will do the trick. Replacing wouldn't be required until the linkage is totally jammed in which case you can opt for a linkage change which is cheaper than an entire change. Garage guys won't take more than 400 bucks and you'll realize the problem is with the linkage (probably) and not the wipers!

Yes, it seems more like a linkage issue or a case of a weak spring in the wiper arm

Instead of taking it to a FNG, why not try a DIY? I performed a DIY on my City when the linkages gave up. I'll leave the link below for reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...onda-city.html
Old 17th October 2016, 07:53   #1155
BHPian

Hello all,

Query on the Celerio wiper blade size:
I have measured with a tape and found the Celerio front windscreen wiper blade sizes are 17" and 21". But I was not able to get this combination in any of e-portal's. Does anybody purchased online? If so, size please.

Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed