Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 16:31   #1276
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Since the OEM size of wipers for S-Cross is 26" / 14", Can some one please comment on wiper performance of 24" / 16"
Have been using the 3M frameless 24/16 wipers and they are in good shape so far. I'm hoping it will last one more monsoon season. Cost was ~1600/-. 3M also has with frames in similar size costing ~700/-

Bosch Clear advantage 26/13 which was installed in Jazz was quite good too, but the car was sold recently.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 22:01   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Since the sporadic rains are on us, I am looking for new wipers for my mom's Verna 4S

Stock wipers measure 23"(DR) and 16"(PA).

I have heard a lot of praises for the PIAA Silicone wipers and that they hold up much better to aging and UV exposure compared to conventional rubber.

I definitely want to try them.

I also found that the wipers on my car lasted a lot longer as she remains under a cover, whenever parked)
Old 7th May 2018, 12:22   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just ordered a pair of myTVS aero wiper blades:

https://www.jazzmyride.com/spare-par...lades-set-of-2

They are pretty reasonable so thought might as well try them out.

The F8 autofurnish looks interesting.
How are the myTVS wiper blades holding up? Was planning to buy them but confused between those and Bosch Clear Advantage.
Old 12th May 2018, 20:27   #1279
BHPian

I applied RainX last week and while driving through heavy rain yesterday I noticed considerable juddering in wiper action. Any advise how to solve ?
Old 16th May 2018, 11:31   #1280
BHPian

Installed myTVS frameless wipers on our Figo. Got the 22" blade for driver side and 16" one for the passenger side. Cost 600INR for the set so not exactly expensive but more than the OEM blades.
Had pretty good reviews on Amazon so decided to give them a try.
The fit and finish seems okay and the blades do look good. The quality of the plastics are not exceptional but definitely not bad. They even came with a cover for the actual blade element. The top has an aerodynamic profile which is supposed to reduce blade lift at high speeds. Not sure about this but the top does have a lip akin to a Gurney flap. This in theory should reduce lift of the blades. Decided to test them out in the rain yesterday.
Initial impressions are pretty good. The wipes are smooth and the operation is very silent. Far more silent than the OEM blades. There are no streaks.
Lets see how they hold up over time.

The blades in their packaging.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180513_164558.jpg

The blades attached to the car.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180516_093637.jpg

Close up of the blades. Notice the lip on the top which is supposed to air aerodynamics.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20180516_093656.jpg
arijitkanrar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 11:42   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I applied RainX last week and while driving through heavy rain yesterday I noticed considerable juddering in wiper action. Any advise how to solve ?
That is the side effect of applying Rain X. It causes the wipers to judder. There is no solution for this.

I have stopped using Rain x for Windshield for 2 years now. I just clay the windshield and change to new wiper blades at the beginning of monsoon season. Works very well.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:07   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That is the side effect of applying Rain X. It causes the wipers to judder. There is no solution for this.
I drove through torrential rain after having applied RainX and it was amazing how well it worked. However, I recently noticed that my less than a year old Hella wipers were juddering.

I thought maybe time to change the wipers but this post caught my attention. Doesn't RainX make the surface even smoother?

I clayed my windshield and had then applied RainX. If RainX is really the cause of juddering then would claying the windshield again make a difference?

EDIT: If RainX really is the culprit then I think its still a good idea to apply it to ORVMs and side windows.
Old 16th May 2018, 15:27   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I drove through torrential rain after having applied RainX and it was amazing how well it worked. However, I recently noticed that my less than a year old Hella wipers were juddering.

I thought maybe time to change the wipers but this post caught my attention. Doesn't RainX make the surface even smoother?

I clayed my windshield and had then applied RainX. If RainX is really the cause of juddering then would claying the windshield again make a difference?

EDIT: If RainX really is the culprit then I think its still a good idea to apply it to ORVMs and side windows.
RainX does not make the glass smoother. It makes it hydrophobic. I would suggest you use a colgate toothpaste before claying to remove the Rain X residue and see if the wipers still judder.

Rain X does not make much difference on mirrors because it relies on wind to blow the rain drops away. Without wind the rain drops still will remain stuck to mirror. However, for Side glasses, it will work great.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 10:35   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
So after some research decided to try aftermarket wipers and ended up buying Hella conventional wiper blades from FlyBHP.com (Link).

About FlyBHP: Had not even heard of this website until now. Was the only one selling Hella wiper blades at reasonable costs. After ordering on February 2nd got the mail confirmation, did not recieve any updates for the next two days. On February 5th got a call from them confirming the size of the wiper blades and I also asked them the date of manufacture of the blades, was assured it was new. Item was shipped next day by FedEx and reached me today. True to their word both the blades were just 4 months old, which is not bad considering they are made in China and imported into India. The packaging was solid with good amounts of foam and no damage whatsoever.
Thanks for your post.

I went ahead and ordered all 3 wiper blades for my car - Hella conventional ones. Paid 554 INR for all three of them, including shipping.

I got a call next day itself from a person in Bangalore who reconfirmed my car model, wiper sizes - front and rear and the wiper design. Then he confirmed that products would be dispatched through Fedex and would reach in 3-4 days.

I received the wipers yesterday and fitted the fronts ones last night. The rear one (Maruti OEM) is close to 3 years old but still does a good job. I will change it sometime later once the monsoons are in full swing.

I haven't got a chance to put them to test yet. But a quick initial observation was that these conventional wipers are lighter than the Minda frameless wipers that I had earlier. The heavy wipers seemed to put extra load on the wipers arms (maybe, and the motor too). While the frameless looked cool, the conventional ones are a better choice for me.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:21   #1285
BHPian

What are the wiper blade sizes for the creta?

Will this product be compatible?
Its size is 24,16

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970100...tVL&ref=plSrch

The rubber of my left wiper blade (if sitting at the wheel)/ passenger side has come off the edge. The metal has scratched the windshield :(.
Old 10th June 2018, 13:52   #1286
BHPian

Had installed the Bosch Eco blades on my Baleno last year after using the stock ones for one monsoon. The stock ones used to screech at the end of the wipe when used continuously and I thought replacing them would help.

But to my utter dismay, these are just the same as the old ones and I find no difference in them. Also the haze that is left after the wipe is very distracting. It definitely does go away in a second or two, but Mumbai rains require constant high speed wiping which does not give them sufficient time to dry.

I do not know what should I do for the haze. I use sunsilk shampoo for my windshield washer and have never used any glass wax because I am not sure how long it will survive with the daily watchman wash.
Old 10th June 2018, 14:21   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
I do not know what should I do for the haze. I use sunsilk shampoo for my windshield washer and have never used any glass wax because I am not sure how long it will survive with the daily watchman wash.
I'd suggest not to use hair shampoo as windscreen washer fluid. It might be good for the hair but cannot be the same for visibility and also the useful life of wiper blades. The haze can also be due to the residue from the lather. Use SC35 or the MGA washer fluid sachet. Getting the oily residue off the windshield will help reduce the haze.

Sometimes due to condensation on the outside surface can cause haze when there are gaps in the weather strip or rubber beading letting warm air from engine compartment pass over to your windscreen (especially when the radiator fan is on and car is doing low speeds). In some cars it is on the outside (Linea for eg) but earlier marutis had a water channel which served both purposes.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 09:25   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Thanks for your post.

I went ahead and ordered all 3 wiper blades for my car - Hella conventional ones. Paid 554 INR for all three of them, including shipping.

I received the wipers yesterday and fitted the fronts ones last night. The rear one (Maruti OEM) is close to 3 years old but still does a good job. I will change it sometime later once the monsoons are in full swing.

I haven't got a chance to put them to test yet. But a quick initial observation was that these conventional wipers are lighter than the Minda frameless wipers that I had earlier.
I faced some light to moderate rain over the last couple of days. Must say the new wiper blades do a very good job without any noise. I haven't got a chance to install the rear wiper blade as the current one still does the job.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 10:33   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2 cents after using expensive premium wiper blades from Hella/Bosch/RainX is that it is better to stick to the basic wiper blades and change them every year at the start of rainy season rather than pay a premium for the 'good' frame-less wiper blades that typically cost around 1000 - 1500 bucks depending the size. Typical Bosch Eco costs around 350 bucks for a pair of front and works superb for nearly 8-9 out of 12 months in an year and if you change it at the beginning of the monsoon, the blades are new and work well when you most need it. And after monsoons the usage also reduces. The summers will degrade the best of the wiper blades and they will start streaking/ juddering/ cracking.

Another point is that most of the frame-less wiper blades are heavier by 30-40% than the conventional ones. This adds extra load to the wiper motor and tends to slow the rate of wiping especially when you use the wiper on continuous mode for a longer period of time. The motor gets bogged down by the weight of the blades.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 11th June 2018 at 11:00.
sagarpadaki is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 14:54   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
Your Estilo's wiper blades seem to be fine. It is the wiper arm mounting & its linkages, which would have rusted / had dust settling on them.
There seems to be some problem with my windshield itself that is causing the sound and jumpy movement.

As suggested by you, I requested my mechanic to remove the wiper arms and clean the base. Before doing that, he wanted to check whether the problem indeed lies there. So he lifted the wipers and switched them on. Both of them moved freely, without any hindrance or sound thereby ruling out the need for opening them.

Yet to zero in on the problem and a solution for the same .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks