Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 10:48   #1441
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

I replaced wiper blades on the V-cross (original lasted over 3 years) and the Jazz (Bosch lasted 12 months) with Valeo Wiper blades.

I had never heard about this brand for wipers but the dealer convinced me. Also since my experience with Bosch was poor I decided to try something new.

This was around a month back and wipers are performing very well so far. The cost of the wipers (2 set) combined was INR 1200/- along with fitting. I do not remember the individual cost break-up. Here is the link for Valeo.

https://www.valeoservice.in/en-in/about-us
tazmaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 12:18   #1442
BHPian

Bad experience with Minda wiper blades in my Ignis. Last year noticed a tear in the 1.5 year old factory fitted blade during rain and ran to the nearest auto accessories shop. They had Minda blades in stock. Charged me around 450/-. But the blades squeak and judder horribly when it rains lightly (or the glass is less wet). I have to spray the windshield wash liquid and the wiper works for some time without any noise. Then it is back to square one.
My windshield is not coated, I have tried cleaning it with Pril, 3M glass cleaner, no difference.
archat68 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 12:54   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I replaced wiper blades on the V-cross (original lasted over 3 years) and the Jazz (Bosch lasted 12 months) with Valeo Wiper blades.
How is the quality and performance of those Valeo blades?

I'm eyeing a pair for my Rapid and would like to hear from you before deciding.
Old 29th July 2020, 13:02   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

Wipes during drizzle or heavy rain are clean and noise free. The quality, fit and finish is good visually. In short term I can say it's good. But any new wiper usually performs well early in the life cycle, I was myself hoping to get a long term review from some one here.
Old 6th August 2020, 21:15   #1445
BHPian

Are these Valeo blades available for Linea?

Purchased a set of wiper blades for Rs 1900 from FIAT for the Linea. The manufacturing date says 2018. The advisor tells me it's fine because it was sealed, stored in shelves at room temperature. End of the day it's a rubber part and will deteriorate over time I think.

Look forward to your opinions.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 01:28   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

I have been using them for last 2 years for my Honda city. Honestly they are very good quality. Infact i am still using my last years blades as they are pretty smooth and soft.
Old 12th August 2020, 12:00   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
I have been using them for last 2 years for my Honda city. Honestly they are very good quality. Infact i am still using my last years blades as they are pretty smooth and soft.
Thanks! Already ordered a pair for my Rapid.

Set of frameless wipers costed me about 490 INR with free shipping from boodmo.

I will update with my initial impressions once I get my hands on them.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 12:28   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post

Purchased a set of wiper blades for Rs 1900 from FIAT for the Linea. The manufacturing date says 2018. The advisor tells me it's fine because it was sealed, stored in shelves at room temperature. End of the day it's a rubber part and will deteriorate over time I think.

Why would you pay 4 times the price of any good wipers that you can get from any parts shop locally? That too when they are 2 years old.
Rshrey22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 12:50   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Why would you pay 4 times the price of any good wipers that you can get from any parts shop locally? That too when they are 2 years old.

My concern was more about the manufacturing date. Still bought and installed them. Super silent and clean operation.

While i have bought Bosch from Amazon, Flipkart for my Ford, Tata, Chevrolet for Rs 350 a set they used to not last me more than 12 to 18 months. The ones that Fiat sells are Ricambi Originali, Made in Germany. The stock set, which is of very good quality lasted me 4 years 8 months with no care. Car always parked in the open even during summers. I used them even on dry days with washer fluid to clean the windscreen when my car cleaner didn't turn up. Similarly, other Fiat users also mentioned about the first set of wipers lasting them as much as 5 to 6 years.

My initial research also told me Fiat uses some different clip for which compatible wipers are not available in the market. So, bought them at Fiat ASS.

They changed a low beam bulb that fused with Ricambi Originali bulb, Made in Hungary for Rs 349. Bosch had many options on Amazon for the same bulb from Rs 125. The tricky part was getting it installed without dust finding it's way in. Hope this lasts me a long time.

Last edited by bharatbits : 12th August 2020 at 13:18.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:30   #1450
BHPian

Received my set of Valeo frame less wipers from boodmo. Product came in well packed but the set was manufactured in 2019.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20200822_151513compressed.jpg

Installation was straight forward. Quality of blades is pretty good and wipes the screen without any streaks.

Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 10:53   #1451
BHPian

Upsized the wipers for my Ecosport.

Stock size - 22" and 16"
Upgraded size - 24" and 15"

I always felt the Ecosport had a small sweep area. Especially when you set the sear to a slightly higher position, there's a good amount of area which doesn't get covered.

Tried various brands and ultimately settled with Valeo. Got a good deal on Boodmo. Frameless wipers look cooler, but you end up losing almost an inch of sweep on each wiper, since the rubber doesn't go all the way to the end.
Old 15th September 2020, 17:19   #1452
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For VW Jetta wipers, please refer to the following post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4886954 (Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review)
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 10:02   #1453
BHPian

Blaupunkt have also started selling wiper blades, using them on our Honda Jazz and E-Class. Very good wipers.

Available online on their website "www.blaupunkt.in"
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 10:58   #1454
BHPian

Quote:

I see the 26" in one Valeo on Boodmo - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-wiper_blade_26-6801437/ though I am not sure of the 15" one.

I did pick up the valeo wipers for my A-star. Haven't fitted it as my Windshield is full of tiny scratches and I am debating between getting it polished or replacing the entire windshield.

That said the Valeo wipers seem to be decidedly superior quality than the basic bosch wipers.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20200630_180223.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20200630_180240.jpg
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 14:00   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Purchased a set of wiper blades for Rs 1900 from FIAT for the Linea.
That's too expensive
On 99rpm its 1650 odd. Link -> Punto Wipers

However, I have user aftermarket wipers (Bosch or Minda) and they are just good enough for 1 rainy season (that too with moderate usage). I looking for a good set of wipers for my Punto. Any review about Valeo or Hella ?

Last edited by nitinkbhaskar : 17th September 2020 at 14:13. Reason: Adding link for product
nitinkbhaskar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks