Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:14   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?

Hi folks, any suggestions on a reliable engine tuning vendor in Chennai? My 5.5 year old Ecosport TDCI is still going strong but I am a bit bored with it and want to give it an engine tuning treatment. I see a lot of posts in this form are about vendors in Bangalore and Mumbai, are there any good ones in Chennai. Googling, I see one called Sarkar Tunerz that claims to deliver locally the Quantum Tuning services, but not sure how good they are.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd March 2019 at 08:16.
Old 2nd March 2019, 17:11   #107
BHPian

Re: EcoSport TDCi: Tuning Box or Remap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi folks, any suggestions on a reliable engine tuning vendor in Chennai? My 5.5 year old Ecosport TDCI is still going strong but I am a bit bored with it and want to give it an engine tuning treatment. I see a lot of posts in this form are about vendors in Bangalore and Mumbai, are there any good ones in Chennai. Googling, I see one called Sarkar Tunerz that claims to deliver locally the Quantum Tuning services, but not sure how good they are.
Your Ecosport will be a straightforward OBD remap. Sarkar is the authorized guy for Chennai for Quantum Tuning, so I would recommend you to get in touch with him for the remap. I have a quantum map in my 1.5 Figo TDCi and the car has been trouble free for almost 2 years.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 23:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Your Ecosport will be a straightforward OBD remap. Sarkar is the authorized guy for Chennai for Quantum Tuning, so I would recommend you to get in touch with him for the remap. I have a quantum map in my 1.5 Figo TDCi and the car has been trouble free for almost 2 years.

Whats the output after the remap? How many kms have you run since the remap? Also, the cost if you don't mind sharing.
Old 9th March 2020, 10:17   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Whats the output after the remap? How many kms have you run since the remap? Also, the cost if you don't mind sharing.

My figo has a conservative 120ps/26Kg-m map on it. It has been around 30,000Km since the remap and I have not faced any issues at all and would definitely recommend this remap.

The ecosport output is around 120Hp and 290Nm and costs around INR 24k.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 22:23   #110
BHPian

I was considering Dieseltronic dual channel for my Ecosport. Since it's a plug n play device, just wanted to know whether it will void the warranty? Also, how reliable is it?
Old 18th April 2021, 11:37   #111
BHPian

Hi Folks.. looking to remap my Fiesta (Global) 1.5 TDCI engine as a 6th year anniversary gift for both of us. Searched the forum and thought I'd piggy back on this thread since the engines are similar.

Thanks to the thread and this forum am leaning towards a remap as opposed to a tuning box.

Question:
1. Recommendations for a good tuner for the 1.5 TDCI in Bangalore
2. What else would be good.to change. Car is 6 years old and I love it so would like to use this opportunity to upgrade things like stock air filter/ tires. (whatever would be complimentary to the remap effort)
3. I don't want this to impact reliability of the car. No risk of breakdowns etc just because I played around with a remap which causes some stress somewhere and car stops in the middle of a highway run.. so anything specific to ask for / mention to the tuner. Or is this a risk I have to assume. In which case I will have rethink my remapping decision.

Thanks in advance.
Nimz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks