Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:12   #16
BHPian

re: DC Design EcoSport

Has anyone spotted ANY of DC's cars on road ?

I think most of his sales are for interior jobs , whilst the externals remain stock. However, As a marketing tool, he probably continues to design the vehicle on the whole.

At-least, this is one of the logical reasoning i can come up with for his weird and whacky external designs - Give freedom to creativity in an area that doesn't hurt the bank balance too much.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:23   #17
BHPian

I agree, the good old DC cars which would make your heads turn are now long gone. Its just left with "interesting" interiors. Most of the "designs" are now hideous to say the least.
Old 23rd December 2013, 23:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Don't know who on earth gives business to DC , His most of the designs i've seen in recent past are too much over done. This one is hideous too. Thumbs down from my side.
Old 24th December 2013, 00:02   #19
BHPian

I actually liked the front end particularly in the color shown. The headlights however does not gel with design. That needs work to give the front end even more sleeker appearance. I didn't like the interior at all.
Old 24th December 2013, 00:21   #20
BANNED

Who on earth sits on the computer table and designs such modifications?!

Like the overall execution but that front grille is too large and LED's look out of place, Fog lamps should have been placed one beside the other rather than one above the other.

Interiors are Ok, bit too much of beige. The AC vent for the rear passengers looks out of place.

God help the ones who buy these pieces of art!

PS: When compared to stock EcoSport what will be the weight that these modifications would have added to the car?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 01:01   #21
BHPian

The oddly placed rear a/c vent has become a trademark isn't it?
I had one question - Agreed the interiors and exteriors look and feel good atleast in the pictures. But what about the actual quality?
Are the materials used for the transformation top notch (leather, light fixtures, wood if any etc.)?
Or is it just all show and no go ?

-Bhargav
Old 24th December 2013, 11:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I think most of his sales are for interior jobs , whilst the externals remain stock. However, As a marketing tool, he probably continues to design the vehicle on the whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik.agr View Post
I agree, the good old DC cars which would make your heads turn are now long gone.
+1
Most of his recent modifications, circulated on internet look good as concept. No one wants to own it, or may be prefers not to drive it on roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Who on earth sits on the computer table and designs such modifications?!

Like the overall execution but that front grille is too large and LED's look out of place, Fog lamps should have been placed one beside the other rather than one above the other.
I think while designing the front grill the designer got inspired by the his/her kid's toffee!

DC Design EcoSport-airdam.jpg
iSpoke is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 16:30   #23
BHPian

Re: DC Design EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
+1

I think while designing the front grill the designer got inspired by the his/her kid's toffee!

Attachment 1181615
Haha. Nice observation about the toffee there. I think the Standard Ecosport is a good looking car with a slightly large front grille. The DC Ecosport looks extremely overdone from all angles.

Do the LED headlamps actually work at illuminating the road or are they just for looks?
Old 25th December 2013, 02:34   #24
BHPian

L.E.D.s are now available in Higher Wattage with High Luminosity which certainly make it possible for headlights to have these installed. one or two premium luxury cars advertised LED headlights, I think BMW/Jaguar.

But as these high power L.E.D.'s are currently expensive, its not easy for them to replace the Low Cost Setup like filament bulbs, H.I.D. and other lights which are cheaper.

Lastly our car manufacturers haven't adopted L.E.D.s in Tail light yet, which is way cheaper than high power L.E.D.s so I think it would need a decade before we see lots of L.E.D. based headlights on Indian Roads.

Being a Do-it-yourself types, I've recently purchased some RED LED, both small ones and high brightness ones, but Its not looking easy to fix them into existing tail lights which is made for normal bulb setup, but I'll try that sometime later for sure.
Old 25th December 2013, 05:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I don't agree with you guys, it at least still looks like an Ecosport!

But DC's transformation of the Thar (below) is beyond any sane person's comprehension!

Attachment 1181540
Good lord. I hope DB sir does not see that.
When this DC guy will run out of money? I am sick and tired of his designs.
Old 25th December 2013, 07:40   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
When this DC guy will run out of money? I am sick and tired of his designs.
When someone on this earth stops buying his hideous designs.

When his staff runs away due to no salary payment.

This guy must concentrate on the interior modification rather than doing both and spoiling the whole thing as a result - 'Jack of all taxes but master of none'!

Anurag.
Old 16th January 2014, 12:14   #27
BHPian

The front looks ok to an extent. If it had actual LED headlights with vertical DRLs in place of the fog lamps, IMO it'd have gelled quite well with the original design which is already a looker.

PETE's Ecosport looks so much better even with those subtle mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Don't know who on earth gives business to DC , His most of the designs i've seen in recent past are too much over done. This one is hideous too. Thumbs down from my side.
I have a strong feeling that they aren't TBHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Lastly our car manufacturers haven't adopted L.E.D.s in Tail light yet, which is way cheaper than high power L.E.D.s so I think it would need a decade before we see lots of L.E.D. based headlights on Indian Roads.
Do you mean Indian car manufacturers haven't adopted the use of LEDs in tail lamps?

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 16th January 2014 at 12:15.
Old 18th January 2014, 19:25   #28
BHPian

At least it isn't as bad as the Thar that he killed. It takes a truly twisted, freaky mind indeed to take one of the most macho designs ever drawn by the hand of man, and make it took like a late 40s milk van (albeit in mango yellow)

As for the Eco sport, the top half of the design works, but the bottom half just doesn't. I think the top line of LEDs are just the DLR+blinkers, and the 'twin fogs' are actually a headlamp and a foglamp.

The bottom half looks like a PS job, especially where the bottom grille just starts abruptly from where the toffee ends. I know it isn't really a PS job, just saying that it looks like one.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 19:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post

PETE's Ecosport looks so much better even with those subtle mods.
PETE'S anyday!

Go home DC! You're too old for this
Old 19th January 2014, 13:14   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I did spot the DC modified duster yesterday. This was in Pune near Nobel Hospital Hadapsar. I had half a mind of saying the person down to take a closer look but then I did not. The interiors looked stock.

Most Viewed