Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 13:41   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
The DRL looks awesome on the Honda City. Did you get them installed after the warranty was over? Somehow I do feel that these modifications may end up voiding warranty. I'm getting the ANHC CVT with extended 4 year Honda warranty so wanted to check before taking plunge..for me it'll just be DRL.

I'll also check with few shops in Bangalore to see if they have ever done something similar.
My city has already crossed the warranty period however since there is no cutting of wires i doubt it will void the warranty. Also personally i feel warranty hassles are very dealer specific and Honda dealers in general do not really cause much trouble in this department.
Old 8th February 2014, 20:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
The DRL looks awesome on the Honda City. Did you get them installed after the warranty was over? Somehow I do feel that these modifications may end up voiding warranty. I'm getting the ANHC CVT with extended 4 year Honda warranty so wanted to check before taking plunge..for me it'll just be DRL.

I'll also check with few shops in Bangalore to see if they have ever done something similar.
I've done this and my car is still under warranty plus I also have extended warranty. Don't think there will be much issue out of it as there are no cuts in any wires.
swapszone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 10:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hi Guys,

I own a 2010 Honda City iVtec which I had been running on HID's for the past 3 years. Finally took the plunge and got installed projectors with DRL's.

This is actually an Angel Eye setup with an outer ring in White Colour and an inner background ring in a colour of your choice. As i did not want a very jazzy look I opted to keep the coloured ring disconnected and keep only the white ring on. The DRL is an LED tube fitted inside the headlight assembly and can be attached in a shape/ design of your choice with clips, I decided to again keep it as simple as I could. The DRLs have integrated turn indicators and turn orange from white when indicators are turned on.

To get the perfect look of the projector ring and the DRL strip the reflector inside the headlight assembly has been painted Matt Black.

Besides improving the aesthetics of the front, the range of the lights is pretty powerful and covers 6 lanes. One flash of the HID's is enough to move aside even the most stubborn of the Mumbai auto rickshaws. My city has suddenly become a head turner, people notice and point even during the day. I have already been almost stopped on the road twice by people asking me what, how and from where?

Few pictures of the set up (iphone pictures hence quality is not very good and also it is impossible to get a pic with the projectors kept on);

Attachment 1199055

Attachment 1199056

Attachment 1199057

Attachment 1199058

Look during the day time;

Attachment 1199059

Attachment 1199060

Below pictures clicked by fellow bhpian TurboTorque during our meet, I am reposting these from the Mumbai Meets thread;

Attachment 1199061

Attachment 1199062

The City to the right is Bhpian Swapzone's which has a slightly different set up;

Attachment 1199063

While i chose to keep the background ring of a different colour disconnected, swapzone has opted for a blue ring. Also the parking lights have a white LED bulb which now even I have installed on my City.

Attachment 1199064

Regards,
VVB

Note to the Mods; Kindly merge into a thread if you feel not appropriate.
This looks fantastic and professional but what I am more interested in is the throw of light and the beam cut off. Are these projectors actually serving the purpose intended? Could you please share the low beam and high beam cut off patterns?
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 10:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The total cost of the setup consisting of the 35W 4300k H4 HID Bulbs + 3.0 inch projector lens with angel eyes + LED DRL's + Matt Black Paint on the Refletors + Fitting, Labour, etc all in all costed 16500k.

The setup was carried out at Concept Car Studio in Powai, Mumbai which is on the JVLR, Opp. IIT and next to Mini Punjab. You can also search for Concept Car Studio on the forum directory i had earlier posted their details.

A great job done by these guys. I am very happy and total paisa vasool.
Hey I have been trying to contact this number - 9892877555 as mentioned in the directory since the past 3 days but no answer. Is there any other number to contact them?

Also, please post the beam pattern and throw of the set up in your car. This would really help us all.

Last edited by Epic : 14th February 2014 at 10:29.
Old 14th February 2014, 14:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey I have been trying to contact this number - 9892877555 as mentioned in the directory since the past 3 days but no answer. Is there any other number to contact them?

Also, please post the beam pattern and throw of the set up in your car. This would really help us all.
The guy just got married.
Give him a few days.
If possible leave him a message on WhatsApp.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
And when you do that, post your experience so that we can follow you I want to do similar stuff regardless of warranty to my SX4 but haven't come across any trustworthy store yet.
I normally get my after market car accessories from a place called Car Trendz on Mission Road. I was speaking to the owner Mr Ritesh regarding the DRL setup and guess what, he himself has been doing it lately . To my luck, he had done for a black Cruze and the car was right there. It looked so awesome. The picture does not do justice so apologies for that. I could not take a snap from rear but that was also completely modified and lights looked as if replicas of BMW 5 series. So if you want to get it done, that is one place I can recommend as I can vouch for his work. No personal gain/interest for posting this
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394642071867.jpg  

Last edited by neel911 : 12th March 2014 at 22:04.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 22:23   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I normally get my after market car accessories from a place called Car Trendz on Mission Road. I was speaking to the owner Mr Ritesh regarding the DRL setup....... So if you want to get it done, that is one place I can recommend as I can vouch for his work. No personal gain/interest for posting this
Thats great! I have also gotten in touch with Evo - Satya and just waiting for a day off from week days to go there and do FXR stage 3/4 mods plus DRLs! But if you can share the contact details or may be point me to directory thread if its there already and i will do the comparison for sure.

Thanks for the help!
Old 13th March 2014, 08:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thats great! I have also gotten in touch with Evo - Satya and just waiting for a day off from week days to go there and do FXR stage 3/4 mods plus DRLs! But if you can share the contact details or may be point me to directory thread if its there already and i will do the comparison for sure.

Thanks for the help!
Can you share details of EVO-Satya ?

Here is the thread for Car Trendz:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ar-trendz.html

They have a total of 3 branches. One on mission road, other on KH road and the third one captured on link above.

You can check with Ritesh/John on mission road branch at 4124 8267 or just google for other branch locations.

Also, when asked from where he sources these lights, he mentioned that some were from Taiwan and other from China.
Old 13th March 2014, 09:52   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share details of EVO-Satya ?
You can get the EVO contact details and their workmanship from here - http://www.evo-blr.com/ You can get in touch with Satya (+91 98453 76094) - number available on their website too.

While I was discussing with him, he had sent me few pictures - attached below. One of them was on Verna, looks stunning! The Civic photos were taken by Siddharth Singh (I guess owner or his friend) while the others were from the Evo store while work was going on I think.

Quote:
Here is the thread for Car Trendz:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ar-trendz.html (Accessories : Car Trendz)
And thanks for pointing me to the Car Trendz thread.

Also, note the directory thread on our forum about EVO here.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394684484143.jpg  

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394684495754.jpg  

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394684505953.jpg  

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394684517172.jpg  

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-1394684527408.jpg  

Last edited by abirnale : 13th March 2014 at 10:03. Reason: Added text after uploading pics from phone.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:32   #55
BHPian

A rolling shot of my City with the Projectors and DRL's

Photo Credit: Bhpian Cartman

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-img_5986.jpg
vvb8530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 15:42   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally I got my headlights done too by Satya @ EVO! A detailed thread is coming up, but here us a glimpse of what is done.

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-drlon2.jpg

The DRL tube glows white all the time and amber when indicators are on. There a white ring around indicator light that spreads the amber light on the entire headlights.

Thanks a ton for sparking off this idea, vvb8530!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 10:48   #57
BHPian

My friend recently got DRLs (no projectors) for his Elantra and I was very happy with the work. In bright daylight, however I did not find them too bright like the ones Audi has. Are folks seeing the same on these after market DRLs or here also you get different intensity ones and would be as bright as the ones Audi has?

He paid around 10K including installation for the front set (2 LED strips, one on each headlight). To avoid voiding warranty, they get activated when parking light (one level of lights) are enabled and they act as blinkers as well during emergency or taking turns.
Old 1st April 2014, 11:30   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My friend recently got DRLs (no projectors) for his Elantra and I was very happy with the work. In bright daylight, however I did not find them too bright like the ones Audi has. Are folks seeing the same on these after market DRLs or here also you get different intensity ones and would be as bright as the ones Audi has?
Yes, the aftermarket tubes aren't very bright like the ones on Audi or XUV or even i20! But if there is a angel eye ring in the lights, its bright - at least noticeable in daylight.

Quote:
To avoid voiding warranty, they get activated when parking light (one level of lights) are enabled and they act as blinkers as well during emergency or taking turns.
Yes, thats good way of doing it. Also if you have the angel eye rings, they come with control units and are connected to ignition with additional precaution to NOT put load on battery while cranking engine. So they are safe.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

This is actually an Angel Eye setup with an outer ring in White Colour and an inner background ring in a colour of your choice. As i did not want a very jazzy look I opted to keep the coloured ring disconnected and keep only the white ring on. The DRL is an LED tube fitted inside the headlight assembly and can be attached in a shape/ design of your choice with clips, I decided to again keep it as simple as I could.
A brilliant setup & worth spending the amount.

Need your help on understanding, where did you got those DRL-LED Tubes &* how much do these cost. Any pointers please !!!
Old 4th April 2014, 09:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, thats good way of doing it. Also if you have the angel eye rings, they come with control units and are connected to ignition with additional precaution to NOT put load on battery while cranking engine. So they are safe.
The angel eye, I believe will look good/possible only if you opt for projector headlights. I'm not too keen on it so with the stock headlights, the only thing possible would be those lines (1 on each headlight towards bottom).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks