Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 14:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You can get the EVO contact details and their workmanship from here - http://www.evo-blr.com/ You can get in touch with Satya (+91 98453 76094) - number available on their website too.

While I was discussing with him, he had sent me few pictures - attached below. One of them was on Verna, looks stunning! The Civic photos were taken by Siddharth Singh (I guess owner or his friend) while the others were from the Evo store while work was going on I think.

And thanks for pointing me to the Car Trendz thread.

Also, note the directory thread on our forum about EVO here.
A little collection, the civic belongs to delhi. And is done by Retro in Delhi and not by Satya. The car belongs to BHP'ian smokin.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:39   #62
BHPian

TBHPians any good dealer in Hyderabad? I am planning to have these on my 2014 Honda City.

Found the below dealer on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/BixenonProjector

Please advise!
Old 31st May 2014, 17:17   #63
BHPian

Hey mate,

I don't know if this is mentioned in earlier posts. Can you share the make of the Projectors, HID bulbs, Ballasts, shrouds and the Wire Harness?

Cheers !
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 22:26   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Thanks guys. I agree with both of you that yellow lights in city driving on well lit roads provides better visibility as in the case of Xenons the white light beam is not very visible under the yellow street lights but you take it on a dark road and its suddenly not night anymore . Now if a road is well lit anyways i did rather have better visibility on a dark road and on the highways, also the flash really helps in getting way.
Man I just bought myself a pair of Philips H4 bulbs of the same stock wattage and was admiring the improvement in light when I stumbled upon your thread.
Before:
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-before.jpg

After:
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-after.jpg

Now I feel I should throw away the bulbs and get this setup done.

One thing I would like to ask you bro, if you don't mind. Do we require any knowledge of the internal workings to be sure it is safe? I have no issues trusting the showroom, but I always feel more comfortable if I know what needs to be done and can compare it to what is actually being done. Anything I should be wary of, to make sure the technicians aren't cutting corners to make a quick buck.

Also, any place in Hyderabad that can perform this kind of setup?

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 14th September 2014, 17:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
So finally I got my headlights done too by Satya @ EVO! A detailed thread is coming up, but here us a glimpse of what is done.

The DRL tube glows white all the time and amber when indicators are on. There a white ring around indicator light that spreads the amber light on the entire headlights.
Hi Abir,

Classy job and looks great (read: cool!) Mind sharing the price? I am planning to visit Satya @EVO this Monday (I have an off) to discuss how to get it done on my Accent.

Also, any of you happen to know if this job can be done at Sachin's Autoshop? I have seen them fitting DRL's on, a couple of times. As its very near to my home, it'll be a boon. I spoke to the owner yesterday, he is quoting me ~6K for DRL's alone, but is recommending against it. As per him, once the headlight assembly is opened, it might cause problems such as fogging inside the unit, etc. later. Is it true? Any of you faced it?
nerd1200 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 19:49   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Nerd - details here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tors-drls.html

The cost was about 32K all inclusive if I remember correct.

Yes, fogging etc is a problem if the job isn't done well. I have been running this setup for months, and no such issues whatsoever! Thanks to Satya's boys for this amazing work.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd September 2015, 06:38   #67
SRT
BHPian

Inspired by VVBs Honda city, I have done the same setup on mine also by hiring a local electrician and a painter. The Total cost for the setup was Rs.12000.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-11709454_10204334372148226_1686316246929570425_n.jpg  

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-img20150724wa0027-1.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2015, 19:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Inspired by VVBs Honda city, I have done the same setup on mine also by hiring a local electrician and a painter. The Total cost for the setup was Rs.12000.
Looking good but if I am not wrong the size of your projectors is a little smaller. What size did you get? Visibility might be an issue with a smaller size.

I have sold off my city by the way :-(
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:30   #69
SRT
BHPian

I don't know the size. But, it is small and a bigger one is available in the market and hence visibility issues are there.

I am planning to upgrade the same and suggestions are welcomed for the best visibility.
Old 10th September 2015, 19:31   #70
SRT
BHPian

Quote:
Looking good but if I am not wrong the size of your projectors is a little smaller. What size did you get? Visibility might be an issue with a smaller size.

Please suggest me the optimum size of projector and HID wattage for Honda City as per your experience.
Old 16th September 2015, 20:55   #71

Hi vvb8530 I have a Honda city ivtec 2009 model. Want a similar setup as your car. Am in Pune and would have to come to Mumbai for this. Concept car powai as per Google is permanently closed. Any guides where n by whom I can get this done. Will be great help as your setup is subtle, practical and stock setup needs an upgrade. Thanks!
Old 16th December 2015, 19:32   #72
SRT
BHPian

Quote:

Mine was 2 inch projector. As per your advice, I have replaced it with 3 inch. But after focussing, the high beam is like low beam and the technician is telling that he is unable to change the position of projector, since it is fixed in to the holder.
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:14   #73
BHPian

Guys, I went through lot of posts but can't get clear answers to these questions. Can anyone help?
1) Any good shop to fit drl for my new Honda city in PCMC area of Pune district?
2) Also does this void warranty in any way?
3) is this legal or will I face cop trouble every now and then?
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Guys, I went through lot of posts but can't get clear answers to these questions. Can anyone help?
Shashank installing the projectors will surely void your warranty even if you leave the original wires untouched.
About the legal part of installing projectors- Non working brake lights and indicators of trucks and trailers is acceptable but a small aftermarket fog light can get you a challan. .
Many bhpians have installed projectors but never reported any issue with the cops. Just make sure that you dont use excessive flash and high beam while driving in the city.

Last edited by Akib Khan : 3rd July 2016 at 12:30.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:56   #75
BHPian

Ok. Thanks Akib. Lets forget projector headlight for a moment.
What about only DRL the aftermarket hella ones ? If I install them near fog lights and not in the headlight assembly, would that still void warranty?
Something like this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3625400

please clarify.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Also, please use proper capitalisation.

Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd July 2016 at 14:41. Reason: Note inline

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks