Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2006, 21:36   #1
BHPian

Accessories for City ZX GXI

I have booked honda city zx gxi from prime honda... i want to know what all i can buy as accessories for my new car? i am considering window visors, belt rest(i will definately buy them as belt edges causes some problem), car cover, gear lock...
should i go for leather seats???
please help me in this as early as possible.. may be the dealer may give me some discount on the accessories(not at all on the car) if i buy them now(very less probability)....
thanks in advance
Old 1st July 2006, 21:45   #2
BHPian

hey

hey there. first of all, i have this personal opinion tht one shud not buy accessories from the company unless u want original.

the accessories which u have chosen are not to my taste. the window visors look very bad on a mid size saloon. u cud go with the sat belt covers.

the company charges around 18k for the leather seat covers while stanley charges 15k. also honda sources its covers from stanley. so u cud directly contact them.

the gear lock i guess is not needed.
Old 1st July 2006, 21:50   #3
BHPian

but window visors help when its raining as it prevent water from coming inside if the window is slightly open.... also it gives some sporty look to the car...
Old 2nd July 2006, 00:40   #4
BHPian

man it rains too little in delhi ! to worry about that. dont waste money by buying stuff from the showroom. there are enough places in delhi were you can get far more cheaper stuff of the same quality also.
Old 2nd July 2006, 07:51   #5
BHPian

so what all you would suggest to me to fit in my car and from where should i get them?
Old 2nd July 2006, 12:29   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Check out accesories shops in Lajpat nagar Behind the HYUNDAI SHOWROOM and also in Karol Bagh! If you dont wanna go to delhi then check out CAR RAUNAQ in Noida Sector 16 Market.
Old 3rd July 2006, 03:14   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

aZa us hould charge the car raunaq guy for free advertisement.anyways to give you a comparison of cost,the door visors cost 2000 from the showroom and Rs500 from an aftermarket shop.the biggest problem with door visors is that if somebody rips one of them you have to buy the whole set again.why dont you get a genuine honda spoiler for the zx it does look good...a must buy is a centre armrest for the front seats.buy from a genuine honda showroom.the quality is pretty good.i bought for my zx vtec and is still going strong.it costs Rs4000.also you can get door sills.
Old 3rd July 2006, 08:54   #8
BHPian

imho, instead of going for ANY accessories from dealers one should go out in the open market and buy whatever he needs at much lesser prices and from a wide variety available.

dealers often keeps their items overpriced and hence they should be avoided.

regarding the window visors, imho, they will spoil the looks of a car like NHC GXi.
if u r worried of raindrops coming in car, better switch on the ac with fresh air and keep it directed to windscreen with slow blower speed.

and my suggestion to you is that you better upgrade your car's tyre as soon as you come out of showroom!
better go for 195 ones as OEMs are 175 i guess and they look too puny in NHC. and go for tubeless ones with bi-directional tread pattern.

also, leather seats do looks very attractive but are yhou aware of their maintenance and discomfort too?

delhi weather is so horrible and hence leathers in car will make you sweat like anything!
so think twice before going for leathers.

also one more accessory is (Reverse) Parking Sensors.
if you are not comfortable with car's dimensions while parking it in tight situations, get them fixed on bumpers' extremities.

and avoid getting trapped in teflon coating for your new car!
Old 3rd July 2006, 12:08   #9
aZa
Senior - BHPian

helli yaar sector 16 market mein raunaq is best guy when it comes to fittment and pricing.... bakki sab toh ....................................... :P and i think u kno :P

One of my friends has put a visor on his CVT and since the RVMs are placed a lil in front of the A pillars u dont get a Blind Spot as its the case with visors normally. SO if u really want it go ahead and get it but do get a lighter shade. But yes as hellspawn said they are stuck using a double tape contortion and are prone to "UNSTICK" themselves and also theft if u dont live in a safe area.
Old 3rd July 2006, 12:35   #10
BHPian

hey dude what all do you want in your car , whats your budget ? what kind of ICE you going to go for. there is a lot of option outside. incase you need help you PM me i can even come along with you help you get them fixed. i think karol bagh is the best place to get it fixed, i know a few really good and cheap place to buy stuff from. anyways what colour
Old 3rd July 2006, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
aZa us hould charge the car raunaq guy for free advertisement.anyways to give you a comparison of cost,the door visors cost 2000 from the showroom and Rs500 from an aftermarket shop.the biggest problem with door visors is that if somebody rips one of them you have to buy the whole set again.why dont you get a genuine honda spoiler for the zx it does look good...a must buy is a centre armrest for the front seats.buy from a genuine honda showroom.the quality is pretty good.i bought for my zx vtec and is still going strong.it costs Rs4000.also you can get door sills.
door visors costs 5000 bucks from the dealer.. its too expensive thats why i am thinking to buy them from the dealer as their quality will be much better imo....
Old 3rd July 2006, 14:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.agl
door visors costs 5000 bucks from the dealer.. its too expensive thats why i am thinking to buy them from the dealer as their quality will be much better imo....
not your fault!
we all indian like to think this way only that costlier items are better always!

just one more and probably last suggestion to you (!), go out and do a li'l survey of open market before giving your cash to that dealer giving you hi-quality stuff at exhorbitant prices!
Old 3rd July 2006, 14:22   #13
BHPian

what would they cost me from open market??
Old 3rd July 2006, 14:41   #14
BHPian

what all should i buy from honda dealer???????????????????? ie which are worth of being bought from a honda dealer...
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the center armrest you should not buy anything from the dealer. There are good shops in Delhi where you can get good stuff like Door Visors, Gear Locks, Leather Seat covers etc. for much less prices than Prime Honda. And the quality (provided you go to the right person) will atleast be as good as the Dealer's stuff if not better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks