Team-BHP - suggestions to mod my city 1.5 exi .. ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   suggestions to mod my city 1.5 exi .. ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14769-suggestions-mod-my-city-1-5-exi.html)

Hi guys,

I'm new to team-bhp and also to this kind of community in general .. so hoping i don't deviate from protocols .. :)

I have just inherited a 1998 city 1.5 exi-s (from my mom) which has done only about 60,000 kms. i'd like the car to look classy and go faster (in that order) .. so the autopsyche kinda job is not my kind of thing .. maybe somthing like the turbocharged black city i saw in one of the threads .. the one with the KL plates.

I'm planning to put 205/50/R15 rubbers along with a new set of alloys.

can anyone help me with some/all of the following: Would love to hear from you guys .. and we'll take it from there .. :)

p.s. what do i do with the current tires and alloys .. they are almost brand new pirelli's :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet
Hi guys,

I'm new to team-bhp and also to this kind of community in general .. so hoping i don't deviate from protocols .. :)

I have just inherited a 1998 city 1.5 exi-s (from my mom) which has done only about 60,000 kms. i'd like the car to look classy and go faster (in that order) .. so the autopsyche kinda job is not my kind of thing .. maybe somthing like the turbocharged black city i saw in one of the threads .. the one with the KL plates.

I'm planning to put 205/50/R15 rubbers along with a new set of alloys.

can anyone help me with some/all of the following:
  • who in delhi would do a good skirt job for this car? (i am fussy about the finish)
  • how much does a turbo job cost .. and where? (in delhi)
  • my car gives abt 10 kpl .. is this ok or less .. how much would the turbo and alloys affect this ..
Would love to hear from you guys .. and we'll take it from there .. :)

p.s. what do i do with the current tires and alloys .. they are almost brand new pirelli's :(

Hi,

Welcome to TBHP/ For starters read the rules and post in the right sections please. Contact Autopysche in Delhi for all your requirements. He is very good at his job and has a lot of satisfied customers. A correct Turbo install would you set you back by a minimum of RS1 lac+++ depending on the components you install & change.

Which tyres(model) and alloys(pics, model no) do you have and what do you expect for them.

Viper

Be it for the side skirts or the TC install suggest u contact arush (autopsyche) .. He should be able to sort everything out for u .. TCing shoule cost u a minimum of 1.5L which includes the cost for the turbo , intercooler , plumbing , injectors , piggy back etc etc without forged internals .. For forged internals expect an additional 40-60k atleast ..

PS : Stock internals can hold upto 8 psi , for anything more u need forged internals ..

manveet there is a lot you can do to make your honda go faster other than turboing which is one helluva complicated and expensive process, and will require you to visit your tuner often.
and een if you intend to spend anywhere around 1 - 1.5 lakhs an engine swap would be a slightly simpler and much more reliable option, with as much or better boost in power.
incase none of the above interest you anymore you could look at a good porting &polishing job, free flow, conical filter (they apparently do get you like 2-3% more power in the form of mid-range). these couple of basic mods would set you back by around 30k and give you something AROUND 15 bhp over you stock 100 bhp which is good enough for starters considering you are not much of a drag strip person.
look up the modifications section for more details of the above mentioned mods.

manson.

go through the following links.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...your-ride.html ---- basic info for turboing

http://www.automechexhausts.com/ -- explains how a freeflow exhaust system works

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-bhpians.html
bhpians leave their feeback on basic mods

manson.

hey manson and others

.. thanks a ton for the info..

i think i'll be using the city for max 1-2 yrs so have decided to keep the car stock and do basic body work such as skirts, low-profiles etc.

I can spend max 15-20k (apart from tires) . so with that kind of minimal budget and basic work, is arush the best option or are there people who can do the same work for less such as pandit & co. or say jatti motors .. ?

manveet.

you could easily manage a conical filter and a free flow exhaust system in about 15k. don't know how much guys in delhi charge for a porting job, in mumbai they range between 8-12k depending on who you get it done from, funny thing being everyone gets its done from a lesser known ONE PERSON.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet
can anyone help me with some/all of the following:
  • who in delhi would do a good skirt job for this car? (i am fussy about the finish)
  • how much does a turbo job cost .. and where? (in delhi)
  • my car gives abt 10 kpl .. is this ok or less .. how much would the turbo and alloys affect this ..

Well if you want your car to go faster, then the Skirts alone wont help much...
with the budget you have, You can go for a conical filter ( K&N ), and free flow exhaust, that will boost the performance a little.... ( instead of Skirts ).....
With this budget i suggest you dont even think of a Turbo my friend....
About the mileage.... With only Skirts, expect no change ;) ... but with the filter and free flow, it all depends on the way you RIDE her....

I too have a City 1.5 EXIS. Can someone let me know the exact model number of the K&N air filter?
Does fitting it also change the exhaust note as told by a dealer?
Maintenance of K&N involves addding some oil at frequent intervals which service station mechanics are not aware of and hence u need to maintain them?is it true?
Is only an air filter advisable or is it better to go for the K&N typhoon kits
Also does K&N make free flow exhausts too?