Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 09:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Yes. that's true. The magnet sticks to the metal frame of window nicely but the lower-end remains hanging. However, my sunshades came with these (attached images) kind of rubber parts, which accommodates sunshade's lower-end nicely.

Attachment 1748546
I am also interested in these sun shades with rubber support , any place in PUNE where we can get it at reasonable price ?
Old 11th April 2018, 17:36   #212
BHPian

Where can we source some good magnetic sun shades for City 2012 version? Summer is real hot and unable to sit inside the car with no sun films during day time.
Old 11th April 2018, 17:57   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am also interested in these sun shades with rubber support , any place in PUNE where we can get it at reasonable price ?

I bought magnetic sun shades from Car Cupid Pashan. If cost me Rs 1300 for my Punto and they are of decent quality.If you want they also have the curtain type sun shade.
Old 15th November 2018, 12:23   #214
Senior - BHPian

Folks, thanks to the discussion on this thread , that I managed to get NSV laser magnetic sun shades for my Vento.

The entire works mentioned at this place.

Uploading few pics for quick reference:-
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20181113_173817.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20181113_173936.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20181114_100449.jpg

Must say, the initial impression has been quite good.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 09:32   #215
Senior - BHPian

I have bought these shades for my Tiago from Amazon. The version I have is for front windows it has a zipper and can cover whole glass. For rear windows no zipper and entire glass is covered all the times.
Question is on the legality. Has anybody faced any issues with cops with them? I am sure cops might see something dark and might stop you to check what that is covering the window. Any updates are welcome before I deploy them on my Tiago.
If these things solve the purpose I will get them for Ertiga as well since I travel a lot with Ertiga and the sun really burns hell out of my right side.
Old 7th June 2020, 00:10   #216

I inquired about the NSV laser magnetic sunshade. Seems like it's very costly. They are quoting 6950 INR for 5 shades with 1 year warranty. Anyone knows the durability and bought it recently?
Thunder70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:24   #217

Looking for recommendation on good quality magnetic window shades for Jeep compass.

Lot of options available on amazon, not able to judge the quality of product.

Please help!
Old 15th December 2020, 21:23   #218
Senior - BHPian

I saw a YouTube video of a guy who got very dark versions of these shades and they look like very dark tints from outside. Anyone seen those yet?
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:14   #219
BHPian

I got the magnetic shades from YJ Traders ( Starmate Sun Shades 9958921057) for my Pajero and Ignis. I think they are based out of Delhi. Fast delivery and looks like good quality. Cheers
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:30   #220
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, bumping up an old thread. Am planning to get these magnetic sun shades on my i20. Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_20210606_212413.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-screenshot_2021060621232020.jpgThey seem fine except for no clear space for vision through the orvm. Anyone has any experience with these? Please share.
Old 7th June 2021, 12:18   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi guys, bumping up an old thread. Am planning to get these magnetic sun shades on my i20. Attachment 2164666

Attachment 2164667They seem fine except for no clear space for vision through the orvm. Anyone has any experience with these? Please share.

Fully covered option:
Pro: Provides better heat insulation in comparison.
Con: Night visibility

Option with OVRM cut:
Pro: Night visibility is better
Con: Heat insulation is poorer and fitting is also a little weak due to partial fit.
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 16:19   #222
BHPian

Just bumping this old thread to post about my experience with Autofact magnetic zipper sun shades on my Figo aspire.

To summarise in short. Better to not go for it. Fundamentally this product may work with those cars that have double wheather stripping on both the doors and car door frame since this sun shade sits between these two strips. However for cars like Figo where the doors do not have any wheather stripping , it is a failure and results in a lot of outside noise and dust entering into the cabin due to the gap created : worst is during rains , water as well enters the cabin dripping.

My suggestion for usage with Figo triplets is to not buy such sun shades.
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_20220213_160755.jpg
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:17   #223
BHPian

Sharing review of Starmate magnetic sun shades which I bought for our XUV700,
  • Cost : 2500
  • Pieces : 7 [Windows of all 3 rows as well as rear glass]
  • Quality : Excellent, the magnets used are very slim and attach to the window frames seamlessly. I have used the ones on Amazon in past but the magnets on those were thick and caused scratches on the paint after some use. The Starmate ones are way better. It helps the cabin remain relatively cool, even when parked under direct sunlight. Also, aids the AC cooling faster.
  • How to buy : Ping on whatsapp +91 99589 21057, once payment is done - they ship PAN India. I got mine in 3-4 days in decent packaging.
The sunshades for the front window are cut perfectly, so that ORVMs are clearly seen and there's no visibility issues for the driver. The rear glass sunshade is not magnetic, but fits in the slot. If you drive at night with lot of traffic then the rear glass sunshade can be skipped if you have a day / night dimming IRVM. This is because with Day Night IRVM anyhow lot of light is blocked when in night mode. All the sunshades can be removed as required. Depending on how you have fit them, you might have to open the door to remove.

PS: I am not affiliated to this business, got the contact from our forum.

Sharing some pictures,
Attached Thumbnails
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1626.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1627.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1628.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1630.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1631.jpg  

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-img_1632.jpg  

Last edited by sapien : 3rd April 2024 at 17:22.
sapien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 09:35   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Sharing review of [b]Starmate magnetic sun shades.
Hi, I am interested in trying this for my new Honda City. Wanted to know if the magnets cause damage to the rubber beading? Leave permanent impression? Are magnets on one or both sides?
Thanks.
Old 4th April 2024, 10:37   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I am interested in trying this for my new Honda City. Wanted to know if the magnets cause damage to the rubber beading? Leave permanent impression? Are magnets on one or both sides?
Thanks.
  • There's no impact on rubber beading, observe the pictures- the magnets stick to painted metal panels.
  • Also, they are on one side only.
If you go for the generic ones on Amazon, they have bigger magnets with uneven shapes which partly come out of the casing and can cause scratches on paint on inside panels - had experienced this on our other car Tiago. But, with Starmate, the magnets are very slim and integrated inside the mesh properly, so doesn't seem they'll cause any damage. Note, its just been 15 days since we are using them.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks