Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 18:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

The most important question remains wether these shades provide cooling to the cabin. has anyone experienced the temperature drop? or is it only of cosmetic value?
Old 24th March 2014, 19:05   #17
BHPian

Description of the product says it will.

Description:
Autofurnish Magnetic Smart and sleek sun shades fit your car's front and rear windows to help keep out the sun’s UV rays and protect your passengers and upholstery from excess light and heat. Magnates on the edges keep the shades securely in place even when the window is down on high speeds. Made with a precise accuracy with exact size of your car window
Unlike conventional window tinting, the shade materials create a layer against the sun's heat. As the glass gets hot, heat radiates off the surface of the window. The window shade material creates a layer that will hold back hot air, allowing the car's AC system to be more effective.
Old 24th March 2014, 19:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

While I like the quality of these shades, it definitely seems much better than the tacky foldable sun screens that are more commonly used, but it makes my blood boil that we have to spend more on trying to avoid the harsh sunlight in India, due to the stupid legal system. While the court mandates the removal of any sun film to prevent rapes/crimes etc., I still don't see the rapes/crimes coming down. I also still see cars of sundry politicians/govt cars with extremely dark sun films, while we ordinary citizens had first paid to install RTO approved light sun film, then had to pay to remove it, and now have to pay for alternatives that are worse off than what we originally had. What a royal mess!
Lalvaz is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 21:28   #19
BHPian

I could not find these magnetic shaded for the new 2014 Honda city, posted a query to them on the same, hope they are put into production. The stay kool nano coating seems to be pretty expensive. These can be used at least as some kind of relief this summer.
Old 24th March 2014, 22:33   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

How do you operate your window with these things on? Isn't it cumbersome to take these out everytime you need to roll down your window for any simple work like buying a mall parking ticket?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 10:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Got these shades today from autofurnish for my fortuner. (dint want to get those Cheapo shades)

Front shades fit like a glove (6 pieces for the fortuner) the mid row ones sit fine but get lose on opening the door and drop.
Its possible that im not seating it correctly.
Nothing a bit of double adhesive wont fix though.

Will try it over the few weeks and give more info on it.

P.S trying to add attachments, having trouble. Will try again in a while.
Hi, Just wanted to check if you could upload pictures with the shades mounted on all the windows? Also, how does it work when you roll down the window to pay toll, or buy a parking ticket at a mall or some other place? I think I saw that question asked in the same thread. Any inputs will prove useful. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2014, 11:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

It turns out to be an inconvenience for the drivers window.
Once the door is closed, its kind of a snug fit between the Door beading and the door.
It can be moved around to an extent but removing it would be hassle. It can be driven with your windows down without a problem.

Daytime visibility seems to be good with the shade on (Drivers side).
vinaydas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 12:11   #23
BHPian

Thanks Vinay. Pictures would be very helpful. The driver window roll down issue seems preventive in a place like NCR, so it's potentially a NO for me!
Old 25th March 2014, 13:05   #24
BHPian

I feel the Question, Is it not Cumbersome to remove the shade every time to buy tickets at Toll gate is still not answered. Would appreciate if your experience is shared.
Nagaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 14:32   #25

Super impressed; these really look good. I've been searching for something that isn't tacky like the roll up / down ones (no offence to people who have this, personal choice or the stick on mats. I've just ordered a set for my XUV. Set of 6 and they cost 3799 + 198 for shiping, so 4k. Will keep you guys updated as I get this and install.
Cheers!
Old 25th March 2014, 15:51   #26
BHPian

Will keep an eye out on this thread for ownership reports. I don't really need it in the city but planning a 10+ day road trip in May and reckon this will come in handy. Thanks.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Dito,

This would be useful for long trips as you are exposed to sunlight for longer periods.
I will possibly only keep the rear windows on for usual city trips.
vinaydas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 12:38   #28
BHPian

Is this available for XUV. Didnt find in the website. I would like to go for it if its available. It looks good.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Is this available for XUV. Didnt find in the website. I would like to go for it if its available. It looks good.
Yes it is available for XUV. Here is the link http://autofurnish.com/p/1337/autofu...-xuv-500-6-pcs

Also read post no #25 in this thread where Driiive! has ordered one for his XUV.

Hope this would help
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would be very keen to hear of reviews as I'm one click away from buying these shades.

However, if cops do stop cars & impose a fine because of these shades, it's not worth the effort. Mumbai cops are very, very strict with their anti-sunfilm drive. 1 out of 3 times that I head out, I come across a nakabandi.

I don't have a problem with the pricing if the product is long lasting. It's cheaper than the entry-level Vkool was.
GTO : This is also available at Hot Tracks in Bangalore link below :
http://www.hottracks.in/Contact_Us.html
The Magnetic shade concept is by NSV and the product is called Laser Shades.
http://www.carlasershades.com/index.htm
These need to be customized for each car and Hot Tracks is yet to do it for the Ford EcoSport.
Another concern is whether the Cops will allow this or not. Not sure of their response to this.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks