Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 10:18   #16
BANNED

The new 2009 Civic in the US/European trim is 140 bhp while in India it is 130bhp. This was probably done to cope with the 88RON petrol (E-II, now to be done away with only by October). With EIII/EIV now in, both with 91 RON for regular (95RON Premium, when it shows up!), I feel the level f tune can be upped to 140 horses. I beleive it is an ECU remap to global specs.

Is it available in India, if so where, and the approximate cost!
Old 7th April 2010, 11:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Aren't the BS4 norms still only for metropolitian cities? I doubt they're going to do remaps when the quality of the fuel available here still depends on which pump you fill up from.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:23   #18
BANNED

@pranavt: BSIV is for 13 cities including the metros (in UP we have Agra, Kanpur and Lucknow). Rest of India is BS-III (or rather will be by 1 October). Normal petrol is 91RON in both BSIII and BSIV with premium (if and when it comes0 at 95RON. Hence a remap should be possible. Even now in BSII cities you can use Premium which is 93RON.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:51   #19
BHPian

Flashpro from Hondata for R18 Civic is due out any time in the month of April.

Once its available from Hondata we can do a remap here itself.
Honda Civic Remap-flashpro_with_obd2_cable_1_1.jpg

@Rush Wait till Hondata launches it, this should be a good option for your Civic, the programming part can be taken care by me.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 7th April 2010 at 22:53.
Ford Rocam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 17:21   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
@Rush Wait till Hondata launches it, this should be a good option for your Civic, the programming part can be taken care by me.
You know, the minute I saw you as the last poster on this thread, I just knew you'd have something for my Civic .

Definitely sounds like a plan. Is it fully customisable? Can we download ready maps & guidelines from sources too? I'm primarily looking at focussing on the low end of the rpm range. Top end is excellent already!
Old 8th April 2010, 22:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

You can share maps. The device will be locked to your car. The R18 FlashPro won't get MAP based tuning for easy tuning for boost, but it should be identical to the K20 FlashPro you see on Hondata's website. See the videos for an idea about what the device can do.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:16   #22
BHPian

Any update on the Hondata for R18? Is it out?
Old 21st April 2010, 09:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

No, not yet. The April release date is for the US R18 Civic (FA1/FG1). We'll have to wait a bit for the one for the FD1, which is our JDM Civic.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the R18 Flashpro for JDM Civic. I guess the US R18 is already released.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:34   #25
BHPian

Check with KIIRUS. They tune all Cars(Petrol and Diesel). I have been searching for my FIAT Punto and they quoted for 22K. Find there mail reply to me.

Kiirus In | ECU Remap, Car Remapping, Chip Tuning, Fuel Economy Tuning

Contact person
Abhishek Mukherjee
95940 60920

Quote:

Hello Ashok,

Thanks for your inquiry. Below is an email sent to Autocar from one our petrol 1.4 linea customers who’s car was tuned after the first article published in the autocar during July on Kiirus. Answers most of your questions.

Regarding tuning your car in Chennai : We tune car personally and each time we write a file, it’s a new one. This is not a dealer or fixed product that is installed. We will plan this out in the next trip soon. For now, we travel east in Kolkata and Delhi up north. If you wish you can also send us the ECU. We remap and send it back same day. Trust me results are 100% and you will not regret. We guarantee ECU safety during programming. Please ship your ECU using safe and reliable courier only.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 22nd October 2010 at 14:35.
Old 8th June 2011, 22:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic Remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Flashpro from Hondata for R18 Civic is due out any time in the month of April.

Once its available from Hondata we can do a remap here itself.
Attachment 324681

Finally some hope for R18A
Can you please explain how does this work?
This looks more like an OBD scanner...
Old 9th June 2011, 02:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

No update yet, sadly. There are 2 options from Hondata for the new Civic ECUs. With one, you can have the ECU remapped by Hondata, the second option involves buying a FlashPro which is registered to one owner and can be used to remap the ECU by anyone who desires. The FlashPro for the JDM Civics hasn't been released yet AFAIK, and not sure if Hondata are/can remap the ECUs themselves yet.
Old 14th June 2011, 20:57   #28
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Finally some hope for R18A
Can you please explain how does this work?
This looks more like an OBD scanner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
No update yet, sadly. There are 2 options from Hondata for the new Civic ECUs. With one, you can have the ECU remapped by Hondata, the second option involves buying a FlashPro which is registered to one owner and can be used to remap the ECU by anyone who desires. The FlashPro for the JDM Civics hasn't been released yet AFAIK, and not sure if Hondata are/can remap the ECUs themselves yet.
I stumbled across a Hondata webpage where they specify the power and torque gains after a Flashpro enabled remap on the R18 stock. IMHO, the gains are pretty insignificant. Similar gains can be obtained by a CAI and FFE. Now along with CAI and FFE the gains can be somewhat better. Maybe a total 10% increase. Which means spending about 700$ for Flashpro, another 40 odd thousand Rs for CAI and FFE to get about 10-12 hp gains. Is it worth it?

Honda Civic Remap-civ1.jpg

Honda Civic Remap-civ2.jpg
Old 14th June 2011, 21:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

You cannot change headers on an R18 head. And the FlashPro is mainly used when you are installing a turbo or full-blown NA mods. Installing it otherwise is not really useful unless you are doing it for some additional features like launch control, etc.
Old 14th June 2011, 21:53   #30
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
You cannot change headers on an R18 head. And the FlashPro is mainly used when you are installing a turbo or full-blown NA mods. Installing it otherwise is not really useful unless you are doing it for some additional features like launch control, etc.
Thats what I thought. Maybe folks with the manual may get some benefit of enhanced low end torque which might increase driveability. For folks with AT (like me), there will be hardly be any benefit.

Edit: from the dyno plot, it looks like the enhancement of low end torque is also pretty insignificant. So really, no one benefits.

Last edited by dot : 14th June 2011 at 21:56.

Most Viewed