Team-BHP - Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/150715-indian-automotive-shops-now-google-business-view.html)

Google maps has recently launched "Indoor View" which enables users to have a 360 degree view of participating shops & establishments.

Users can window shop just at the click of a button. The level of details is pretty cool, good enough to read the model no, price and product description.

Just thought of sharing some automotive stuff found on Google Indoor maps.

Here are few screen shots and map links of few automobile accessory shops I came across on Indoor maps in Chennai.

If you come across some interesting auto stuff on Indoor maps, please share it on this thread along with the shop name, city tag & URL.

Here goes mine:

Note: Click on the shop name below to take you to the 360 degree view on Google maps

Mahavir Car Jewelers, GP Road, Chennai.

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-1.jpg

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-2.jpg

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-3.jpg

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-capture.jpg

Calcutta car decors, GP Road Chennai

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-calcutta.jpg

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-cal-2.jpg

Has anyone come across any such location in Mumbai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICarFreak (Post 3429641)
Has anyone come across any such location in Mumbai?

There has to be many across Mumbai. Just try searching for any familiar accessory shops nearby and you should find it.
I searched for Bafna Cars in Pune and found it pretty impressive.

Bafna Cars, Ghole Road, Pune.

@ispoke: thanks for the link. It sure looks impressive! Here are few screen shots of the store:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140508_105808.png
Views: 7569
Size:  617.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140508_105818.png
Views: 7552
Size:  599.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140508_105830.png
Views: 7492
Size:  630.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140508_105841.png
Views: 7356
Size:  578.0 KB

@icarfreak: just navigate to the auto hub in your city on Google maps and pull the "man" symbol you find on the RHS bottom of the screen and drop it on the particular locality. All indoor view enabled shops will automatically get highlighted. You can just click on it and check out!

Although cool, I don't really see its usefulness unless products are restocked quickly and what good would the same images be after let's say a few months? Great for Window shopping though :-)

This is amazing as an offering by Google. The world is getting geeker everyday, don't know what's coming up next.

Having said that, does it add any value to your purchase decision if you have this view? Not mine for sure. I would not let my car be touched by an owner of a fancy shop with bad record or little experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by createrkid (Post 3429947)
Although cool, I don't really see its usefulness unless products are restocked quickly and what good would the same images be after let's say a few months? Great for Window shopping though :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahwa (Post 3430130)
...Having said that, does it add any value to your purchase decision if you have this view? Not mine for sure. I would not let my car be touched by an owner of a fancy shop with bad record or little experience.

Well.. I would primarily use this to:

BTW... am still trying to figure out how to find indoor view enabled shops on Google maps for Android. While I can follow the above links and get to the indoor view, am unable to make a fresh search for indoor view enabled shops on Google maps for Android/ Mobile devices. Any pointers?

Nice!

This seems like the logical next step.

Unlike Street View where its complex because its moving and inter-linked, indoor maps are standalone and usually based on one viewpoint.

The latest official update of the Android camera (for 4.4+ only) gave ALL users the ability to create PhotoSpheres (earlier it was just for Nexus users). So this makes it easier to create one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warwithwheels (Post 3430835)
BTW... am still trying to figure out how to find indoor view enabled shops on Google maps for Android. While I can follow the above links and get to the indoor view, am unable to make a fresh search for indoor view enabled shops on Google maps for Android/ Mobile devices. Any pointers?

It is just a bonus. The same way as some commercial listings have ratings/pictures, and some don't. Google doesn't give you a way to filter "only show shops with indoor maps" as far as i know.

On android you have to have the latest Maps version, and then it shows up like this (the streetview thumbnail):

Indian automotive shops, now on Google Business View-screenshot_20140509182648.png

cya
R

Thread title is incorrect. The pictures in the thread refer to Google Business View / Google Business Photos (aka think Street View for Businesses).

Google Indoor Maps is an entirely different product in which lets say if you are in a mall, Indoor Maps will tell you where each shop is located, what floor etc.

Google Indoor Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/about/partners/indoormaps/
Google Business View: http://www.google.com/maps/about/partners/businessview/

Google Business View (aka what this thread talks about) was launched in India not recently but in May 2012.