Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 11:10   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Godrej Security launches a 'Car Safe' for Rs. 2500

Godrej Security Solutions unveils Motormate, a car safe to secure valuables inside the cabin.

This product is designed to protect valuables such as cash, wallets, cellphones, credit cards etc. on the go. The safe can be hidden anywhere in the car.

Features:

• The multi strand, braided steel cable makes it easy to attach the safe to various reinforcements, handles, hinges, pillars, legs etc. The safe can be used with & without the cable which makes it a portable safe too.

• The safe allows a wire to pass through, thus letting you charge your mobile, camera and other electronic gadgets.

• The side-slide opening allows you to access the safe properly (unlike a hinged cover).

• Compact: The dimensions are so considered in order to hide the safe in various secret spots inside a car.

• Can accommodate your mobile, camera, keys, wallet, cash, credit cards, detachable car stereo etc.

• Soft inside: The flocked case prevents valuables from scratches, abrasions or any other physical damage.

• The brushed aluminum case conceals exterior scratches, due to usage.

• Motormate is priced at Rs 2,499 and available on HomeShop18, Amazon, Snapdeal, Naaptol, Indiatimes Shopping, Shopclues etc.

Godrej Security launches a 'Car Safe' for Rs. 2500-1.jpg

Godrej Security launches a 'Car Safe' for Rs. 2500-2.jpg
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 11:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Godrej Security Solutions unveils Motormate, a car safe to secure valuables inside the cabin.

This product is designed to protect valuables such as cash, wallets, cellphones, credit cards etc. on the go. The safe can be hidden anywhere in the car.
Thank you GTO for the information on this nice product from Godrej.

Pretty helpful while on long highway trips and in places where parking is a scarcity near the work place so having valuable items inside the car will not let us go around in peace. Such solutions can give some relief to safety.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 15:29   #3
BHPian

Re: Godrej Security launches a 'Car Safe' for Rs. 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

This product ....
Nice to see such innovations in order to increase safety for personal belongings with the ever present threat of theft. This should help people conceal and protect their gear while on long highway trips.
Old 16th May 2014, 15:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly, I don't see much utility in this. Going by the first photograph, the internal dimensions of the safe shouldn't be more than 6" x 4" x 2" - and I can't think of anything that size which I'd rather not carry on my person but hide in a car safe. Things such as my wallet or credit cards, or even a small P&S camera. Maybe a bundle of 1000-rupee notes? Or a few gold biscuits? Naah, if I had them on me, I wouldn't leave that in the car, even inside a safe like this!

As far as the securing system (a braided steel cable) is concerned, someone who breaks into my car would also be equipped with a small bolt cutter that can take care of such a cable. Even the lock does not inspire confidence.

Owners of soft-top Thars might consider these useful to some extent.
SS-Traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 16:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

A biometric version will be more helpful.

Soft tops can derive the maximum benefit.
Cant say much if they drive away with the car as it will be assumed that the safe is holding something valuable.
Having said this, I might end up buying one.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th May 2014 at 16:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks