Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2006, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
try this guys at the linking road petrolpump, supposed to be really good at his job, and has apparently been in the profession since 30 years now. this is the pump bang opp. amarsons,a nd diagonally opp. to shopperstop at linking road.
mind you, this is for art leather only.

manson.
Thanks manson,
know the location.... would be just fine for me.
Cheers,
Old 22nd August 2006, 15:34   #17
BANNED

Hi Sandeep,

I had fitted seat(covers) for my swift, which costed me around Rs.3000.

I know it's not pure leather, coz' pure leather is not available for that cost.

I know it for sure it is artificial leather. but look neat like original leather and very comfortable too..

Beware of these guys & bargain well, coz' they can't give pure leather for that rate.
Old 22nd August 2006, 16:03   #18
BHPian

Well i use Art leather......i do park my car under hot sun but wen i get in the car , its like a furnace!!! As i use AC 90% (xcept nites).....i dont find any probs with Art leather....and S its Cheaper compared to Genuine Leather!! LOL
But i'm seriously thinking of getting Stanley Leather seat covers in another 6 months time.
Old 22nd August 2006, 17:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Unless one fits genuine leather, the feel is simply not there. Most dealers are anyway throwing in art/PU leather for free sometimes or charging 4-6k for it. I would not like to use leather for reasons stated earlier and PU/art material feels a bit like my old padmini rexin and gets very very hot in afternoon.
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:43   #20
BHPian

Great thread guys.
Since many of you guys seem to have either leather/or art. leather, could I get some nos. to how much genuine leather costs.
Art. leather seems to be in the 3-5K range.

Another thing, im not too comfy with the seating (driver + passenger) of my accent. I figured adding leather might make it more comfy - does that make sense? or is there some other way ?
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:47   #21
BHPian

i guess leather is a good option when u have tints or something that keeps the sunlight away..and then when u have cool weather like bangalore and no humidity.....but mumbai if u plan then u must have a second thought as everything here gets mouldy and fugussed when u dont use it even for say 4-5 days because of the humidity..and then u have a lot of bacteria and infections growing in these moulds...and yes the cars feels like real hot furnace on the inside...
if u have made up ur mind then u can go for something like beige or something like that which will not really absorb that much heat as compared to black or tanned leather...but then another shortcoming of beige is that it gets dirty very soon...if u have pets then u have to let go the beige...
the choice is urs!!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:14   #22
BHPian

Original Stanley leather and AC always on.

Never had any smell or fungus during the rains or felt irritated to sit on during the summer.
Old 25th August 2006, 15:55   #23
BHPian

I have art leather on both my cars. With three kids, it's the sensible thing to do. For the driver's seat I use a beaded seat-back, it allows perspiration to evaporate from my back. I find I don't have any problem with the leg part of the seat. My family or other passengers have never complained of any discomfort with the seats.
WIll graduate to real leather when my youngest gets civilised!

Last edited by filcord : 25th August 2006 at 15:56.
Old 31st August 2006, 11:29   #24
BHPian

Art Leather in my Car: Not too bad in B'lore however it gets a little uncomfortable when in Chennai (I kinda frequent there) esp. 'cause the seats get too hot!
Old 31st August 2006, 13:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am actually quite happy that I have not opted for leather. I had to sit in a meeting on a leather chair (yes very real italian leather) for a couple of hours and though I was not the one under stress, even in the cool AC, the underside of my thighs had started sweating by the time the meeting was over. Since I will not use film on the car, I would have had quite a problem during any afternoon drive.
Old 1st September 2006, 20:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Leather ill advised for mumbai weather.Even with the ac on you kind of feel uncomfortable after some time at the wheel.
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yes, unless you sort of put film all around and AC to freezing. Then again vkool in front looked quite hazy/foggy to me and problem is visibility at night, even with light film, since half of 2 wheelers/taxi/auto/LCV/HCV do not bother with lights at all. Putting AC to freezing again becomes somewhat uncomfortable and fogs up my glasses.
Old 5th September 2006, 01:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

dude put the fake leather cost around 2500 really good.no problem no stickyness in heat.no fading nothing of that sort.mine lasted 5years and still goin strong.in time it really looks like leather.
Old 29th January 2007, 16:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have Fiat OEM (Italian Leather) seats on my Petra and I have heavy towel covers on my Lancer...
I have done extensive research on leathers before I decided to go for one in my car. Including visiting some of the factories where these are stiched.

Most of the OEM leathers are of lowest quality leather available and you can get them very cheap directly yourself too. I would not name the company as that would revel the factory, but this was one car in 20+ lakh segment and I saw the leather being used for it. The manager told me that - that kind of OEM leather costs only around 15k.

Advantages of Leather
In hot weather good genuine leather is anytime more comfortable than the fabric. Though fabric is better absorbant, it gives a very warm feeling, whereas with leather is very comfortable.

Easier to Clean - very very imp if there are small kids and family who love to eat drink and play
(also once my car cleaner managed to stain my leather and plastics with a loosely coloured cloth, while with some effort I was able to remove the stain from leather the stain on plastic was hopeless)

Looks much better than fabric (though Art leather copies this, it is actually worst option in comfort area).

It is also easier in adjusting your position

Try driving in Chennai/Bombay with Stanley Nappa leather and you would know what I am saying

Disadvantages
Expensive

Good leather is soft & delicate - I do not know about the cracking part, but it is quiet easily tearable - so some caution is required if you are loading pointed metallic things on your seat.

Putting a good sunfilm is always advisable - as it will save your car interiors, plastics, etc etc from getting spoilt over a period of time.
I have recently got sunfilm installed on my front screen & other windows and you can't even make out that there is a film there...
Old 13th March 2007, 16:06   #30
BHPian

Putting a good sunfilm is always advisable - as it will save your car interiors, plastics, etc etc from getting spoilt over a period of time.
I have recently got sunfilm installed on my front screen & other windows and you can't even make out that there is a film there...[/quote]

Hi,

Can you put sunfilm on the front screen?? which film is allowed so as to avoid paying traffic police every now and then..What is the standard for sun film and which make of the film is good & available easily..

Rgds
Ash

Most Viewed