Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2006, 21:51   #1
BANNED

Power Windows for WagonR

HI I own a wagonR LX 2004.I regret my decision of not buying a Top end version with all the goody features. I am looking to give my wagonr a new set of power windows in the front.My question is what harm will it cost to the engine and can i go for an aftermarket lit ince they are much cheaper.Please advise.
freakyrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2006, 00:13   #2
BANNED

Bro! I dont quiet understand what you mean by harming the engine! Power windows will eat a bit of the battery. That's all. It wont really harm your engine.
Maruti sells nippon as OE. You can get the same outside too. I've got Autocop power windows. It can be connected to the security system and will close by itself when you lock the car.
Get one!
But check if it voids your car warranty.

Last edited by speedzak : 17th July 2006 at 00:18.
Old 17th July 2006, 13:37   #3
BANNED

Thanks dude. I mean whether it will kill pickup on my wagonr. Since you said that there will be a load on the engine.But still good advice. I just hope you can get the price for which i should procure one.
Old 17th July 2006, 14:34   #4
DRC
BHPian

I think you made a good decision, to go for Lx if you had Power windows in mind.

Wagon R comes with front only PW, and the rear ones get left out, and it is near impossible to fit the read PWs with the control to the the drivers seat. That was the main reason to cancel my wagor R booking.

It is possible to fit PWs for all for windows, go get it, cost about 10K~ and yes they can be hooked to the auto cop, which is a added convenience
Old 17th July 2006, 15:18   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
I think you made a good decision, to go for Lx if you had Power windows in mind.

Wagon R comes with front only PW, and the rear ones get left out, and it is near impossible to fit the read PWs with the control to the the drivers seat. That was the main reason to cancel my wagor R booking.

It is possible to fit PWs for all for windows, go get it, cost about 10K~ and yes they can be hooked to the auto cop, which is a added convenience
Thanks.I didnt know that.Also dos the battery life will reduce if i fit pws on all 4 doors.
Old 17th July 2006, 16:10   #6
BHPian

Power windows use power from battery so technically it will reduce the life of your battery. by how much...My guess wld be say a month or so...But then any battery if taken proper care would last for 3 yrs atleast. Do you not fit the music system in your car or you worry that it wld drain ur battery?....stop thinking so much abt your battery. look at the convenience part of power windows. And if they wld have taken a big toll on battery then it wld not be standard on may cars. Go for the 4 dr power windows ...U wont regret the decision :-)
Old 17th July 2006, 19:44   #7
BANNED

C'mon man!
That Engine can move a car weighing nearly a ton. Why worry of moving a few grams of glass? It wont effect your engine. Neither your battery by much. Get an autocop 4 door PW fully automatic. Costs around 12k. 2door model costs 6k.
Old 31st December 2006, 23:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
C'mon man!
That Engine can move a car weighing nearly a ton. Why worry of moving a few grams of glass? It wont effect your engine. Neither your battery by much. Get an autocop 4 door PW fully automatic. Costs around 12k. 2door model costs 6k.
I've got the VXi which comes with PW only on the front??

Can the autocop PW be fitted for the rear windows only???
Old 31st December 2006, 23:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

you can. stay away frm cp as i heard they got sued by autocop guys coz they sold fake autocop stuff!
Old 1st January 2007, 09:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
you can. stay away frm cp as i heard they got sued by autocop guys coz they sold fake autocop stuff!
Thank you for replyin...

One doubt...

CP??? Does it stand for car palace, or car park???
Old 1st January 2007, 10:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thank you for replyin...

One doubt...

CP??? Does it stand for car palace, or car park???
CP I guess it is connaught place .. correct me if I am wrong..
Old 4th January 2007, 15:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
CP I guess it is connaught place .. correct me if I

am wrong..

No, you are wrong. Note the location of CrAzY dRiVeR. He is from Trivandrum, not New Delhi. So CP in question is not connaught place.

@CrAzY dRiVeR
I guess car park is better than car palace

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks