Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Mercedes 3.0 liter M103 engine in a Tata Estate

Guys I need help. The electrician who was working on the car has got an emergency and will not be available for a couple of months. I am trying hard to get someone else to finish the work but no one is ready to take the challenge.

If anyone has a contact of an electrician who can work on such projects please pm me. Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Update:

The electrical work is finished finally! The car now cranks.

Next job:

Installing custom made exhaust manifold since current one doesn't fit in due to space constraints.

Installing the fuel pump and laying new fuel lines

Installing the propeller shaft (Already cut and adjusted)

Next update with video of engine sound.
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Update:

We had a hard time getting the electrical right. Last 2 week we were working day in day out to figure out certain connections. After getting wiring diagrams from various sources, visiting W126 running on same engine etc, we finally made it.

I was worried the ECM was not working. In the end it was one single wire which was cut while removing the engine. The fuel pump was also not working. We got that replaced. Got the exhaust manifold installed (its still missing the gasket) hence diesel like noise on idle.

The radiator has been modified to incorporate oil cooler. The transmission oil cooling system is done.

Currently the radiator plumbing is going on, brake plumbing and power steering work is on. Should be running in a weeks time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Merc Engine trial run compressed.zip (1.59 MB, 339 views)
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 16:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Update:

. Should be running in a weeks time.
Hello Tazmaan, having too much fun in your estate? We are all waiting for updates here!
Old 25th November 2015, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Wow, Tazmaan. Came across this thread while on a trip down memory lane thinking about the Estate. Please do put up some photos, videos and information about the mod. How is the car doing now? What speeds have you managed to hit? Have you upgraded the tyres, interiors, etc?

Looking forward to a response!

Thank you.
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi tazmaan!

Any update on the car? I hope it is serving you well. Cheers!
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hi tazmaan!

Any update on the car? I hope it is serving you well. Cheers!
The car had started running and was at mechanic place when things went wrong. The car was parked on the street and there was VIP movement that day. The car got towed and a lot of issues followed there after.

It was in the impound yard for 20 odd days before I could release the car via by paying a small fine and a hefty gift to the RTO officials. In those 20 days a lot of critical parts got stolen from the car which has rendered the car useless as of now. Parts like battery, ECU, wiring harness and fuel pump got stolen to name a few. Its been sitting ever since.

I am not able to get any time to work on it and my mechanic has not been supportive lately. So I am not sure what the future holds.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car had started running and was at mechanic place when things went wrong. The car was parked on the street and there was VIP movement that day. The car got towed and a lot of issues followed there after.

It was in the impound yard for 20 odd days before I could release the car via by paying a small fine and a hefty gift to the RTO officials. In those 20 days a lot of critical parts got stolen from the car which has rendered the car useless as of now. Parts like battery, ECU, wiring harness and fuel pump got stolen to name a few. Its been sitting ever since.

I am not able to get any time to work on it and my mechanic has not been supportive lately. So I am not sure what the future holds.
Really sad to know about this. Did you try sourcing the stolen parts from elsewhere? Maybe a new mechanic should solve your problem. I really hope you bring your Estate back on the road with the same 3.0L i6 engine.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Sad to know about its current state. I am on of the silent but anxious followers of your thread. Please don't give up. Find another guy and bring the estate to the road soon. All the best.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:46   #25
BHPian

Please let me know fi you require any help with this. I know of a few talented electricians and mechanics.
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has done these petrol engine swaps to Tata 407 for CNG conversion too.
Just out of curiosity, what Petrol engine is used in a Tata 407 for the CNG conversion? Also what petrol engines do the use in the CNG buses and trucks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks