Team-BHP - Supercharger upgrade for Palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Supercharger upgrade for Palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/15275-supercharger-upgrade-palio-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie
Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback on my opinion too.. well it also cleard some of my doubts on the engine transplant !!

Cheers !! ;)

Hey,

Welcome anytime.

Viper

1.2 Palios have almost and in some case, better resale value than 1.6s. Why dont you simply sell the 1.2 and pick up a 1.6?

GTO

i find the little cousin of the palio The UNO a very cute car. it is also good as a second hand car if you want something in a low budget.

can the uno be transplanted the palio 1.6L engine? I had read about it on the fiat forum. Can viper give us a rough estimate about the transplant?

If the modded car works out to be reliable enough, then she would kick out a good power to wt ratio..

please reply........

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionpurple
i find the little cousin of the palio The UNO a very cute car. it is also good as a second hand car if you want something in a low budget.

can the uno be transplanted the palio 1.6L engine? I had read about it on the fiat forum. Can viper give us a rough estimate about the transplant?

If the modded car works out to be reliable enough, then she would kick out a good power to wt ratio..

please reply........

Hi,

Please specify what excatly you want done for me to give you a rough idea. It would be better if you pm or call me.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ego4evr
Hi Guys

Is it possible to remap ECU of a 1.6 ???

Hey, Its not possible to remap the ECU of a Palio GTX ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers
yes..its possible to remap the ECU of a 1.6

Cud you pls tell me where and who does this job ??

Cheers

Guys,

Seeing as how many Palio fans are here, and the abundant passion for modding a Palio, what do you guys say about actually writing to Fiat India/Fiat/TATA-Fiat about all the mod suggestions? Maybe with Team-BHP's might, Fiat might even introduce a special edition Palio with bling wheels, TC etc !

to MAG.. hope what you say comes true some day..

hmmmm......... a stock TCed palio.. that would be so coooooooll..

hope the moderators are reading this and they work out something for all of us..

Yes the palio1.6 ecu can be remapped. Got mine done by a belgian firm DMTuning. Turned out they enrichened the fuel settings to much. We have had to use a apexi safc to reduce the fueling. still in the set up stage but shes performing quite well. Also now my a/c comes on only at 1000rpm. a small price to pay for the performance reward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by passionpurple

please reply........

The day anyone does this, it's going to be a killer on the roads.

Well, the palio 1.2 engine is similar to the UNO 1.2 engine. Only difference being Single point/ central fuel injection and multipoint fuel injection.

If it can take in a 1.7 diesel it can also take a 1.6 petrol I think.

Parts is a major issue with the same.

Only thing to worry is wiring and suspension, but again that can be sourced from the san storm stocks with the company, :) , as it uses the central console and a a lot of other stuff from the UNO.

To give a second thought to it, the 1.9 D engine does come with turbo outside india or even the old 1.7 engine can be turbo charged easily as the siena engine was tehs ame with a turbo charger.

but at the end of the day 1.6 UNO with some good performance mods, low seating and good improved brakes. It's simply a killer.

Best of luck for your project, hope you find the money and the brians to get this dream turn into reality.

Ciao
Samy

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 264790)
Hey, Its not possible to remap the ECU of a Palio GTX ...

Cheers

It is viable but just that the gain in power to the money spent simply doesnt make any sense .

uno1.2 and palio 1.2 dont share the head , the manifold is also different. some internal components are different, the cam chaft, phasing and events are different . the output is 72 for palio and 62 for uno 1.2

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 362954)
It is viable but just that the gain in power to the money spent simply doesnt make any sense .

GTX ECU remapped from DMTuning belgium. can also be done by regal motorsports UK. rational goes out of the window when modding.if you think you can afford the expense [300euros] go ahead. one cant really comment on a mod and its effects until one has actually experienced it. also i ve seen a lot of cash being spent on thrashy exhausts and poor head jobs so sense is relative.

well said Air, its all relative. But a remapped ECU would be essential to ensure that the power delivery would be optimal with better control, given forced induction. How did you get the ecu remapped? did you ship it to them? what about the performance charts? i thought the car is needed to make any of the changes on the ECU?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madan80 (Post 431415)
well said Air, its all relative. But a remapped ECU would be essential to ensure that the power delivery would be optimal with better control, given forced induction. How did you get the ecu remapped? did you ship it to them? what about the performance charts? i thought the car is needed to make any of the changes on the ECU?

yes i did mail my ecu to them from london along with the details of the various mods already done on the car[port polish,exhaust,short ram intake] and other details like the octane rating of fuel that usally goes in and the general driving conditions[ie stop and go traffic etc] in order for them to factor in the changes.the car is not required, just the ecu which is plugged in after the remap. the changes do take about 100kms to take effect[ as specified by DMTuning] as the car beds in to the changes. as far as forced induction is concerned a remap generally require the car at the remapper s to fine tune the diff parameters if it is a factory fitted turbo/superch. but with a N/A conversion you will have to get the remap with the car at the location. too heavy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by air870 (Post 436146)
yes i did mail my ecu to them from london along with the details of the various mods already done on the car[port polish,exhaust,short ram intake] and other details like the octane rating of fuel that usally goes in and the general driving conditions[ie stop and go traffic etc] in order for them to factor in the changes.the car is not required, just the ecu which is plugged in after the remap. the changes do take about 100kms to take effect[ as specified by DMTuning] as the car beds in to the changes. as far as forced induction is concerned a remap generally require the car at the remapper s to fine tune the diff parameters if it is a factory fitted turbo/superch. but with a N/A conversion you will have to get the remap with the car at the location. too heavy?

Where you did your porting, polishing and FFE from ?. Did they make any noticeable change. Did the car had any trouble after mods like quoted by some for palio 1.6 s'.

And after mods (excluding remapping) what difference is there in mileage ?
And what is the difference you felt in performance and mileage after ecu re-mapping ?