Team-BHP - Supercharger upgrade for Palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Supercharger upgrade for Palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/15275-supercharger-upgrade-palio.html)

Hello Speed bufs out there,

I own a 2004 Palio 1.2 NV (Regret for not having bought the 1.6). I want to add a supercharger to it. I am in Bangalore. Can anyone help me with info about where it is available.

I would also like to know if there are any problems in adding this to a Palio 1.2. What is the power boost I can expect and what does it do to the milage?

Thanks,
Maruthi

Havent seen or heard of anyone who has supercharged/Turbocharged their palio as yet!

Speaking about whether the engine can take the boost or not is secondary coz it depends on the amount of boost the engine is made to run with!

European engines are strong engines but cant say what boost palio would be able to handle untill experimented with.

Rishabh, how did u conclude that palio 1.2 engine's are weak??? Have you seen any forced induction tried on these engines??

hi maruthi you drive a fiat? :P

ok, so what all performance boost things haev you tried til now?

I read on cardomain.com that one Abhishek from Mumbai has supercharged is 1.6 to increase the power to 140bhp from the existing 100.

Moreover, the Palio 1.2 available in india has reduced power ouput (72bhp) than the brazilian conterparts which produce 85 horses. Transmission and body in 1.2 is the same as 1.6 which has 100bhp.

So overall, I feel that the car has the potential to take larger power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
ok, so what all performance boost things haev you tried til now?

Nothing more than a K&N.

Quote:

hi maruthi you drive a fiat? :P

Before I bought the FIAT, I was at the Maruti showroom checking out the Esteem. I had to leave my name and number in a register for some testdrive. After I wrote and started walking, the clerk came running behind me.. "Sir you have not written your name and we only sell Maruti here so no need to write the brand name". My friend laughed and I explained that Maruthi was my name :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maruthi
I read on cardomain.com that one Abhishek from Mumbai has supercharged is 1.6 to increase the power to 140bhp from the existing 100.

:Shockked: are you sure about this? Can you post the link to his album here? He is talking about a 40% boost in power with just a supercharger!!

Which K&N? And why dont you look at freeflow iwth hearders and sort. Browse similar threads regarding performance upgrade

@ moral; heard that the old JBL Eyeballer pissed off balenos and sort even with 400kg of ICE equipment onboard. Oh, forget the mileage though.

There is this Fiat forum, forgot the address... search for it on google you'll find it. One of the members runs a performance shop. I remember him saying in post that that the palio engines were made in such a way that the power upgrade you get after all the mods and time spent on the dyno was no worth it. Now all these palios they were talking about had the old sienna front end. So i guess they are the older versions. But not too sure about the current generation engines though.

@ Maruthi - say what, get yourself a second hand GTX. You would get 100bhp and a SPARE car for a little more than what you would spend on a supercharger.

I am no expert at performance mods, but I read somewhere that Supercharger is one single mod that gives maximum gain in power.

And superchargers unlike freeflows or any other mods, can be turned off so that we dont suffer the drop in milage for regular city commuting.

Turn it on when you want to have a blast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre
:Can you post the link to his album here?

Here you go: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/312968
Look at the left pane on the page. I dont know how he concluded that he has 140bhp though. The site does not seem to provide a way of contacting him :-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie
@ Maruthi - say what, get yourself a second hand GTX. You would get 100bhp and a SPARE car for a little more than what you would spend on a supercharger.

God! does it cost that much? You are talking in the 1.5Lakh range! I will not want it if it cost me anything more than 50k. If it does cost 1.5L +, a seconds GTX is a good bet as you say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maruthi
I am no expert at performance mods, but I read somewhere that Supercharger is one single mod that gives maximum gain in power.

And superchargers unlike freeflows or any other mods, can be turned off so that we dont suffer the drop in milage for regular city commuting.

Turn it on when you want to have a blast!

are you taking abt teh Triphase thing?

Quote:

JK, pardon my ignorance. I dont know more details on the supercharger. All I know is that it is usually electrically driven or engine fan belt driven and can be turned off or disconnected.

Hence I am looking at all leads to Supercharger information/availablity/cost, etc...

Quote:

Hi,

I do not think he is talking about that. He is talking about a forced induction Supercharger.

Viper

Just now found some kits on the net:
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/products.aspx?c=115&l=2

the cheapest ones come at 2000 dollars! That is close to one Lakh! I rather prefer a seconds GTX idea if I can afford this stuff.

There are Palio\'s avaialbe in some europian contries comes with company fitted Supercharger. I think UK and Australian version Palio 1.2 are available with Superchanger.