Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 13:24   #46
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
It great to see that you have got almost everything that there is for the Polo. Its indeed one of the best enthusiast hatchback below 10lacs in India. Love almost everything you have done so far.

Except for the leather, I agree with Rana, there is a bit too much of red. Another thing is that the different GTI, R line, WRC decals is portraying a confused look.

Some queries I have for you:

Is the exhaust just a catback or with a downpipe? Did you dyno the car at RRP?

What exactly is the XDS upgrade through VCDS?

How is the bixenon alignment? I had the same headlamps but the alignment was not great even after multiple manual adjustments, it was blinding oncoming traffic as the right was always a tad higher. I guess it was from a left hand drive country. Eventually got the complete RHD OEM GTi setup.

Is the boot flip camera working with the RCD510 or you are using a separate display? Are you getting the phone-book and dialling pad on the RCD510 or just in the cluster?

Did Sugesh do the rear brake installation or was it done by the Coimbatore workshop? How is the braking performance after the upgrade?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi Robi, thanks for your appreciation, I have seen the mods you did and I did mention that you guys have pioneered in modding the GT, so it was a challenge to keep things different and I am happy I could achieve that.

I might or not agree on the interior as the picture is making the red look too loud, infact it is not that loud, it looks like a good blend but at the same time not to flashy. Decals on the door handle, I personally like them, again I think in person or the full side profile click will do more justice.

- It is a full stainless steel downpipe after the cat back done by RRP, retained the original design, also have BMC Italy carbon dynamic box air intake, so the combo is killer,no I haven't done dyno at RRP. infact it was ordered on phone, and I got it installed in Mumbai.
- My Bi-xenon alignment is perfect, there are 2 bolts on the light, one is to raise the height and other is to move left/right which sugesh showed me, I was not happy with the distance of the original light setting, we did it raise it manually for good distance in the night without hitting light on incoming traffic, infact we kept the right side little lower than the left, overall very happy with the lights, I can do night driving all the time, which I prefer the most.
- Regarding the XDS via VCDS, I am not too educated on this, I know there were settings done infront of me, I suggest you speak with Sugesh at vagtune who is a master in this, and he will be in a better position to reply, you can reach him at 09895330033.
- the phone book comes only in the cluster, I order the RCD 510 Delphi for US$80 and not the European spec one, yes the camera will display in the RCD 510, will be installing it this weekend.
- the disc break setup was done in a near by garage sugesh friend, all managed and spear headed under Sugesh supervision, very happy with the breaking now. It perfect no fear at any speed, I know it will stop. I would say improved from stock by atleast 60%.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 19:14   #47
BHPian

Can you please let me know where you ordered the RCD 510 Delphi for US$80. I have been looking around and most with RVC and USB come to US$120.

I am also wondering if you got around installing the flip camera. Is it an OEM camera? Do you mind sharing what it cost.

My car is due anytime soon and would like some of the items from your modifications on my wishlist.
Old 29th August 2014, 23:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hi Robi, thanks for your appreciation, I have seen the mods you did and I did mention that you guys have pioneered in modding the GT, so it was a challenge to keep things different and I am happy I could achieve that.

I might or not agree on the interior as the picture is making the red look too loud, infact it is not that loud, it looks like a good blend but at the same time not to flashy. Decals on the door handle, I personally like them, again I think in person or the full side profile click will do more justice.

- It is a full stainless steel downpipe after the cat back done by RRP, retained the original design, also have BMC Italy carbon dynamic box air intake, so the combo is killer,no I haven't done dyno at RRP. infact it was ordered on phone, and I got it installed in Mumbai.
- My Bi-xenon alignment is perfect, there are 2 bolts on the light, one is to raise the height and other is to move left/right which sugesh showed me, I was not happy with the distance of the original light setting, we did it raise it manually for good distance in the night without hitting light on incoming traffic, infact we kept the right side little lower than the left, overall very happy with the lights, I can do night driving all the time, which I prefer the most.
- Regarding the XDS via VCDS, I am not too educated on this, I know there were settings done infront of me, I suggest you speak with Sugesh at vagtune who is a master in this, and he will be in a better position to reply, you can reach him at 09895330033.
- the phone book comes only in the cluster, I order the RCD 510 Delphi for US$80 and not the European spec one, yes the camera will display in the RCD 510, will be installing it this weekend.
- the disc break setup was done in a near by garage sugesh friend, all managed and spear headed under Sugesh supervision, very happy with the breaking now. It perfect no fear at any speed, I know it will stop. I would say improved from stock by atleast 60%.

Cheers
Can you please let me know where you ordered the RCD 510 Delphi for US$80. I have been looking around and most with RVC and USB come to US$120.

I am also wondering if you got around installing the flip camera. Is it an OEM camera? Do you mind sharing what it cost.

My car is due anytime soon and would like some of the items from your modifications on my wishlist.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post

Sugesh vagtune 09895330033 can help you with the RCD, yes I have installed the flip OEM camera, and its working absolutely fine with the RCD,I will do a short video and post it by end of this week with all the updates that have done in last 15 days. Please bear with me until then.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2014, 21:16   #50

Hey saint. I cant begin to say how thrilled i was to drive your car last week. Absolutely lived up to the hype I'd built up in my head.
Hope to bump into you soon.
Krish Karkera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 10:40   #51
BHPian

Hi Saint,

I do not know how I missed this thread. Went through all the posts in one go. You have an awesome car with very nice mods .

Regards,
Rohan
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 14:54   #52
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified updated

Ok, so it took me some more weeks to complete the list of my mods, as I wanted to be sure of the next set of mods which includes some aesthetic looks and attention to detailing, I hope you guys like it.

More mods executed are:

1. WRC front bumper.
2. WRC rear wing.
3. Red gear knob and hand break cover.
4. German flag paddle shift extension and GTI emblem on steering wheel.
5. Tri color striping.
6.Rear view flip camera functional with RCD 510.
7. I also changed the speakers with Golf speakers, no pics at this time.
8.Key insert cover german flag
9.Hella lights for highway night drives. 500 FF with Philips 100 watts bulbs.
10. Motorsport sticker side view mirror.

Me and my friends also drove down from Mumbai to Delhi and Manali. I covered 4000 + kms in 10 days and it was breeze to drive this car, the paddle shifters are boon on ghats. I thoroughly enjoyed my car and had no issues whatsoever even driving upto rohtang pass, great car and I love her a lot.

Enjoy the pics and I think I am almost done with my baby. but you never know I might land up doing more

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-hella-wrc-3m.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-wing.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-red-gear-n-handbreak-cover.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-paddle-shift-extensions.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-key-ring-german-flag.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-motorsport-sticker.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-manali-rohtang.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rohtang-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rohtang.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-view-camera.jpg  

The Saint is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 16:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Saint, you have done thorough justice to your car. Ive said this before, but you have really achieved a lot and the result speaks for itself, this is probably the best Polo I've seen. The only thing that I would probably not have are those fog lamps and that is just a personal opinion. It probably served you really well while going up to Rohtang Pass. I dont know if this is allowed on the forum, but it would be great if you could tell us how much you actually invested in getting you car to this point?!Even a lumpsum figure would suffice!

One more question, the drive from manali to rohtang is supposed to be really bad. Did you have any issues scraping the bottom of the car?

Last edited by Fullrevs : 19th November 2014 at 16:55. Reason: Add more content.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 16:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saint, you have done thorough justice to your car. Ive said this before, but you have really achieved a lot and the result speaks for itself, this is probably the best Polo I've seen. The only thing that I would probably not have are those fog lamps and that is just a personal opinion. It probably served you really well while going up to Rohtang Pass.

One question though, the drive from manali to rohtang is supposed to be really bad. Did you have any issues scraping the bottom of the car?
thanks mate, yes even I was sceptical about the hella as the shape of the car might not support the hella design, but personally I like them, moreover it is more of a night time requirement and areas where there is no light.

No issues of scraping or anyother whatsoever, my plans was to drive all the way to leh but the roads were closed due to weather, will do it next year.

You can take the car without any hassels

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 17:05   #55
BHPian

2 more shots added, just the usability of lights for people who drive at night, this doesn't mean to make the incoming cars blind though everyone drives on high beam, but on single highway I refrain to use high beam.. one is Yamuna express way which has reflectors and then another is regular highway.. you may see that night driving is not any issue anymore.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-yamuna-express.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-night-drive.jpg  

The Saint is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 11:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
2 more shots added, just the usability of lights for people who drive at night, this doesn't mean to make the incoming cars blind though everyone drives on high beam, but on single highway I refrain to use high beam.. one is Yamuna express way which has reflectors and then another is regular highway.. you may see that night driving is not any issue anymore.
These Hella lights are illuminating the complete horizon. I am also currently researching on this
If possible can you please post some closeup shots of the following
- Switch(to switch on/off) for the Hella. Wanted to know where is it located on the dash.
- Clamp(connected to bumper).
Old 20th November 2014, 12:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
These Hella lights are illuminating the complete horizon. I am also currently researching on this
If possible can you please post some closeup shots of the following
- Switch(to switch on/off) for the Hella. Wanted to know where is it located on the dash.
- Clamp(connected to bumper).
I will click some close up shots, as our roads are bad/worse and I don't have a nudge bar unlike SUV so a tight installation is very important else they will shake and get loose all your monies wasted, the first round of installation didn't give me the perfection, but 2 days back I strengthen the brackets which are connected to the protection bar, I also strengthen the front piece of bracket on which hella is sitting with additional iron piece welded to it, now it wont move even if you bring down the car from mountain

As I have changed the bumper now the switch that you use for fog has become for hella, incase you have fog you can still connect with the fog switch I think that will be the best.

I will try and give you some close up shots by this weekend.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 12:47   #58

Quote:
Few detailing updates, more to come, stay tuned in:
- Rear VW red reflective emblem, following the red and black theme for sporty look.
- Carbon fiber Polo R sticker, tail/stop light spoiler sticker.
- Front DRL in action.
- GT Tail lights in action.

I hope you like these, will post more next week with flip camera and speaker installation pics.

Cheers
Hey ! I have the same Black German baby. Unfortunately a week back some drunk guy on a two-wheeler rammed into me from the behind (out of nowhere). He is fine, but his little stunt has cost me a broken tailight . I always wanted to mod by vehicle a bit. I need a new pair of taillights now. Could you tell me the exact model of the ones you have installed and where did you exactly pick them up from in Mumbai.

Thanks,
JD
Old 21st November 2014, 14:19   #59
BHPian

Great Mods Saint. I am well and truly in awe of your GT after having driven it in Gurgaon.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideepnaidu.12 View Post
Hey ! I have the same Black German baby. Unfortunately a week back some drunk guy on a two-wheeler rammed into me from the behind (out of nowhere). He is fine, but his little stunt has cost me a broken tailight . I always wanted to mod by vehicle a bit. I need a new pair of taillights now. Could you tell me the exact model of the ones you have installed and where did you exactly pick them up from in Mumbai.

Thanks,
JD
Thats sad news someone broke your lights. I ordered and got it from www.vagtune.com you may go here and check out the lights. He has 2 styles available.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks