Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 14:17   #31
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Few detailing updates, more to come, stay tuned in:
- Rear VW red reflective emblem, following the red and black theme for sporty look.
- Carbon fiber Polo R sticker, tail/stop light spoiler sticker.
- Front DRL in action.
- GT Tail lights in action.

I hope you like these, will post more next week with flip camera and speaker installation pics.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-front-drl-final.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-gt-r-line-tail-lights.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-tail-light-sticker-polo-r.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-logo-rear-red-gt.jpg  

The Saint is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 20:17   #32
BHPian

Thats one hot hatch you have…..Kudos to the detailing and the choice of mods. I myself struggling with a big manual tsi in mumbai during peak hours and contemplating to buy the small tsi. Incase I do, will trouble you for details on some of your mods.
Old 26th July 2014, 15:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Thats one hot hatch you have…..Kudos to the detailing and the choice of mods. I myself struggling with a big manual tsi in mumbai during peak hours and contemplating to buy the small tsi. Incase I do, will trouble you for details on some of your mods.
Thanks a lot, and yes manual in mumbai is like spending life in Tihar jail, of course you can trouble me anytime.

All the best and I hope you will make a wise decision and get some relief with auto box

Cheers
Old 26th July 2014, 16:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Incredibly classy looking Polo! I love what you have done with it. Wanted to know what is a maxi dot cluster and what are its advantages vis a vis the stock cluster?
Old 26th July 2014, 16:57   #35
BHPian

Wow your Polo GT looks simply awesome. Read the entire thread in one go. The list of mods in the beginning left me awestruck. Your ride is a clear reflection of your passion for automobiles.
The best thing I liked about all your mods is that your car doesn't shout ' I'm Modded to the brim', even after so many mods your ride looks simple, beautiful elegant and what not
And that detailing job you have done recently is fabulous.
Old 26th July 2014, 19:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Incredibly classy looking Polo! I love what you have done with it. Wanted to know what is a maxi dot cluster and what are its advantages vis a vis the stock cluster?
Thanks for your kind words, regarding the maxi dot cluster the first and foremost think is the upmarket plush look it adds to the car, and their are good benefits of the cluster which aren't there in the stock like:
- the meter has white light dials and the red needle really stands out.
- you can see information in the centre screen of the cluster, if the door is open or the boot, you phone name, with signal bar display, battery, and what media is connected for the phone.
- you get your phone book in the display and all the other phone options like answer, reject, private call or hands free.
- it has a temperature gauge as well.
- digital speedo meter, travel time, avg speed, speed warning, avg consumption, avg speed (for long trips useful if you wanna check). Etc.
- the sound alert of any sensor like lights on, the door is open etc is different, I would say like the audis.

There are lot of benefits of the same, maybe I will click and put pics of all the menus for better understanding.

Cheers.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Saint! Been to RRP recently and met Mac and Thambu. They shared their ordeal in sending you the FFE. :-)

Great car mate. Love what you are doing to her. The POLO R illumination with the rear spoiler looks great.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 29th July 2014 at 12:13. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 29th July 2014, 14:15   #38
BANNED

hi saint,

very nice mods pal. congratulations on taking the GT to another level. not much left to do in the car then. i have a suggestion for your interiors. Since you have gone red/black which is looking awesome by the way, i suggest you take care of the beige parts on the side of the door panels and the beige panels below the front dash so that it's gels with with your beautiful seats. these could be possible solutions...

1. Paint those beige parts black.
2. Paint those beige parts red.
3. Paint the beige door part red and the beige under front dash parts black.
4. See if you can source the black door panel and under dash panels from the current facelift polo trendline/comfortline as they have all black interiors.

attaching a picture of your reference. keep the updates coming. i'm going to borrow some ideas for my GT...
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-224.jpg  

Old 29th July 2014, 23:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hi saint,

very nice mods pal. congratulations on taking the GT to another level. not much left to do in the car then. i have a suggestion for your interiors. Since you have gone red/black which is looking awesome by the way, i suggest you take care of the beige parts on the side of the door panels and the beige panels below the front dash so that it's gels with with your beautiful seats. these could be possible solutions...

1. Paint those beige parts black.
2. Paint those beige parts red.
3. Paint the beige door part red and the beige under front dash parts black.
4. See if you can source the black door panel and under dash panels from the current facelift polo trendline/comfortline as they have all black interiors.

attaching a picture of your reference. keep the updates coming. i'm going to borrow some ideas for my GT...
Thanks for your thoughts and especially guidance how to sort the interior combination, I will try and do it. And you are most welcome for any help that you would need.

Stay tuned as there is more coming
Old 5th August 2014, 17:07   #40
BHPian

a little further update on detailing, though still lot of small stuff is in transit, even the speakers, flip camera and shark fin antenna will reach me by this Saturday.

- Smoke side indicator led amber light. goes very well with Black car.
-WRC red reflective door handle stickers- they look very classy and add the red on the side of the car. very nice and cool they look.

I hope you like them.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-led-smoked-side-indicators.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-side-indicator.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-smoke-side-indicator-lamp.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-wrc-stickers.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-wrc-red-reflective-stickers-door-handle.jpg  

Old 5th August 2014, 17:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Smoke side indicator led amber light.
Just love the smoke side indicator lamps, mind sharing where you picked them up from? Was also looking at upgrading the interior lights to LED, the current interor illumination is far from adaquate. Cant seem to find which bulb size/model/ type I need.
Old 5th August 2014, 17:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
a little further update on detailing, though still lot of small stuff is in transit, even the speakers, flip camera and shark fin antenna will reach me by this Saturday.

- Smoke side indicator led amber light. goes very well with Black car.
-WRC red reflective door handle stickers- they look very classy and add the red on the side of the car. very nice and cool they look.
Although the smoked side indicators look good, the WRC stickers don't look good. IMHO they look a bit out of place on the car.

The rest of the mods look great on the car!!

Cheers
amansanc
Old 5th August 2014, 19:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Although the smoked side indicators look good, the WRC stickers don't look good. IMHO they look a bit out of place on the car.

The rest of the mods look great on the car!!

Cheers
amansanc
Bro the pic is not doing justice to the wrc stickers, neither it's a full range side profile shot, trust me it goes very well with the side profile of the car.

Cheers
Old 5th August 2014, 19:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Just love the smoke side indicator lamps, mind sharing where you picked them up from? Was also looking at upgrading the interior lights to LED, the current interor illumination is far from adaquate. Cant seem to find which bulb size/model/ type I need.
Picked it up from www.aliexpress.com, they have 30000 items for the polo you will go crazy shopping. Be very patient with the shipping time it takes at least 20 days
I got it installed from suresh www.vagtune.in, but I am sure a local accessories shop will be able to help you, sorry I don't know the specs.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 23:25   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

It great to see that you have got almost everything that there is for the Polo. Its indeed one of the best enthusiast hatchback below 10lacs in India. Love almost everything you have done so far.

Except for the leather, I agree with Rana, there is a bit too much of red. Another thing is that the different GTI, R line, WRC decals is portraying a confused look.

Some queries I have for you:

Is the exhaust just a catback or with a downpipe? Did you dyno the car at RRP?

What exactly is the XDS upgrade through VCDS?

How is the bixenon alignment? I had the same headlamps but the alignment was not great even after multiple manual adjustments, it was blinding oncoming traffic as the right was always a tad higher. I guess it was from a left hand drive country. Eventually got the complete RHD OEM GTi setup.

Is the boot flip camera working with the RCD510 or you are using a separate display? Are you getting the phone-book and dialing pad on the RCD510 or just in the cluster?

Did Sugesh do the rear brake installation or was it done by the Coimbatore workshop? How is the braking performance after the upgrade?

Thanks a bunch!
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks