Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 15:50   #121
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

An exciting weekend, an event organised by Volkswagen india and auto car, where they made 10 lucky winners to drive their Polo GT at aamby valley through autocar india website, we had to answer few questions and owner of a GT to participate, I was selected too

Event was organised very well, autocar india had done great arrangements, we all met at dukes at 8 am, where we met all the participants and the organisers, we had breakfast and then left for aamby valley in a convoy, where they had cars clicking pictures and video shoots at various points. maybe this comes on the on air autocar show as well

The event had 3 activities as follows:

1. Quarter mile drag
2. Brake test from 100- 0 in a specified distance (see video)
3. Auto cross- gymkhana style where we had to perform and click the fastest time. ( check out the video)

Black mamba and I performed well, and came first in all the 3 activities.

sharing few videos with all of you. enjoy

cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2015 at 06:07. Reason: Typo
The Saint is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:24   #122
BHPian

Sorry forgot to put the autocross video, here you go, fastest time 1:19:00, winning lap.

The Saint is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:02   #123
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Sorry forgot to put the autocross video, here you go, fastest time 1:19:00, winning lap.
Congrats! Great driving. Love the way you're handling the steering. Smooth as butter and very precise - just how it should be .

The exhaust sounds awesome .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 15:26   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats! Great driving. Love the way you're handling the steering. Smooth as butter and very precise - just how it should be .

The exhaust sounds awesome .
Thanks GTO coming from you means a lot to me, last you appreciated was my Honda Civic I am happy that you liked it.

Happy revving.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:34   #125
Senior - BHPian

Great job Saint! Fantastic steering control and I love the way you are downshifting. Extended paddle shifters a worthy investment.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 00:10   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, and yes manual in mumbai is like spending life in Tihar jail, of course you can trouble me anytime.

All the best and I hope you will make a wise decision and get some relief with auto box

Cheers

Hi, got myself a GT TSi. Can you suggest a good guy in Mumbai who can help me installing an auto dimming mirror.
Old 25th December 2015, 19:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GTO coming from you means a lot to me, last you appreciated was my Honda Civic I am happy that you liked it.

Happy revving.

Cheers
Hi Vikram,

Asking you this since you own both a civic and a polo gt tsi (would have PM'd you rather than posting in this thread but i dont have enough posts, even though i joined up way back in 2008)

So ive been driving a civic 1.8V Manual since 2008. Planning to sell my wifes i10 auto and go for the GT tsi.

Ive always loved driving the civic due to its high revving engine, strong brakes and comfy front seat.

I know you have heavily modded your GT, and both cars are in different segments... but comparing the stock civic with the stock GT, how close is the GT to the civic in terms of the engine, brakes and driver seat comfort and size. I specifically ask about seat size coz i hate the i10 seats which are really small

Thanks!
Old 7th January 2016, 13:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Hi Vikram,

Asking you this since you own both a civic and a polo gt tsi (would have PM'd you rather than posting in this thread but i dont have enough posts, even though i joined up way back in 2008)

So ive been driving a civic 1.8V Manual since 2008. Planning to sell my wifes i10 auto and go for the GT tsi.

Ive always loved driving the civic due to its high revving engine, strong brakes and comfy front seat.

I know you have heavily modded your GT, and both cars are in different segments... but comparing the stock civic with the stock GT, how close is the GT to the civic in terms of the engine, brakes and driver seat comfort and size. I specifically ask about seat size coz i hate the i10 seats which are really small

Thanks!
sorry for the late response as I was travelling.

well not a fair comparison as both the cars are different segment, very tough to comment as a comparison of both the cars. but I will try to make sense to this comparison to my best.

driveability: Polo GT will outclass the civic in terms of power, push, auto gear box (DSG) is a boon, easy to manoeuvre, gt is also high revving and loves when you do that, parking, in traffic etc it will score above civic.
Brakes: civic will be better by a notch than the GT as the Gt comes with only front disks, but if you do good pads and disk in the front you will be at par with the civic braking I believe.
space: definitely civic has more space than the polo gt, but as I said we are comparing two different segments.
Suspension: both the cars I will rate at par, they are soft and comfortable. though on high speeds civic might give you more confidence against gt.
Seats: Civic seats will score above the gt in this department especially the driving width and comfort in the seat, but polo seat will score above civic due to its driving position as its a little higher seating position than the civic.

I hope this helps mate, incase you need further clarification and opinion of your own then do test drive the gt, you will surely love it and buy one.

cheers.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:

I hope this helps mate, incase you need further clarification and opinion of your own then do test drive the gt, you will surely love it and buy one.

cheers.
Thanks Bro... i took the test drive a little while ago and im hooked
nova9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 13:08   #130

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified updated

Quote:

1) I had Bilstein B6 and decided to put the Eibach springs, the match wasn’t pleasing and there was a play in the spring, would not sit on the bilstein b 6 shock seat properly and had some movement with the eibach.

I was trying to achieve a low stance ride and further improve handling while cornering. It didnt turn out to be so good as I had expected, I quickly switched to KW coilover- Street comfort line set up. Boy its one of the best suspension, I have ever used, its got 16 rebound adjustments, and height adjustment.

This gives me the flexibility to choose the height of the car and keep it safe for city and interstate drives. Regarding the drive the car handles brilliantly (no complaints), you can take any corner at any speed and the car just sticks like a glue on the road. Plus the low ride look that you get, a must do upgrade (IMO). (P.S I love the Bilstein B 6 if you are only looking to replace the damper and not springs, it’s a very good combination, corrects the handling by 70% while keeping the height ride and comfort in the cabin as you use stock springs), But KW is another league for driver/enthusiasts.

Cheers
Hi Saint!
Love what you have done with your Polo. Im also interested in getting KW Street Comfort for my GT TSI. Im trying to buy it from Germany as my cousin is traveling there this month end. I got in touch KW Germany but they say they make items against order and there seems to be some confusion regarding which type will suit the Indian Polo. I was wondering if you have details such as Part No, model name etc of the street comfort that is on your Polo. Cheers!
Old 19th July 2016, 13:36   #131

HI

Can anyone suggest me a place to buy an exhaust system for my Polo TSI in Chennai?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th July 2016 at 14:03. Reason: Please avoid typing in all CAPS. Thanks!
Old 14th December 2016, 14:36   #132
BHPian

Hi folks,

so there has been a silence on this thread for quite sometime, as mentioned earlier there is always something happening in the background with Black mamba.

Some mods that were performed and I am ready to share a few as of now, i have changed the wheels and tyres from 16 inches to 17 inches.

To accommodate the BBK i had to change the rims to 17 Inches, The BBK which literally works for me like a ceramic or any other good breaking system we must have experienced in high end cars or super cars (not exaggerating).

very happy with both the mods, let the pic give you an idea of what has been modded. some more damage on the pocket, but i am happy with every penny spent.

Rims : 17 inches OEM GTI rims (import), also did a cquartz ceramic treatment on the rims before installing them.
Tyres: 225/45/17 Yokohama Advance Sport.
BBK- VW motorsports R Cup breaking kit. Had to do 17 to fit the BBK else it will touch, Disk size 304 mm.
Lug Nuts- Also did lug nuts, now its easier to change tyres,

Stay tuned for more coming up news.

Cheers

one pic was missing, here you go
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rim-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rim-2.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rim-3.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-bbk-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-bbk-2.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-final-new-look-tyres.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-bbk-3.jpg  

Last edited by SDP : 14th December 2016 at 17:32. Reason: Merging as requested
The Saint is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 15:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:
one pic was missing, here you go
With the big brake kit how many callipers are you running?
Where did you source?
Cost?
What is the 100-0 braking distance of stock and new one.
Old 14th December 2016, 15:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To accommodate the BBK i had to change the rims to 17 Inches, The BBK which literally works for me like a ceramic or any other good breaking system we must have experienced in high end cars or super cars (not exaggerating).
If Gannu is the epitome of the GT TDI Mods, you The Saint are the measuring bar for the GT TSI buddy

You have pretty much converted your GT TSI into a full blow GTI except for that 1.2 engine under the hood.

And by the way you are going with your GT, I would probably not be surprised if that 1.2 gets swapped to a 1.8 TSI in the near future

Wish you a happy motoring and please post some more...actually lot more pics.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 18:13   #135
BHPian

Quote:

Stay tuned for more coming up news.
Hi The Saint,

Smoked lights in your car look great. Is this paint or film applied on the lights?

Regards.

Most Viewed