Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 15:03   #136
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
If Gannu is the epitome of the GT TDI Mods, you The Saint are the measuring bar for the GT TSI buddy

You have pretty much converted your GT TSI into a full blow GTI except for that 1.2 engine under the hood.

And by the way you are going with your GT, I would probably not be surprised if that 1.2 gets swapped to a 1.8 TSI in the near future

Wish you a happy motoring and please post some more...actually lot more pics.
thanks for your appreciation, true anything can happen if there are people to make it happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
With the big brake kit how many callipers are you running?
Where did you source?
Cost?
What is the 100-0 braking distance of stock and new one.
it is a 4 pot piston breaking system, Ididnt understand what you mean by how many calippers? i was lucky to know someone at VW Motorsports to help me on this, i havent done breaking test, will do once i get chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi The Saint,

Smoked lights in your car look great. Is this paint or film applied on the lights?

Regards.
thanks, its a film applied.

cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 15:36   #137
Team-BHP Support

Wow the car is looking awesome with those wheels. And I'm sure the BBK has improved the braking by a huge margin.

But I'm waiting for a long post of yours with some more info on other mods
Old 15th December 2016, 16:21   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Ididnt understand what you mean by how many calippers?
cheers
Was asking if it has 2/4/6 pot calipers.
4 pot should be good considering the weight of the car.
Old 21st December 2016, 13:54   #139
BHPian

Off late I have observed that when I press the accelerator, the car makes a screeching noise for 5-10 seconds then it disappears. This happens when the car has been driven for at-least 30 mins in stop-go traffic. Strangely it does not happen when the car is on a downward slope. Its only on ascends and flat roads. Anyone faced this and if, a diagnosis experience would help.
Old 4th January 2017, 00:37   #140
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified updated

Quote:
Ok, so it took me some more weeks to complete the list of my mods, as I wanted to be sure of the next set of mods which includes some aesthetic looks and attention to detailing, I hope you guys like it.

More mods executed are:

1. WRC front bumper.
2. WRC rear wing.
3. Red gear knob and hand break cover.
4. German flag paddle shift extension and GTI emblem on steering wheel.
5. Tri color striping.
6.Rear view flip camera functional with RCD 510.
7. I also changed the speakers with Golf speakers, no pics at this time.
8.Key insert cover german flag
9.Hella lights for highway night drives. 500 FF with Philips 100 watts bulbs.
10. Motorsport sticker side view mirror.

Me and my friends also drove down from Mumbai to Delhi and Manali. I covered 4000 + kms in 10 days and it was breeze to drive this car, the paddle shifters are boon on ghats. I thoroughly enjoyed my car and had no issues whatsoever even driving upto rohtang pass, great car and I love her a lot.

Enjoy the pics and I think I am almost done with my baby. but you never know I might land up doing more

Cheers
Great job on the mods, sir! Truly stands out.

Quick question, How did you source the WRC Bumper? I've been looking online like crazy but can't seem to find an answer anywhere!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Great job on the mods, sir! Truly stands out.

Quick question, How did you source the WRC Bumper? I've been looking online like crazy but can't seem to find an answer anywhere!
thanks for the appreciation, i bought the bumper and the rear spoiler WRC from Autopshyce Gurgaon (Arush), you may get in touch with him.

cheers
Old 5th January 2017, 11:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the appreciation, i bought the bumper and the rear spoiler WRC from Autopshyce Gurgaon (Arush), you may get in touch with him.

cheers
Thank you so much, sir! I'll give them a call as soon as i get the car! If it's not too much trouble could you PM me how much it would cost?
Old 18th January 2017, 17:43   #143
BHPian

Hi Saint,

After drooling over your mods for all the time that you have been posting, finally made up my mind to ask you a few questions. (nearly everyone in my friends circle knows the mods your car has because I can not stop ranting about it)

I have a GT TDI, which is all stock except for Yoko S drives and a stage 1 remap by Quantum Tuning.
I drive at least 50kms in a day in NCR. The next upgrades that I think I can look at are brakes, suspension (this confuses me) and a horn!!!!
Am not really so much into a Head Unit upgrade or any aesthetic changes ( have painted the car myself) would really appreciate if you could help this noob with what to do. (if at all)

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:06   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
Hi Saint,

After drooling over your mods for all the time that you have been posting, finally made up my mind to ask you a few questions. (nearly everyone in my friends circle knows the mods your car has because I can not stop ranting about it)

I have a GT TDI, which is all stock except for Yoko S drives and a stage 1 remap by Quantum Tuning.
I drive at least 50kms in a day in NCR. The next upgrades that I think I can look at are brakes, suspension (this confuses me) and a horn!!!!
Am not really so much into a Head Unit upgrade or any aesthetic changes ( have painted the car myself) would really appreciate if you could help this noob with what to do. (if at all)

Thanks in advance.
hey thanks for the appreciation.

well there are lots that you can do on this car, and there is no limit to it.

but with more power, what is important is safe handling, and the stock car is a big miss on that front.

- if you want to lower your car and have a hot stance then you go for a good coilover kit, as you are in Delhi you can manage a coilover kit well, roads are much better than Mumbai. My recommendation will KW (street comfort).

Incase you dont want to lower the car then the best shock upgrade is Bilstein B6 eyes closed, works like magic with the stock springs, it will correct your overall handling by 80 %.

- Breaks- yes it is again a very important upgrade, currently there are not many good upgrades available unless you do a Big Breaking Kit, but then to install that you will have to upgrade you rims to 16 as well. Brembo pads are good but not that good, i was using VW motorsports pad with original disks and they were pretty good, but problem is to source them now.

the above to you should definitely do, and if you still have money to spend then you can do a RCD 510 and speaker upgrade or consider doing good headlight upgrade.

SO you can either try Tarox as a upgrate disk and break pads or try EBC pads with stock disks, please note i havent used both but heard good things about them. I usually recommend things where i have been a user.

I hope this helps.

happy shopping.

cheers,

Last edited by The Saint : 19th January 2017 at 12:07.
Old 20th January 2017, 00:02   #145
BHPian

Thanks Saint,

Suspension- the whole bit sounds a bit greek to me. Have been contemplating either the B6 or Koni, the only doubt I have is that is just a strut change good enough to be calibrated with the rest of the components?
Old 27th January 2017, 14:00   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Saint,

Suspension- the whole bit sounds a bit greek to me. Have been contemplating either the B6 or Koni, the only doubt I have is that is just a strut change good enough to be calibrated with the rest of the components?
i havent used koni on my polo but definitely had the B6 before the KW, you can go ahead and buy the B6 eyes closed, it works like magic with the stock springs and other components of your car.

cheers
Old 31st August 2017, 01:02   #147
BHPian

Hi Saint,
I have these bouts of pampering my car, it actually feels like a relationship where after a few days you wanna do more
From the time that we had our last conversation, there has been an upgrade in the brakes. Switched to OEM replacement Brembo drilled rotors and Brembo pads. Quite happy.
Have also upgraded my music by adding a Rockford Fosgate 4channel amp and bass tube and Vibe tweeters. Liked the stock look of the HU and the quality of the speakers. The added bonus of a better low and high range is keeping me happy till I experience something different.

The itch to pamper my car is back and here I am ranting again. Are the Bilsteins good for a daily drive?
Intelsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 12:41   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Saint,
I have these bouts of pampering my car, it actually feels like a relationship where after a few days you wanna do more
From the time that we had our last conversation, there has been an upgrade in the brakes. Switched to OEM replacement Brembo drilled rotors and Brembo pads. Quite happy.
Have also upgraded my music by adding a Rockford Fosgate 4channel amp and bass tube and Vibe tweeters. Liked the stock look of the HU and the quality of the speakers. The added bonus of a better low and high range is keeping me happy till I experience something different.

The itch to pamper my car is back and here I am ranting again. Are the Bilsteins good for a daily drive?
thats a good list of mods you did, sorry have been inactive here, yes bilstein is very good but it will increse the height of the car in the rear little bit, and knowing polo is already very high from rear that will be one thing you might like or not, its a personal choice, though i did use bilstein, there might be pic in my thread and you will be able to see the height increase.

but handling correction everything else bilstein works like a charm.

cheers
Old 5th March 2018, 15:33   #149
BHPian

Hello friends,

Its been a while and most of you must be thinking this is it, all mods done, but as i had mentioned earlier a silence here does not mean its over, there is always something happening with MAMBA.

so i am happy to share and unviel the new refereshed look to all of you, i know most of you would still say black was better, but with all the uniqueness gone into the car it was time to do something unique with the paint, yes it is a paint job as i personally dont like wraps.

A very talented old friend did the job on this, we took many weeks to decide on the color as i was not happy with many options we discussed. it took a little more time than expected but it was worth the wait, i will let the pictures do the talking now.

Description- cutom paint.
Color name- Tungsten Ferrari Silver with coat of matt.
Rosso Dino ferrari red accents.

we also followed the theme in the interiors, had to strip down the car completely.

cheers and i hope you all like the new look.
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-side-shot-mamba-silver.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-front-3.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-front-4.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-seat.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-dash-board-front.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-door-panel.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-top-1-mamba.jpg  

The Saint is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 01:27   #150
BHPian

Can you just stop tinkering with your car please????

I am serious.

Stop giving others a complex man with the level of detailing you put in. The seats with the red accents. Where and how do you get the patience?

Brilliant it is
Intelsingh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed