Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 14:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Stock multijet engine does not need any periodic fixing related to soot.
Is that so? 1.3 MJD owners might disagree with you - refer "EGR Cleaning" thread in team fiat forum.

Also maruti may be in disagreement with your viewpoint because they recommend EGR cleaning at 30K intervals.

Quote:
If it's a problem caused due to remap (say by the excessive fueling), then that's not a very good remap.
You can ask Anoop about the remap, and he will tell you if its good or bad.

Last edited by Sankar : 31st July 2014 at 14:38.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Sankar. Can you point to the connector in the engine bay to disconnect the EGR that turns the CEL?
Old 31st July 2014, 15:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congrats, Sankar. Can you point to the connector in the engine bay to disconnect the EGR that turns the CEL?
I don't have the photo of my car's engine bay handy so using an image found on google search.

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-egr-vv-1.jpg

You can see a connector hanging loose (above the red square) in the photo. This connector is connected to the EGR valve motor (which has been removed in the photo) and this should be unplugged if you want to deactivate the EGR valve without any remap. Doing it via remap will let you keep the connector plugged in and the changes mapped in.

Picture source and credit:
http://dmandhismarutisuzukiswiftvdi....egr-valve.html
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 16:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Also maruti may be in disagreement with your viewpoint because they recommend EGR cleaning at 30K intervals.
Cleaning something every 30K can not be termed as a problem. It's called routine maintenance. With this I rest my case
Old 31st July 2014, 23:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Sankar. Do you find the remap better than pete's?
Old 1st August 2014, 15:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stock multijet engine does not need any periodic fixing related to soot. If it's a problem caused due to remap (say by the excessive fueling), then that's not a very good remap.
Quote:
Cleaning something every 30K can not be termed as a problem. It's called routine maintenance. With this I rest my case
Something that needs periodic fixing or periodic maintenance which can otherwise be avoided/prevented is a problem. My car my wish

Do you think they will clean the intake manifold and inlet ports on the cylinder head during 30K EGR valve cleaning service schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thank you, Sankar. Do you find the remap better than pete's?
I didn't try the Petes Remap. Should be good.

And as miles are logged on, this is what happens. Worse with a car being driven mainly in city limits. Messed up intake manifold, MAP sensor, inlet ports. Pics credit: rohit_tunga, pemmasg, vijay_khasa @ team-fiat. There are more pics in the EGR cleaning thread over there.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-pipebef.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-pipeaft.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-manibef.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-maniaft.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-mapbef.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-mapaft.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-dsc_0111.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-img_0128.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-img_0117.jpg  

Last edited by Sankar : 1st August 2014 at 15:51.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 11:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shankar,

Waiting for your updates. Brake upgrade is complete ?
Old 25th August 2014, 17:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hey Shankar,

Waiting for your updates. Brake upgrade is complete ?
No Haven't started on it yet. Braking is good as of now.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Installed a magnaflow muffler for faster exhaust gas extraction and installed a local chromed muffler tip to clear the bumper. There is not much difference in sound only a slightly deeper rumble and turbo whistle, more sound wasn't expected because of turbo.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20140827_142822.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20140827_142852.jpg  

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20140802_102543.jpg  

Old 18th September 2014, 22:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Update: 1
The down pipe is now removed from the car as there was a small leak from the flange and there was a small interference issue with the block at one point. Its now returned and awaiting a new downpipe whenever its ready. Now running with catcon body.
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20140725_111558.jpg

Update: 2
Another remap was done by Code6 in my car when they were in Cochin on Aug 30th. I reached Ekm in the evening much later than planned, thanks due to the huge traffic block on the bypass near Kundanur, and proceeded straight to the testing grounds to meet them. Sajan plugged in his kit into the car and went to work and i was driving. The car drove good to me but Sajan said torque could be better and soon took over the wheel and started driving and tweaking and driving again... after a few cycles he seemed satisfied with the performance. I was asked to do a TD and the car was really moving with 4 people on board, but because of the new linear tune (my earlier map had a prominent transition) the car felt less faster, but that was too far removed from the truth.

So fast forward to Sep 9th...

We went for a trip on Aug 9th we took GQ this time too and we had 4 ppl on board with a boot full of luggage. This was the first trip on GQ post the updated map. Since the car was loaded i didn't do high speed runs, but just to check out the top end i decided to do a short sprint on a an empty straight section of the road. Once i got an empty straight I pushed the pedal and saw the needle touching unmentionable speeds on the speedo with ease! I lifted off the pedal as the empty straight was coming to an end and the needle was still climbing although a bit slowly! My run on the same road with only 2 ppl on board was not this fast with the earlier map.

Update: 3
On Sat Sep 13th I put a tuning box in my remapped car It was done just as an experiment and i liked the result eventhough it might be bad for the engine. I borrowed a PSI box from fellow bhpian deetjohn for this experiment.

On Sunday Sep14th did a 230Km round trip in & around TN with my wife and in-laws - total 5 on board. Combined with the remap the most prominent thing i noticed was strong low end torque, also gave it some stick and loved the way the car took off. Was checking the mirrors for smoke and there was smoke when i stomped on the throttle when the car was in a higher gear at lower RPM and speed (in short -> when i was lugging it). If i didn't stomp on the pedal and used the correct gears for the speed and RPM smoke wasn't much noticeable. When going full on there was some smoke but not too much, i asked the rear pax to check smoke levels and they reported it being "like before". Didn't go WOT in 4th or 5th. When driving sedately in city there is no smoke, unless i push the pedal in wrong gear at wrong RPM.

I bought the box from deet, planning to keep it with me even when i take it off the car eventually.
Old 29th September 2014, 16:57   #26
BHPian

Dude, could you get an exhaust clip, would love to hear how the 1.3 mjd sounds with a magnaflow. Btw, progress on your build looks sweet, what's the plan for the short term and long term regarding tuning?
Old 9th October 2014, 19:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Maruti discontinued providing oil coolers in the Swift/75BHP tune of MJD sometime in the past. To the best of my knowledge this change happened even before the new Swift rolled out. My Swift didn' have it either so i decided to get one installed as the car is running a higher state of tune compared to stock. Maruti has retained the oil cooler in the Ertiga/90BHP tune of MJD, so that is a reason why i decided to have it too. The installation was done at Popular Maruti and they did a good job.

Swift Oil Cooler Assembly without Heat exchanger core
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20140930_154438.jpg

Ertiga's/SX4 Oil Cooler Assembly with Heat exchanger core (box like thing)
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20141004_162647.jpg

Installed in Swift
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20141009_180836.jpg

The 90BHP version's heat exchanger is slightly larger (looks like it has 2 more cores) than the 75BHP model, so decided to go for it instead of the 75BHP cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
Dude, could you get an exhaust clip, would love to hear how the 1.3 mjd sounds with a magnaflow. Btw, progress on your build looks sweet, what's the plan for the short term and long term regarding tuning?
Thanks. I'll try to get an exhaust clip. The sound variation is minor when at city speeds, at higher speeds or when accelarating quickly it sounds like a big "whoosh" to me in the drivers seat.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 20:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Swift Oil Cooler Assembly without Heat exchanger core
Attachment 1297273
Excellent thread. Your swift must be a hoot to drive.

Can you post few pictures of the stock cooler(in-particular the rear side) ?
The four protrusions/circular bumps on cooler looks like the points where the oil and coolant enters and leaves the heat exhanger and these points may have joint/welds which could potentially leak as it separates the different layers of fins, oil and coolant.

Last edited by interc00led : 9th October 2014 at 20:37.
Old 9th October 2014, 22:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Excellent thread. Your swift must be a hoot to drive.

Can you post few pictures of the stock cooler(in-particular the rear side) ?
The four protrusions/circular bumps on cooler looks like the points where the oil and coolant enters and leaves the heat exhanger and these points may have joint/welds which could potentially leak as it separates the different layers of fins, oil and coolant.
Do you ask for the photos of the back side of the heat exchanger core or the back side of the complete filter assembly? If it's the former then i don't have it as it comes prebuilt as a unit and i don't want to unbolt the core from the assembly and risk a leakage. If its the latter, that is the back side of the whole assembly then see below, it is the same for both.
Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20141004_162704.jpg
Old 20th October 2014, 17:46   #30
BHPian

Had an opportunity to drive @shankar's code 6 tuned swift.The machine was with no catcon & EGR+ added magnaflow and a petes tuning box(yes in-addition with remap)Press the pedal-WOW!!!, the thing got enormous low end torque.Even in 3rd it pulls like a V6 is placed under the hood.Upto 3.5k rpm a lot of boost is produced(And smoke too ).Dint find enough Stretch to drive more past 3.5k rpm,but im sure it is far above a stock cruze or remapped I20.Another thing is dint felt any turbo lag even under light foot in traffic
tikku.dk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks