Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 23:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I knw boss. Saving 4.5k for my XIng
Including plumbing it will cost 6K. Check out this link.
Old 26th July 2006, 00:10   #17
BHPian

So does anyone know about the cold air intake kits that come from K&N , can the same product be fitted in india
Old 5th April 2014, 05:24   #18

Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Hi,
I believe I am almost 8 years too late into this discussion but can anyone please tell me where to get K&N filters and freeflow exhaust assembly for my model 2000 Santro, 1L in delhi? preferably South Delhi.

My car has been passed onto me from my father after 1.8+ lac kms, but she still goes very nicely (thanks to proper maintenance), and although we have plans for an addition to the garage, after almost 15 years of faithful service I intend to keep my peppy car with me.

p.s. This is my first post, please point out any mistakes, i'l try not to repeat them.
Old 5th April 2014, 11:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwindows View Post
Hi,
I believe I am almost 8 years too late into this discussion but can anyone please tell me where to get K&N filters and freeflow exhaust assembly for my model 2000 Santro, 1L in delhi? preferably South Delhi.

My car has been passed onto me from my father after 1.8+ lac kms, but she still goes very nicely (thanks to proper maintenance), and although we have plans for an addition to the garage, after almost 15 years of faithful service I intend to keep my peppy car with me.

p.s. This is my first post, please point out any mistakes, i'l try not to repeat them.
No mistakes man. You can get a good freeflow done at SpeedSport Chattarpur. But, they will take quite a long time. You can also check at Automech's dealer at Karol Bagh. Order from them and get fitted, or else get it done from Aarush@Autopyshce Gurgaon. You can also check at Kaka Silencers at Barakhamba Road.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 11:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwindows View Post
Hi,

Forget the K&N, I ll be slightly benificial for a turbo charged petrol car or a Turbo charged diesel car where in large volumes of air is sucked by the turbo, in a Petrol car without a turbo and such a small engine, absolutely no benefits. I would recommend sticking to a stock air filter and cleaning it ever 3 to 4 thousand km and replacing it every 10 k, atleast that's what I do in my Swift D, it hardly costs anything.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 18:02   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
No mistakes man. You can get a good freeflow done at SpeedSport Chattarpur. But, they will take quite a long time. You can also check at Automech's dealer at Karol Bagh. Order from them and get fitted, or else get it done from Aarush@Autopyshce Gurgaon. You can also check at Kaka Silencers at Barakhamba Road.
Thanks, I was almost not expecting a reply on such an old thread! I will check out Chattarpur and Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Forget the K&N, I ll be slightly benificial for a turbo charged petrol car or a Turbo charged diesel car where in large volumes of air is sucked by the turbo, in a Petrol car without a turbo and such a small engine, absolutely no benefits. I would recommend sticking to a stock air filter and cleaning it ever 3 to 4 thousand km and replacing it every 10 k, atleast that's what I do in my Swift D, it hardly costs anything.
Hi, thanks! saving wasteful expenditure always strikes a nice chord!, I will research some more about actual benefits reaped and then make an informed choice!
openwindows is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

I have a query regarding two kinds of air filters which came in Santro Xing - pre-ERLX filter (Euro 2) and ERLX filter (Euro 3).

Euro 3 filter has bigger paper element size as compared to Euro 2 filter.
Filter on the left is a Euro 3 filter and right one is a Euro 2 filter.

Pic1
K & N Filter for Santro ?-filter-2.jpg

Pic2
K & N Filter for Santro ?-filter-3.jpg

I have a Euro 2 Santro and feel that its air filter starts to choke around 5000 mark. I have tried cleaning the filter, but it does not help much except to change the air filter.

I was wondering if I can use Euro 3 filter on a Euro 2 car?
I understand that I would have to change the air filter housing as well to accommodate Euro 3 filter.

ECM should take care of air-fuel mixture?
Also, will it lead to excessive fuel consumption?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks