Team-BHP - 99'ZEN carb to ZEN mpfi....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   99'ZEN carb to ZEN mpfi.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/15557-99zen-carb-zen-mpfi.html)

Hey guys,

I have a question for all the gurus here,i have a 99zen carb which has lost all its pep...i wud like to get it converted to an MPFI ...is it possible???how much will it cost??i am also planning for an engine upgrade to and E-zen .......only if conversion to an MPFI works out for me(within 10k-15k)......how much cud the whole project cost me?Let me know ur thoughts guys.....

I am no guru here ;) , but in my opinion, sell off the carb & go in for a 2001/02 mpfi. Why fall into conversion & stuff. Then, you can always do your upgrade later.

az:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balram
Hey guys,

I have a question for all the gurus here,i have a 99zen carb which has lost all its pep...i wud like to get it converted to an MPFI ...is it possible???how much will it cost??i am also planning for an engine upgrade to and E-zen .......only if conversion to an MPFI works out for me(within 10k-15k)......how much cud the whole project cost me?Let me know ur thoughts guys.....

Hi,

Drop the idea it is way out of your budget. As far as your problem goes contact Pyscho of Tbhp and show him your car. He will give you an appropriate solution to your problem.

Viper

yes thats the better option......sell it and go for a 2000 zen....

Quote:

Drop the idea it is way out of your budget. As far as your problem goes contact Pyscho of Tbhp and show him your car. He will give you an appropriate solution to your problem.
Yes. Also, contact 'Amitoj' and check his e-zen out sometime.

Quote:

am also planning for an engine upgrade to and E-zen .......only if conversion to an MPFI works out for me(within 10k-15k).......

Why the pain and expense of converting to MPfi if you are going for an engine swap later. Makes no sense to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Why the pain and expense of converting to MPfi if you are going for an engine swap later. Makes no sense to me.

Hey thats bccoz after the upgrade...i want max performance....cannot stay on carb after the upgrade to e-zen or b-zen....correct me if am wrong,isnt it better to be on MPFI???

Quote:

Hey thats bccoz after the upgrade...i want max performance....cannot stay on carb after the upgrade to e-zen or b-zen....correct me if am wrong,isnt it better to be on MPFI???

Hi,

Not necessarily. All depemds on what upgrades you have planned. A e-zen with twin 40 DCOEe Webber will outperform a MPFI e-zen(stock ECU) with similar mods.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

Not necessarily. All depemds on what upgrades you have planned. A e-zen with twin 40 DCOEe Webber will outperform a MPFI e-zen(stock ECU) with similar mods.

Viper

hmmmm...that sounds really interesting..and wat if am going for a B-Zen ...which am actually thinkin of....if we cud something better than or equal to the MPFI in carbs(changin carbs) then i might change my mind.....and how bout the FE??wont it be better on the MPFI???under sane driving conditions?

Quote:

hmmmm...that sounds really interesting..and wat if am going for a B-Zen ...which am actually thinkin of....if we cud something better than or equal to the MPFI in carbs(changin carbs) then i might change my mind.....and how bout the FE??wont it be better on the MPFI???under sane driving conditions?

Hi,

A twin carb setup will consume more fuel than a MPFI setup, but if jetted correctly you could manage a decent figure of say 8-9kmpl under sane/normal driving. In India am MPFI setup is not necessarily better since you need access to a big budget and electronics and someone to tune it whereas in a crb setup it is a lot simpler. BTW 2 of the E-zens that took podium places in the Banglore Speed Run 2006 were from Mumbai running on carb setups.

Viper

hmmm this sound good....

Hey thanks for the Information Viper.That was educative.But I ll have to re think before I go for the upgrade I guess.If theres any thing els I cud do oto get FE of 10 to 13 and also a good upgrade do olet me know.thanks

[SIZE=2]Is the perfomene of the zen carb not that gr8 as that of zen mpfi if so any difference in performance how much can one expect it to be . What is the zen MH410 then did the zen come with any original suzuki engine or all were made locally.[/SIZE]

in europe our zen are deliverd with an mpfi carbs ar only availaible on the older model from before 1995

are webber dcoe's easily available.
a carb esteem engine would produce close to 65bhp...am i right?pls correct!!
a mpfi esteem engine would produce 85bhp.so can the two webber carbs produce 20bhp to equal a mpfi e-engine.
wouldnt it be easier to buy a mpfi along with the ecu and plonk it directly into the zen.
does the ecu take into acount the drive ratios of the gearbox because then there might be some problem if you were to stick with the zen gearbox.