Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 11:54   #16
elf
BANNED

Hey noguts: The Swift does have a high beltline, agreed. But it's still a hatch. Your bum ends roughly where you see it end, & you have a pretty unobscured vision behind - no extended bumper, tailgate mounted spare, etc. Hence, my opinion that the sensors are not needed on the vehicle.

Besides, as ajmat says, it becomes an unrequired crutch you get used to, which may impair your judgement when you park a vehicle without the sensors.

Competent drivers would simply use their rear view mirrors correctly - this is something that needs to be practiced to get perfect.

I may be blowing my trumpet, but after reading this thread, I realized that I haven't even turned around to look behind whilst parking any car in years... been using only the RVMs.

Finally, I guess the sensors in the bumpers would suffer every time you get 'nudged' in traffic.
Old 20th September 2006, 13:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
I realized that I haven't even turned around to look behind whilst parking any car in years... been using only the RVMs.
For a moment I thought you were going to say...."been using only the THUMP the car makes when it hits the wall" . But on a more serious note, agree with your statement, I think there is no substitute for learning how to use the OSRVMs for parking.
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2006, 13:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Elf, dont know about the swift but my wife finds the sensors quite helpful on her Sail (not much bigger than a swift and a hatch as well).
Old 20th September 2006, 15:57   #19
DRC
BHPian

I myself CANNOT turn around and see behind to park. Blame my big tummy. But I can successfully park precisely just using the RVM. But that does not discount the comfort of having one gadget like a reverse sensor.
There are people even after years of experience can not judge the space correctly. You can not expect every one to do it always right because you have mastered the art. I read some where that women have lesser spacial perspection than men. My wife agrees too.
Old 20th September 2006, 16:37   #20
elf
BANNED

Sheesh... Lesser spatial perception, depleted levels of intellect, a tendency towards hysteria, illogical thought patterns... Sigh... when will women ever get upto speed...?
Old 20th September 2006, 16:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Finally, I guess the sensors in the bumpers would suffer every time you get 'nudged' in traffic.
Surprisingly it doesn't happen.
I was once rear ended but the sensors kept working even after that.
Old 22nd September 2006, 02:03   #22
BHPian

A guy once parked his 2-wheeler right behind my Swift when i had stopped for a few seconds to ask for directions. When i reversed out i promptly knocked his bike over. I had checked all 3 mirrors as well as turned around to look through the rear window prior to moving the car. The high and small rear window on the Swift means you cant see very well when reversing, especially if there are low obstructions behind you.
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:13   #23
elf
BANNED

elf's First Law of Reversing:
Whilst reversing, if any small objects below the beltline of the vehicle being reversed are knocked down / maimed / mutilated / decapitated and / or altered from their original state of being, then the objects shall be held at fault. The small objects shall include animals, small humans, children, scooters, etc.

Note. This does not include elephants, building walls, transmission towers, & humans above 4.5 feet.

Remedy: To absolve oneself of any crime if such an incident does happen, immediately place the vehicle in first gear & drive away. Do not stop, collect 200 dollars, or go to jail.

Last edited by elf : 22nd September 2006 at 11:14.
Old 24th September 2006, 00:03   #24
BHPian

Maneesh, if u can spend for the SCREEN and a camera / have place for it on dash for a lcd screen for ur ICE or the rear view mirror lcd can be done, then the best bet is the Rear View Camera!

If not, its gotta be the Reverse sensors.

man, the Reverse Parking Sensors with Display in Laura are just awesome! very very accurate!
Old 10th May 2007, 13:56   #25
BHPian

Oops

Hi Guys .

I am a novice at driving and banged my new Swift VDI yesterday while reversing ...Fortunately the damage was not much , minor scratches on the rear left wheel area ..

But that has got me thinking about installing the reverse parking sensor ...

Requesting some information about the company , number of sensors required , price ...

Any body recommending a good shop in delhi .. will be hugely appreciated..
Old 10th May 2007, 20:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Guys .

I am a novice at driving and banged my new Swift VDI yesterday while reversing ...Fortunately the damage was not much , minor scratches on the rear left wheel area ..

Requesting some information about the company , number of sensors required , price ...

One of my dealer quoted me 4k for the sensors ( with screen showing the distance).

I am yet to reverse a swift but the thing is that i do agreee , it can be a pain reversing the car in tight spots !!
Old 10th May 2007, 21:26   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Guys .

i got mine for 5k. if you want pics see my garage.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:14   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... so this thread has been bumped back to life. Well, no one has as yet mentioned which is the best brand of reverse sensor/camera pack. Prices also seem to vary for every one. I have heard everything from 3k to 10.5k!
Old 12th May 2007, 07:48   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
elf's First Law of Reversing:
Whilst reversing, if any small objects below the beltline of the vehicle being reversed are knocked down / maimed / mutilated / decapitated and / or altered from their original state of being, then the objects shall be held at fault. The small objects shall include animals, small humans, children, scooters, etc.

Note. This does not include elephants, building walls, transmission towers, & humans above 4.5 feet.

Remedy: To absolve oneself of any crime if such an incident does happen, immediately place the vehicle in first gear & drive away. Do not stop, collect 200 dollars, or go to jail.
A really good piece of advice !!! But what will be the case in a crowded area ?
Old 12th May 2007, 10:13   #30
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
A really good piece of advice !!! But what will be the case in a crowded area ?
Please view the remedy listed below the law. Mowing down as many people as possible whilst making your getaway shall get you additional points.

On your licence at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks