Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 12:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Parking aids make sense for vehicles with poor rear visibility; else they'd be a crutch for a healthy man
Old 12th May 2007, 12:10   #32
Team-BHP Support

I am so used to the PDCs (all 3 cars in my family have them) that I find my self reyling on them even when driving other cars. BTW are reverse cameras any use in low light conditions (night)?
Old 12th July 2007, 12:12   #33
BHPian

How big in Dia shall be these reverse sensors? I am planning to have one for my swift (silky silver). Exploring option to go for 4 sensor with camera.

Ram P
Old 12th July 2007, 13:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW are reverse cameras any use in low light conditions (night)?
As long as the reversing lamps work I've not experienced any problems. I was initially quite skeptical of how useful it would be but now I have changed my mind. Especially for a hulk like the Safari, even if you use your ORVM for reversing, there is a big area in between which is not visible - chances of a dog or a kid being in that area are very high. That's where I find it a big help
Old 12th July 2007, 15:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ditto with me too. I've 4 parking sensors & a camera fitted in my Scorp and they have proved pretty useful in tight parking situations. If the reversing lamps are functional then the low light or night is not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
As long as the reversing lamps work I've not experienced any problems. I was initially quite skeptical of how useful it would be but now I have changed my mind. Especially for a hulk like the Safari, even if you use your ORVM for reversing, there is a big area in between which is not visible - chances of a dog or a kid being in that area are very high. That's where I find it a big help
Old 12th July 2007, 16:22   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
In case my options aren't suitable for you, do what the girls in my building do - whenever you wish to park, simply get outta the car, say "Driverjee, zara please garry ko park karna na" in your falsetto voices, whilst lifting up your long skirts so you don't get dirt on it.
+1 - well said. sensors are for girls.
Old 12th July 2007, 17:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm... so this thread has been bumped back to life. Well, no one has as yet mentioned which is the best brand of reverse sensor/camera pack. Prices also seem to vary for every one. I have heard everything from 3k to 10.5k!

Actually the prices start from as little as 1500/- for the basic model just checked yesterday. Was thinking of installing one on my Octavia. I guess the spectrum of coverage would be enhanced with the 4 sensor unit - the Octavia does have a blind spot inspite of good ORVM's - cant really see the pavement height etc

Cheers
Old 12th July 2007, 17:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilvarma View Post
+1 - well said. sensors are for girls.

I think it is a utility based accessory - don't see anything feminine or masculine about it. Wait till you damage your rear bumper - you might change your mind

Cheers
Old 12th July 2007, 18:57   #39

I damaged my front bumper (and the radiator too) yesterday. but the sensors wouldn't have helped as I was at 50kmph.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:14   #40
BHPian

i want to fit reverse sensors and camera to my ovtavia .can someone suggest a good place to buy this in delhi or gurgaon and what should be the price of the above?
any specific brand i should be buying???
thanks
Old 13th July 2007, 21:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh View Post
Hellow,I think to install a reverse guidance system in my Lancer.There is two options are available ,thats Reverse camera system and the parking sensor.I have no idea about the actual usefulness of the parking sensor and reverse camera.If anyone have experience with this stuffs or idea pls advise me which one is better for me and cost-effective ?

hey my friend has got a rear view camera installed on his OHC which was installed in the center of his rear bumper and on the rear view mirror inside the cabin there is an addon and has a big display on it which is like a screen and helps in terms or reversing, apart from dat i think it aint that great.. he paid 6k for it.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:32   #42
BHPian

Ever heard abt :: car gadgets accessories car fridge cum warmer rear view system inno roof boxes carmate hebe accessories special gadgets

I believe they do have reverse camera and sensors.

Did anyone install them in the vehicles? Feedback is very much appreciated.

PS: Got the link from ET
Old 13th September 2007, 16:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

For bangaloreans, here's a manufacturer
Old 13th September 2007, 18:28   #44
BHPian

Xenos also makes Parking Sensor systems.
www.xenos.co.in
-- Torqy
Old 14th September 2007, 20:39   #45
BANNED

hey bhpians...i have a toyota prado 2006 model..was thinking of installing parking sensors or a reversing camera..any ideas where i can get a kit and the cost..i m in delhi

Most Viewed