Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 16:51   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Some days back saw an advertisement on Facebook about a camera that can connect by blue tooth to your smart phone.
So the camera was shown stuck some place in the rear of the car and you could turn it ON from the smart phone and see the on goings on smart phone screen. No need to install a screen on dashboard.
Searched on net later but could not find.
Any idea guys where it could be found as I would like to buy it.
Interestingly, I saw the same video but could not save the link at that time. It was more of a Japanese or chinese face shown in the video. Now I am looking for a similar wireless set up in my car but not able to find any links !! It was just the plug and play type, no wiring, no drilling but completely on wifi.
Old 8th February 2017, 17:05   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Interestingly, I saw the same video but could not save the link at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Some days back saw an advertisement on Facebook about a camera that can connect by blue tooth to your smart phone.
https://pearlauto.com/
This looks more promising

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 17:10   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Regards-Sonu
You are an angel I had given up finding it after searching many key words. Now need to figure out how to procure one and get it fixed here
Old 18th February 2017, 13:25   #649
BHPian

I got an Autocop ParkPro 1000 fixed to my Grand i10 yesterday.

My car comes with the OEM sensors so I only wanted the camera to be fixed. While the price of the entire kit (sensors plus camera) is somewere near Rs. 6,500/-, I negotiated for the price of the camera only at Rs. 4,500/-.

The package comes with these clips that can be attached to an existing wire without cutting the wiring of the car. That means no warranty issues at all.

A mirror (containing the display) was mounted on the IRVM. I am getting full colored display.

Happy with the purchase.
Old 18th February 2017, 15:43   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurbhageria View Post
I got an Autocop ParkPro 1000 fixed to my Grand i10 yesterday.

My car comes with the OEM sensors so I only wanted the camera to be fixed. While the price of the entire kit (sensors plus camera) is somewere near Rs. 6,500/-, I negotiated for the price of the camera only at Rs. 4,500/-.

The package comes with these clips that can be attached to an existing wire without cutting the wiring of the car. That means no warranty issues at all.

A mirror (containing the display) was mounted on the IRVM. I am getting full colored display.

Happy with the purchase.
Just a couple of points, one of which you would already have noticed:
-The day-night feature of the original mirror is now unusable, with the new mirror clipped on it.
-If your original mirror is fixed to the windscreen with the help of an OEM double-sided sticky pad, it may slowly come off after many months due to the extra weight. Mine did, twice, hence this word of caution.
Cheers
FarPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:18   #651
BHPian

I had a crosslink rear view camera IRVM mounted onto my existing rear view mirror which also had a reverse parking sensor setup built in with audible warning.
Since I changed the OE headunit to a Pioneer unit I moved the camera connection to the HU. The IRVM was practically unusable as due to the extra weight of the new mirror it would be always pointing downwards and if the car is parked in the sun too long it'd be moving around like jelly.
Now : Can i in some way route the sensors audible warning to my HU via the RCA inputs ?
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:43   #652
Senior - BHPian

I have a combo camera + single sensor with display in my Mobilio for the past year. Of late I've noticed that after parking in the sun for a while, on engaging rear gear, the sensor screams stop even when there's nothing behind. This automatically corrects itself after parking in the shade. What could this be due to?
Old 27th July 2017, 07:56   #653
BHPian

I am looking for OEM reverse camera for my Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI 2017 model car.
The camera should be integrated with HUD.
Old 16th March 2018, 19:01   #654
BHPian

Has anyone used MYTVS range of Audio devices which can be paired with their Reverse Cameras and sensors . They have a few options on Amazon, but not many reviews.

https://www.amazon.in/myTVS-TAV-61-R.../dp/B077L93W4N

https://www.amazon.in/myTVS-TAV-61-D...4%3AmyTVS&th=1

Anyone here has used these. I'm getting a Grand i10 Magna AT that does not come with a Music system as part of standard equipment.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:40   #655
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

Regards-Sonu
Is this camera device available in India? Just checking!

Last edited by bblost : 2nd April 2018 at 11:43.
Old 1st September 2018, 00:41   #656
Senior - BHPian

One of the reverse sensor loosened and is slipped back into the bumper. So it's pretty much useless as it beeps like crazy when I engage reverse. It's working but I can't reach it to put it in place. How easy is it to fish it back out and replace it?
Mine is an Xcent with original reverse sensor. I'll post pictures later.
Old 11th October 2018, 01:24   #657
BHPian

Just got myself a pre owned 2011 VW Vento Highline Petrol MT. The car doesn't have any parking aid as of now and I want to install reverse parking camera as well as sensors.
Bhpians your valuable suggestions are required as to which brand should I take and where will I get the best equipment in Mumbai.
Old 11th October 2018, 08:19   #658
BANNED

Having used both I now think the camera is a better choice. Only issue is whether they will work well in a darkened place. I remember ages ago both the reversing lights on my Accent had failed, I had not realised it, and in the situation the camera would have been useless.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 19:24   #659
BHPian

I have used both quite a lot and both are definitely needed, in my opinion.

If reversing to a white wall behind, the camera is useless and the sensor helps.
And when reversing to a parking area with kids around, the camera is a must to get a proper view and the sensor is not of much use.

All this from whatever I have experienced and maybe there are various other types of cameras and sensors that work differently.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 23:37   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Having used both I now think the camera is a better choice. Only issue is whether they will work well in a darkened place. I remember ages ago both the reversing lights on my Accent had failed, I had not realised it, and in the situation the camera would have been useless.
Quote:
I have used both quite a lot and both are definitely needed, in my opinion.

If reversing to a white wall behind, the camera is useless and the sensor helps.
And when reversing to a parking area with kids around, the camera is a must to get a proper view and the sensor is not of much use.

All this from whatever I have experienced and maybe there are various other types of cameras and sensors that work differently.
Thanks for your suggestions. A dealer showed me a reverse cam with two integrated sensors within the camera body. He claims that the sensors will detect obstructions at the edges of the bumper too although the sensors are placed on either side of the camera lens, but I doubt his claims. He's quoting ₹2500 for the product with a one year warranty and also the benefit that no holes have to be drilled in the bumper.

Has anyone used such type of a cam?
P.S. I'm really sorry for not clicking the picture of the product
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks