Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2018, 13:32   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

I have a similar one albeit with 1 sensor. Works well, but distance shown is just for guidance. When it heats up in the sun, the sensor emits a continuous beep, but otherwise working well for the past 3 years. INR 2500 is a great deal. IIRC I paid 4K for the whole thing.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:25   #662
Geo
BHPian

Does anyone have any recommendations about a reliable shop in Bangalore where they will fix it on my Honda City, if I order reverse camera and screen from online?
Old 24th October 2018, 17:33   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations about a reliable shop in Bangalore where they will fix it on my Honda City, if I order reverse camera and screen from online?
Which part of Bangalore are you from? If towards JP Nagar, I suggest Fast Track Car Accessories near Brigade Millennium, recently I got my Double Din system installed from them, they did a neat work and cost was also not too high.
Old 24th October 2018, 17:39   #664
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Which part of Bangalore are you from? If towards JP Nagar, I suggest Fast Track Car Accessories near Brigade Millennium, recently I got my Double Din system installed from them, they did a neat work and cost was also not too high.
Thank you. It isn't very far for me. I am from Koramangala.
Old 9th December 2018, 16:14   #665
BHPian

I am looking for a reverse camera for Civic. I have a San Marino 330 double din system and has to integrate with that.

Can anyone recommend a good LED one, which also has night vision. Also how many sensors are suggested, will the sensors come along with the camera.

KK
Old 12th February 2020, 21:52   #666
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm in need (not urgent) of aftermarket reverse sensors which do not hamper the warranty on my 1 year old Abarth Punto. Now I do have a reverse camera but the output is nothing to write about due to average quality of the camera and navigation display, coupled with weird camera angle.

I just got my rear bumper replaced due to some scratches that occurred while reversing as I was relying primarily on reverse camera during initial days. My usual parking spot is slightly tricky especially in low lights so to avoid any further damages to the new bumper, I'm pondering on getting the sensors installed. Unfortunately, the OEM sensors for Punto/Linea are out of stock on 99RPM and my last option is to get it ordered through the Service centre if that's possible at all. I also tried to contact Autocop in Mumbai for their ParkPro which seems to be be a good product that keeps the warranty intact but I'm unable to get through on their phone numbers. Autocop has surprisingly stopped selling online on Amazon/Flipkart etc. I don't need anything fancy, just the buzzers would be sufficient and the distance measuring display would definitely be a plus. My budget is around INR 5k which is the cost of OEM sensors. Any suggestions to get this in Mumbai?
Old 13th February 2020, 12:28   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Thank you. It isn't very far for me. I am from Koramangala.
Check Sachin's Auto Shop > (ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore))

Speak to them and check if they are OK to fit what you bring.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 19:44   #668
BHPian

Hello everyone.
Can anyone guide me towards a good electrician / ICE installation guy keeping myb location of Hebbal,Bangalore in mind.

The issue is that I have an old Worldtech model reverse camera and sensors installed in my car, which stopped working , since I gave the car for some accidental repairs .

The guys messed up with the wiring etc. I visited an accessories guy for this work but they were more interested in selling me a new system declaring the whole system kaput .
I need a guy who can re install the same at a nominal cost.
Old 14th August 2020, 23:31   #669
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking for a decent reverse camera and display monitor for my car.

I'm planning to order online and fix it myself. Do not want any holes in the bumper hence skipping parking sensors for now. Autocop, MyTVS and Nippon are some good brands priced around ₹4000. Is it worth spending on these kits given that I can have a proper touchscreen HU for around 10k to which any aftermarket camera can be connected.

Any other recommendations will be of great help. Not very picky about picture quality or brand name but want the product to be durable.
Old 7th September 2020, 17:58   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for a decent reverse camera and display monitor for my car.

I'm planning to order online and fix it myself. Do not want any holes in the bumper hence skipping parking sensors for now. Autocop, MyTVS and Nippon are some good brands priced around ₹4000. Is it worth spending on these kits given that I can have a proper touchscreen HU for around 10k to which any aftermarket camera can be connected.

Any other recommendations will be of great help. Not very picky about picture quality or brand name but want the product to be durable.
I went scouting for Reverse Parking Camera for my Scorpio over the weekend and returned with exactly this dilemma

While checking the camera set up, a gentleman was buying HU for Honda City at INR 8000/-. Didn't get a chance to gather more information regarding the HU. However, given the fact that reverse camera with display were in the range of INR 3000-4000, this dilemma started.

However, looking closely, the camera is in the range of 1000-1500 while the display is in the range of 2000-2500. All Chinese un-branded ones.

That said, the base cost to compare should be that of the display instead of the the complete unit (display plus camera)

Meanwhile, I have ordered one basic camera plus display from Amazon. Will try to fix it as a DIY project before seeking professional help. Will test it and see if I need to upgrade to a better set up.
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 20:48   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Meanwhile, I have ordered one basic camera plus display from Amazon.
Even I'm planning to go with this product but waiting for prices to drop. It was listed for Rs. 999 with shipping last month during some sale.

Wish you luck for the DIY install. Do share your experience.
Old 8th September 2020, 13:33   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Wish you luck for the DIY install. Do share your experience.
Lack of expertise in auto-electric area coupled with the need to find sweet spot for display and camera, the Stage 1 of install is going to be reversible and temporary.

I have 4WD Scorpio with a tow hook in the center of rear bumper, so finding a suitable slot to mount camera would be one of the challenges. Similarly, for display, I need to find some place other than the dashboard.

AFAIK, the standard installation is to fix the display on the dashboard and the camera goes into the center of rear bumper.

Also, in Stage 1, I won't tap into the reverse parking light wiring and will draw power either from 12v Socket or USB Port.

Would be able to tolerate the dangling wires for few weeks. Currently the driving and cleaning responsibilities are assigned to me .

Stage 2 would be the permanent tidy installation after I am satisfied with the quality and location of the setup.
Old 8th September 2020, 16:33   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have 4WD Scorpio with a tow hook in the center of rear bumper, so finding a suitable slot to mount camera would be one of the challenges.
Why not get a number plate mounted camera like this one?

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-images.jpeg

These are available for less than Rs. 1000 at car accessory shops. You can check the picture quality before buying so that's another plus.

BHPian Sheel had installed OE camera on the rear bumper of his 4wd Scorpio and the results were not that great. You can check his ownership thread for that.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 12:34   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Why not get a number plate mounted camera like this one?.
Sharing update on this work. The package arrived last week well in time with the following ingredients:
  1. Display
  2. Camera
  3. Power Cables with socket for Display and Camera
  4. Video Extension Cord
  5. Drill Bit
  6. A mount Bracket for camera with Screws
Using this bracket the camera could be mounted at another appropriate place (than a hole in the bumper).

Overall build quality seemed fine for the price I had paid. However, the packaging i.e. the box is made for display and camera has been placed in it. This is evident from the text on the box.

The next step was to test the equipment. Initially, I used 5V as input from a USB Charger and Cable. However, this resulted in display not lighting up properly due to under voltage.

Then I had to dig a old 12v AC-DC adapter and the equipment worked fine. This brought another challenge of powering it in the car. With USB port it was easy to power it but with 12v, I needed to tap into the 12v Socket.

Since, I wanted the temporary set up to be non-intrusive, I needed something like this. However, I was not ready to spend ~700 rupees on this. Call me thrifty.

With vacations coming up, I wanted to get this done over the weekend and test it for a week. Didn't wanted to leave this task to be done after the vacations.

So, the DIY idea went for toss. The only saving grace was that I was able to fiddle around for the location of display in car using the 12v AC-DC adapter. Two locations were identified: On the dashboard (standard one) and another below the 1-din stereo. The second location might be cause hindrance in gear shift and would result in the display getting unstuck. So, final decision was left for discussion while installation.

Went to the car market and got hold of an accessory guy to get it installed. After much discussions and deliberations, we resorted to old school thinking and installed the display at LHS on the dashboard. The camera is in the dashboard at the location specified by manufacturer.

Overall, the picture quality is acceptable. However, the tow hook is a permanent fixture in the display. I am getting used to use the camera while reversing.

I use the three mirrors and look-over-the-shoulder method while reversing. The camera will help to provide the visibility under the rear glass, like to see obstacles like small pole, animal or child.

This will probably avoid the situation where I need to get out of the car and look for any obstacles while reversing --- also hopefully avoiding the parking attendants' criticism of my driving capabilities.
manchandap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 14:27   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing update on this work.
It's great that you got a mounting bracket in the package. Can you please share some pictures of where & how you've fixed the camera?

Also it seems that only a handful of sellers on Amazon are providing a separate mounting bracket. Which seller did you get your shipment from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks