Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 21:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Does the distance indicator show the distance in numbers or just a graphical animation stuff? Camera sensor will help in seeing kids, cats, dogs,etc. but otherwise it wont offer anything better than a distance indicator sensor. If the camera shows an other object in close up, you wont be able to judge the distance. You know its close but not how close.

I have the distance indicator with the graphical animation stuff. But it "gives up" if the object is closer than 10CM. I would have liked it if it had also shown me a number on the display. I have to park two cars in my garage with zero gap in between :-)
it does everything you asked for..

* a circular dial - green, orange, red zones(red being the danger zone). The arrow points according zone corresponding to the distance calculated by the sensors.
* digital number display of the distance (just below the dial eg. _ _ _)
* the four pods - one of them will blink if it encounters any obstruction and hence you know which side of the car is the obstruction located.

Last edited by iTNerd : 9th October 2007 at 21:11.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
What brand is the one you installed in your vehicle? I saw your photo gallery. Are your sensors white in color ? Because till date I have seen only Black colored sensors in BLR

Thanks
think its from ALLWAY..the pods were painted to match the color of the car by the dealer..
Old 9th October 2007, 23:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
it does everything you asked for..

* a circular dial - green, orange, red zones(red being the danger zone). The arrow points according zone corresponding to the distance calculated by the sensors.
* digital number display of the distance (just below the dial eg. _ _ _)
* the four pods - one of them will blink if it encounters any obstruction and hence you know which side of the car is the obstruction located.

How much did the reverse sensor kit cost you with the mirror etc?
Old 11th October 2007, 14:28   #64
BHPian

But do these sensors remain active even when ignition is turned off.

I am asking this bcoz if someone is parking his car behind mine will my car give him an alert beep so that he doesnt touch my car's bumper.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:31   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
But do these sensors remain active even when ignition is turned off.

I am asking this bcoz if someone is parking his car behind mine will my car give him an alert beep so that he doesnt touch my car's bumper.
nope. you cant hear the beep outside.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

iTNerd Looks pretty good. Thanks for the photos. A picture is worth a million words! I see that you have take the trouble to mask the license plate number of the Ford in the front also :-)
Old 11th October 2007, 16:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Nice Set Dude How much Did it cost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
And Ya where did you get them from?
cost 4500 bucks.. got it along from the dealer's showroom..

Last edited by iTNerd : 11th October 2007 at 16:37.
Old 11th October 2007, 19:43   #68
BHPian

It costs around 3K alongwith 2 forward sensors and 6 months warranty
Old 28th October 2007, 22:38   #69

where in mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
It costs around 3K alongwith 2 forward sensors and 6 months warranty

hey ferro where do you get these in mumbai.......... i wanted to buy one for my sx4
Old 29th October 2007, 13:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

I've visited an accessories shop near my house and saw them fitting a reverse sensor cum camera on a Verna. It costs Rs 14K, and is supposed to be imported.
They fit the camera and 4 sensors on the rear bumper, and an LCD screen just in front of the RVM.The LCD functions just like a mirror, but when reverse gear is engaged, the rear view image on the LCD screen is quite clear, though not so in pitch dark condition. It also shows vertical bars on both sides, which increase as the distance to the obstacle gets closer. There is also a distance measurer on the top of each vertical bar, which shows distance in metres. Once you get closer than 0.5 metre to the obstacles, the metre sign changes to 'STOP'.
I'm getting tempted to install it on my Fiesta, but need inputs from other members of this forum if the price is right.
Old 29th October 2007, 13:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

A similar model is installed in my Scorpio and this was done 2 yrs back when these kind if accessories were a novelty. Then it had costed my 12K.

Normally the prices should have come down; 14K sounds steep. Try to negotiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've visited an accessories shop near my house and saw them fitting a reverse sensor cum camera on a Verna. It costs Rs 14K, and is supposed to be imported.
They fit the camera and 4 sensors on the rear bumper, and an LCD screen just in front of the RVM.The LCD functions just like a mirror, but when reverse gear is engaged, the rear view image on the LCD screen is quite clear, though not so in pitch dark condition. It also shows vertical bars on both sides, which increase as the distance to the obstacle gets closer. There is also a distance measurer on the top of each vertical bar, which shows distance in metres. Once you get closer than 0.5 metre to the obstacles, the metre sign changes to 'STOP'.
I'm getting tempted to install it on my Fiesta, but need inputs from other members of this forum if the price is right.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
A similar model is installed in my Scorpio and this was done 2 yrs back when these kind if accessories were a novelty. Then it had costed my 12K.

Normally the prices should have come down; 14K sounds steep. Try to negotiate.
Thanks, will do. Anyone from Hyd with inputs on this?
Old 29th October 2007, 17:22   #73
BHPian

You know, I always feel its better to drive a manual car than its automatic peer. Becos when u r driving a Manual, u feel you are driving the car, and when u drive an Automatic, the car actually drives you. A similar theory applies for the sensors. The real passion is when you do things manually. When you simulate the space between the bumpers, you should not be relying on cameras and bumpers. We appreciate the technology and hats off to it. But its about driving here. Its a different story if you are new to steering. We are here to become professionals. Lets not rely on them....
Old 29th October 2007, 17:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
You know, I always feel its better to drive a manual car than its automatic peer. Becos when u r driving a Manual, u feel you are driving the car, and when u drive an Automatic, the car actually drives you. A similar theory applies for the sensors. The real passion is when you do things manually. When you simulate the space between the bumpers, you should not be relying on cameras and bumpers. We appreciate the technology and hats off to it. But its about driving here. Its a different story if you are new to steering. We are here to become professionals. Lets not rely on them....
Definitely OT:

Hmm.. I could argue on a whole lot of technologies then. why use ABS? why have airbags.. its just driving skills. Lets do away with them. Why use tubeless tyres, fuel gauges?

Its better to be safe than be sorry. I live in an apartment where a lot of kids play around. I don't want for one minute back up into someone whom I cannot see. And its obviously not possible to get down and check for them everytime. By the time you get into the car there might be one who'll want to hide behind the car. (Well kids are like that...)
Old 29th October 2007, 19:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Definitely OT:

Hmm.. I could argue on a whole lot of technologies then. why use ABS? why have airbags.. its just driving skills. Lets do away with them. Why use tubeless tyres, fuel gauges?

Its better to be safe than be sorry. I live in an apartment where a lot of kids play around. I don't want for one minute back up into someone whom I cannot see. And its obviously not possible to get down and check for them everytime. By the time you get into the car there might be one who'll want to hide behind the car. (Well kids are like that...)
100% agreed sometimes u cant see small dogs or cats sleeping its very helpful if we have any sort of sensors.

@ On Forward sensors : they get activated when u put the car in First gear helps alot in Bumper to bumper traffic show the exact distance and beeps if u come closer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks