Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 16:59   #691
Senior - BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

The blaupunkt dh05 has pretty decent clarity, even at night. The installers said it cant be installed in the stock location so had to install it more to the left. The shop guy showed me one from globalbyte which actually replaces the plastic cover for the number plate light and fots there. Its basically another cover with the camera attached to it.
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_20210704_165411.jpg  

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_20210704_165055.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 19:36   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
I have selected 70mai 9.35" rearview mirror dash cam with reverse parking function. It serves both the purpose of a reverse camera and a dash camera. Wide-screen is welcome, there are many reviews available online but could not find a long term review.
Did you end up purchasing this one? I'm looking for a review too. Planning to install on my Punto as it serves both purpose of Dash Cam and reverse camera.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:19   #693
BHPian

Blaupunkt DH02 is great camera for anybody who is looking to replace their rear view car cameras. It has very good clarity and costs about 1600, Besides the main point is accuracy is spot on.
I can reverse it right to my wall at the exact red line spot.

Would definitely suggest the above mentioned camera rather then the cheap Chinese knock offs.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:17   #694
BHPian

I think a combination of both is good like the hyundai systems. With adaptive guidelines .
Old 25th September 2021, 12:02   #695
BHPian

Hello all,

So the aftermarket reverse camera+sensor kit(video through rear view mirror) that showroom had installed at the time of delivery started developing problem due to Duster being stationary for long under heavy showers.

I sent it to the company workshop for general service & repair, they are asking to replace the entire camera/sensor unit for 15K. They’re not able to repair it.

I had opted to get the kit fitted from company at the time of car purchase for simple reason that if anything goes wrong in setup, company will fix. I don’t have time or expertise to install the kit myself now (by ordering online) or know any reliable shop in Mumbai for this particular work. From the feedback I gather, one can easily find a kit cheap & get it installed at local garage guy; but if the system or installation is even slightly incorrectly then you’ll face recurring problems.

It would of great help if anyone can suggest reliable kit for Duster & installation place in Mumbai. Or should I opt for company showroom to get it done ? Any other advice is welcome too.

P.s: Car is out of warranty & I don’t mind ditching camera and go with just the sensors.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th November 2021, 09:53   #696
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone used the Pioneer ND-BC02 reversing camera? It is almost 10 times more expensive than the typical chinese cameras. How is the night performance and angle of coverage?

https://www.motorogue.in/products/ca...se-camera.html

How does it compare with Blaupunkt Universal Rear View Camera BC DH03? Which is much cheaper.

https://www.motorogue.in/products/ca...a-bc-dh03.html

The Blaupunkt has way better specifications, that is what is confusing here.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th November 2021 at 10:21.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 10:27   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Has anyone used the Pioneer ND-BC02 reversing camera? It is almost 10 times more expensive than the typical chinese cameras. How is the night performance and angle of coverage?

https://www.motorogue.in/products/ca...se-camera.html

How does it compare with Blaupunkt Universal Rear View Camera BC DH03? Which is much cheaper.

https://www.motorogue.in/products/ca...a-bc-dh03.html

The Blaupunkt has way better specifications, that is what is confusing here.
I have the Blaupunkt one. It has above average picture quality. The lens is pretty wide to cover the entire width of the car. I found the night time clarity to be better than the day time. IMO, for a reverse camera you need the wide angle more than the picture quality. You are not going to use the reverse camera feed for long so its ability to cover the area behind the car is more important

I suggest you go with the Blaupunkt one. If you are not satisfied then you may think of upgrading it

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th November 2021 at 10:30.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 10:41   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I suggest you go with the Blaupunkt one. If you are not satisfied then you may think of upgrading it
Totally agree. I installed Blaupunkt in my car, one that came complimentary with the head unit and each time I see the quality of output from some of the other OE units, I realise how better Blaupunkt camera really is.
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-20211110_181545.jpg

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-20211110_181602.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 11:18   #699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Totally agree. I installed Blaupunkt in my car, one that came complimentary with the head unit
Can you tell me what model it is? It is the straight one (DH01/02), adjustable (DH03) or angled one (DH04/05)?
Old 16th November 2021, 11:20   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell me what model it is? It is the straight one (DH01/02), adjustable (DH03) or angled one (DH04/05)?
For sure DH01/02 family as I have mounted this on the bumper and is non adjustable. I had kept this one lying idle and one day I decided to install it.

The pics taken do not do justice but in reality the output is indeed excellent.

EDIT: I remember fellow BHPian audioholic get a DH03 by reaching out to Blaupunkt directly when he purchased the head unit instead of the default DH01/02 they would ship and when he has sent pics earlier (unable to retrieve), the clarity was equally fantastic.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th November 2021 at 11:23.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 12:30   #701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For sure DH01/02 family as I have mounted this on the bumper and is non adjustable.
Yours is possibly DH06 because it has guidelines. The DH01/02 doesn't have guidelines.

Quote:
EDIT: I remember fellow BHPian audioholic get a DH03 by reaching out to Blaupunkt directly when he purchased the head unit instead of the default DH01/02 they would ship and when he has sent pics earlier (unable to retrieve), the clarity was equally fantastic.
The DH01 actually has only 120 degree coverage. It can be seen in the unboxing video. Here is the screen shot. But their website incorrectly states 170 degrees.

Name:  Fullscreen capture 16112021 114528.bmp.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  82.9 KB

However, the DH02 has 170 degree coverage. That is the main difference between DH01 and DH02. So I am ordering DH02 or DH03.

There is also DH2.1, which has exact same specs as DH02. I am wondering what that is...

BTW, all the recent reviews for DH02 on Amazon.in are pretty bad. I think the current seller is selling some fake product.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th November 2021 at 12:43.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 18:40   #702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, all the recent reviews for DH02 on Amazon.in are pretty bad. I think the current seller is selling some fake product.
After this observation, I contacted two other sellers, Motorogue and Blaupunktcar.in about the availability. Motorogue answered after a day saying they didn't have DH02 in stock. That latter didn't even bother to answer.

So I became very reluctant to order this item online, and looked around for physical stores. I wanted this camera with warranty. The road next to my street has plenty of auto shops of every kind. I found one accessories shop on google and visited him today. He had just one Blaupunkt DH02 (selling at MRP), but the camera didn't have the clip. So he directed me to a brand called Drek which carried the same price. I guess his margin was much higher with it, he had 10 of them. He claimed it had same specs, but I was able to pull out the specification sheet and pointed out it was 640x480, compared 1080x720 of Blaupunkt DH02.

Once he realised I had done my homework before visiting him, he offered to get the item from the distributor if I can give some advance. When he called the distributor, I asked him to check if DH2.1 was available. They did, it is nothing but the DH02 with updated firmware. So I placed the order by paying 500 bucks. Few hours later I went again and picked up the DH 2.1 for 2K. It is higher than online prices, but I got some control over the purchase process. So extra bucks were worth it. Now he had 4 of them in the shop.

Installation will be next week.

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-pxl_20211117_115423173.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 19:22   #703
Senior - BHPian

I'm using Blaupunkt BC DH 2.1 bought from the Blaupunkt store for a few months, No issues. Picture clarity is good though post rains there is fogging and streaking.

Not sure of the difference versus BC DH02.
Old 18th November 2021, 10:31   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

DH01 is not that wide angle. However for cars with smaller width it is good enough.

I checked the blaupunkt website and I see a plethora of options available now for the reverse camera. Although they are rebranded chinese, quality control is good.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 18th November 2021 at 10:47.
Old 19th November 2021, 15:30   #705
BHPian

Can anyone suggest me which reverse camera to buy for Spresso? I want the camera output to come in the integrated maruti smartplay system. I have asked for quotes of camera from the various accessory shops I have near my home and I have got varied prices, from 800 rupees to 2000 Rupees. No brand was specified.

In Spressso, camera is usually installed in the bumper after drilling a hole and it is fixed. I would like the green, yellow, red fixed guidelines to be there. I have heard that even the MGA camera does not come with any lines whatsoever (and they charge 5K for that).

Any suggestions? Or I should just go with whatever the accessory shop offers? I doubt they would understand if I tell them I want wider field of view camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks